PDA

View Full Version : The Hiding Place...

Caron
04-26-2003, 07:24 AM
Anyone that has a cat has caught them doing just this...:) It always makes me laugh as they think we cant see them. I do hope the cats in the wild are better at it then some of our domestic friends..:)

Acrylic on canvas 10x20

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2003/6331-whitehiding1.jpg

ironhorse
04-26-2003, 09:48 AM
That is SO sweet Caron!!
Love the odd eyes. I think this one could be big for you!
Twyla....I wanna new kitty!

Wingnut
04-26-2003, 10:42 AM
How funny! Yes, typical cat :D I love it!!!!!

My cousin has this tiny cat named Parker that sits up with her paws curled up and looks just like a squirrel!!! (I keep telling her I'm going to steal it!! :evil: ) She just had kittens though and one is a (healthy) tiny runt that is adorable! So they are keeping it for me so I can take it when we move. I'll try to get pictures of them all next weekend when we visit.

Arcanjo
04-26-2003, 02:24 PM
:) Very nice caught!

lorna12
04-26-2003, 03:44 PM
This is just excellent!:clap: :clap:

It is so typical of cats and you sure captured it perfectly. Made me chuckle!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paul Hopkinson
04-27-2003, 12:26 PM
This is so well painted and so cute! If you exhibit this one I'm sure it's bound to sell.

Your so clever!
Paul:clap:

inkskin
04-27-2003, 12:55 PM
Tis is terrific!
I haven't lived with cats in years, but this one made me laugh out loud. I remember those moments.
I had one cat who always liked to 'hide' behind a small potted plant. His rear end was always in full view,but his face was in the plant,so he must be invisible...*giggles*
Thanks for the chuckle:D

Heather

RachelG*
04-27-2003, 03:32 PM
OMG this is soo cute! i love the eyes!! is this from a photo referance? i'd love to see that, if you can post it.
Great painting!!!:clap: :clap:

Caron
04-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks everyone..:) I find that not very often do we do a painting that makes us smile throughout the process. This one did..:)
Paul, this one sold last week and did good Im happy to say. The new owner is very excited to be receiving it..:)
Rachel, I would show the reference if I could but it is a combination of a few and most of the cat is out of my imagination. It started out as a siamese and I decided first I wanted a white cat for this so the colour changed. Then I decided the odd eyes would be suiting as well and so on. If I ever do one from a reference image, I will be sure to include it for you...:)
Wingnut, cant wait to see your kitty images!!

Crystal Owl
04-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Beautifully done, congratulations on selling it!

Irene

crazeejumper
04-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Cute kitty! I LOVE the colors!!! :clap:

kayek
04-29-2003, 12:47 AM
what a sweetie..well maybe devil... just love it! He' just lookin for his next victum.
kaye

moo67
04-29-2003, 02:03 AM
Caron this is so soft and beautiful.Lovely colours and textures.
Moo:clap: :clap: :clap: