PDA

View Full Version : Orange Sections

Fagan
04-25-2003, 12:36 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-25-2003/2383_orange_sections.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Orange Sections
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12in by 15in
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is an oil painting I did two years ago.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am thinking about trying oils again. I may have been allergic to something else. They (oil paints) are calling my name!

andyvry
04-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Think this a nicely observed study, Beverly.

Painting in oils myself as well as acrylics, I find that I spend a good spell away from the easel between sessions doing oils........well, long enough to get some fresh air I suppose.

It's not so much to do with smell or anything like that, it's more to do with having to move about. One thing I have found and that is going for a 10 minute walk - coming back to the easel I feel refreshed and can see exactly what needs doing etc.

A doc. friend of mine just says, "of course!" - like it's a natural phenomenon and I should know why? this is so.

btw......what about the water soluble oils? no turps.....which from what I understand leads people to get headaches and so forth.
just a thought.

andy.

JustjoGA
04-25-2003, 02:37 PM
My, Fagan, this orange just looks good enough to pick up and eat!!! Great painting...

Fagan
04-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Andy...I had not thought of doing that. hmmmmmmm...maybe it would work! I have a lot of oils I need to use up before I can invest in the other, but sounds interesting.

JustJoGa......thank you kindly *SMILE*

artinoils
04-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Beautifull...can smell the orange from here.