PDA

View Full Version : Technical pen sets on eBay

MonicaB
04-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Found a Rapidograph pen set on eBay for $9.00. I think i remember some people here interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2319090471&category=28109

There are also some cheap Micron sets.

Sigh. Don't know why I'm looking -- don't have time to use the pens I have now! :(

sassybird
04-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks for sharing that information, Monica. Those pens are expensive. I paid a lot for the set I have, and that was over 20 years ago.

DragonladyfromOz
04-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Great find Monica... if only...:(
Ohhh, what I wouldn't give to have a set like this! Unfortunately, I don't live in the USA and so the P&H would kill me. I'll have to wait until the exchange rate is a bit better too :D
You're right Sassy, just an individual pen here is over $18 AUS, let alone the separate nibs - ewwww scary. I have an idea how much the sets cost but there are too many numbers to type in for that :p
I hope someone here at WC gets them and tells ALLLLL about it.
Cheers
Manda

sweetie
06-09-2003, 10:18 AM
hi glad to see pen and ink art, I also use pen & ink,how ever I do a improvasational style,but I dont know how to put it up on th e computor, but I like your style.:) :clap:

artdude
06-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Nice find Monica :) I had a look at the item and it has been re-listed with a starting bid price of $40.00 US plus shipping costs. Still not a bad deal if you live in the US :D:)

PS: WELCOME to the P&I Forum Sweetie!! :D:)

Gutshot
06-09-2003, 12:30 PM
ok that was nice... I checked the link, ran a search for Rapidograph and got a set of 5 for $20.00.

MonicaB
06-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Great! Sweetie, welcome to WC and I'm glad you brought this back to the top of the list.

Posting an image is relatively straight-forward. There are instructions you can access at the top of the page. Look for Content Channels, then select New User Channel and click Go.

IndigoRed
06-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Saw this thread and had to reply :D , dont know if anyone has seen my posts about "price issues" about artists supplies but here is an estimate on Those Pens....which yes i would LOVE to have a set of, but the whole cleaning constantly thing gets me so im just gonna stick to my dip pens :p

KOH-I-NOOR
Rapidograph 7 pen set: $30 to $45
Electric Eraser: $30 to $45
Nexus 9 art marker set: $9 to $12
48 count pastel pencils: $30

This is just on ebay, im compiling a comparitive price lists for actual art suppliers on line as well....................if anyone is interested that is................ill post what i find............;)