GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: not sure what to call it yet
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
did this tonight. not sure what to call it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I like this, a lot. I think it might need something off in the distance but I am not sure what yet. What do you think of it? Any ideas as to what to add in the distance?

Should add more brush work up front to show tall grain, grass, etc. Or should I just leave it.

Maybe I need some more greens in it? I like this because it so simple. This is what I have been looking for. I just need to "finish" it now.

I was thinking maybe a hint of a small building in the background, but then that might be too predictable?

I will try for a better photo tomorrow. Colors are off a bit in this one.

Helen Zapata
04-26-2003, 08:47 AM
Shawn! I'm sitting here with the biggest grin on my face!

Don't touch it! It's perfect and doesn't need a thing! I love it!

Colors are great, brushwork is loose and fascinating. Simplicity at it's very best.

Sign it, puff out your chest in pride, and go steal a cigar from Wayne. It's WONDERFUL!!

Helen

s-augustson
04-26-2003, 10:00 AM
Thank you Helen! I really like this one. It shows mood to me. Its one of only a couple I have done that I actually like.

I need to think of what to call it now.

Helen Zapata
04-26-2003, 10:51 AM
It's just the beginning Shawn. You're at the dawn of some truly excellent work.

Helen

s-augustson
04-26-2003, 11:16 AM
I hope so :)

This is a simple looking painting, but honestly it is what I have been searching for. It just has more expression, etc. than most of my work usally has. I just need to hone in on this area now and keep going.

champagneharley
04-26-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm proud of you. It's wonderful!
You are showing the promise I have seen in your work and style!
Go guy!
Regards,
Jillian

champagneharley
04-26-2003, 02:20 PM
How about 'Distant Meadow'.
Or...
'Distant Meadow on a windy day'?
Something simple to fit in with the simplicity of it, would be best if you can think of something dramatic.
'Windy Day'?
'Windy Landscape'
... don't you DARE change anything! *LOL*
I think Windy Landscape! Maybe????
Regards,
Jillian

bocote
04-26-2003, 03:25 PM
aye; dont change anything. this is one of your best works I have seen so far. I am very happy with the colors used (yellows in sky, red on hills, and yellow again in foreground).

I think all of your past works that I have seen were done in acrylic. Of course I am still new here, but how many oils have you done? I'm thinking your style is best painted with oil is why I am asking.

have fun,

Bocote

s-augustson
04-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Thanks Jillian! Windy Meadow it is, I liked the "meadow" and it fits in with my other oil "stormy skies"
Thanks for helping me with the eBay also.

Thank you Bocote! Yes all of my other stuff has been acrylics. I have only two other oil paintings. I bought these Van Gogh oils the other day and really like them so far.

giniaad
04-26-2003, 06:05 PM
I didn't take the time to read everyone...
just want to say...
love the simplicity
and the colors
wouldn't change anything...
would complicate and distroy
what has been done...

really nice work...to be proud of...

s-augustson
04-26-2003, 06:11 PM
Thank you giniaad!