PDA

View Full Version : My first post to the animal forum!

Nancy Anthony
04-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Ok I'm new to the Animal forum as I usually do portraits of people - but everyone seems so helpful here I think I might try animals again!

I'm posting a few of the animals I have done, and would appreciate any comments and/or suggestions on ways to improve my future pieces.

Thank you!

This first one was my first attempt at white pencil on black paper. [Yes I know the womans arm is weak :rolleyes: )

Nancy Anthony
04-26-2003, 09:58 AM
I apologize for the quality of the images, but these pics were taken just so that I'd have copies of what I had done, never thought about public display at that time).

This one was done right after 911

Canson Mi-Tientes Toned Paper
19" x 25"
Charcoal Pencil

Wingnut
04-26-2003, 10:33 AM
These are very nice :) glad you joined us. On the first one, I would suggest next time make the kitty a bit smaller, its kind of huge in relation to the woman (like he stuck his face in the camera). I really love the mood and expression in the second one. Also, you might use the uploader button when you post your work (instead of the attach button) so we can still see it as we reply to help you better. Hope you'll share more!

Jester7
04-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Okay.. don't know anything about drawing animals... but had to post a reply anyway :P Wonderful work... I really like the search dog... neat perspective and the eyes of the dog are very dog-like :)

Super work as always...

Cheers,
Jester

lorna12
04-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing with us!

These are wonderful, but the puppy one got my heart. It has such wonderfully done expression on it's sad little face, perfectly fitting with the subject and time.

I hope to see more animals from you, you are very good at them.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

crazeejumper
04-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Great job! Your charcoal work is wonderful! :clap:

She-She
04-26-2003, 10:04 PM
Nancy, these are wonderful!! I was kinda thinking the same thing as Wingy about the cat, but on the other hand he is supose to be big, isn't he. I have never stood beside one before, so I guess I shouldn't judge. I do like the concept of it tho. The second one is precious. The expression on the dogs face tells the story.
I do hope you have more animals to show us.

shedreamsbig
04-27-2003, 12:45 AM
Welcome!! first off!

I think that you have done great on both but the dog made me cry. He looks so sad and it is really fitting! His eyes seem to grab at the deepths of your soul!

I love your animals please share more!

Christina

Paul Hopkinson
04-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Lovely work Nancy! Is that you in the drawing?

Paul

Leslie Pz
04-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Wonderful work! I love the "Rescue" piece. The expression on the dog's face is so descriptive!