PDA

View Full Version : Leafy Plant

harv
04-26-2003, 03:51 PM
This painting/drawing started as a pen and ink drawing - then added ink washes - and then added acrylic washes. I scanned in the image and I only have an A4 scanner - so therefore some of the image is cropped but I hope you get the feel of it.
It was a drawing that became a painting.
The drawing/painting is 20inches by 12 inches approx.
Hope you like it.

MonicaB
04-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Oh, I like it very much!

BTDogMom
04-26-2003, 04:37 PM
It's beutiful, really beautiful!!! I don't like it though, I love it :evil: !!

sassybird
04-26-2003, 05:09 PM
You did a great job in mixing your mediums in this piece. I especially like the weathered look you gave the pot. The colors work well, and I like the looseness of the area surrounding the pot. Your leaves are well formed, but I think your crosshatching could be a little tighter to represent the dark values of the leaves. That is the only thing I see that could use some improvement. Let's put it this way :D I would hang it on my wall.

seejay
04-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Very good work Harv!:clap: :clap:

The pot is my favourite bit, and I like the loose hatching style you used with the ink. The colours work really well too.

Cheers

cnfwriter
04-26-2003, 06:25 PM
I love this Harv. The pen strokes around the leaves have the feel of vibrant tension, then the lower right transitions to soft, solid earth tones. Well done. Is the resulting painting viewable somewhere on the site too? I'd love to see how the painting turned out as well.

artdude
04-26-2003, 07:11 PM
The two mediums work well together harv!! :) Great job on the washes!! Have any of your other drawings turned in to paintings? The black ink really makes everything stand out. Hope to see more your work in this forum :D:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

jjsangel
04-27-2003, 12:10 AM
This is really neat looking...:)

Jakeally
04-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Woweeeee....I love this Harv.....especially your choice of colours. Everything just gels for me:clap: :clap:

Atrsy
04-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Really nice piece. I like what you did with the washes and just wonder why you didn't do the entire work in the watercolor look and nix the pen and ink.

OK, I realize that you are posting in pen and ink and that is probably your main medium, but you might want to try just watercolors for a switch.

Atrsy

els
04-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Terrific work...

DragonladyfromOz
04-29-2003, 09:18 PM
I keep coming back to look at this so I have to post a comment this time... I just really enjoy the boldness here. The strength of line, the colour and the simplicity of subject work really well together.
A really effective piece - great work.:D
Cheers
D'lady