PDA

View Full Version : row boat

2003maryann
04-25-2003, 11:00 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-25-2003/20472_row_boat_2_copyzoom.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: row boat
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 200x400pixels
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I always wanted to do a monochromatic scene so I tried the row boat. Of course I used orange. I went thru a orange period and this is one of the three I did in orange series. I used acrylic only on this one.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
The light to the right, should I have brought more highlights of that light on the water?

SabZero
04-25-2003, 12:31 PM
(first of all, I am no expert, so all this is my personal opinion)

Great painting! I loke the colour scheme a lot. Things that strike me as slightly odd are the three palm trees exactly in the middle. Maybe the island should start to the left and slope down to the right...
The light coming through on the right should reflect on the water I think to connect the upper half of the painting to the lower half. There also is a light patch on the left which is kind of distracting (maybe it's all too symmetrical)...

Absolutely love the boat though! Good job.:clap:

Ivyleaf
04-25-2003, 06:12 PM
MaryAnne,
Pardon the interruption here on your thread, however I've tried to send you an email as well as a Private Message about artwork in our reference library, but I have a feeling that you haven't gotten them, so I don't have another way to contact you but thru here.

Artwork such as what you have posted here is perfect to share in one of our many forums.

However, it is not acceptable to be placed into the library.

The library is to be used for reference photographs that other members may use. For example, if you had a picture of this rowboat that you would like others to use, that would be excellent for the Reference Image Library.

Please take a moment and read the following informative article...it will help explain more in depth about the library.
Reference Image Library Article (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/2123/257)

If you have any further questions, please PM or email me.

Thanks!
Ivyleaf
WC! Reference Image Librarian

jerryW
04-26-2003, 05:02 PM
the boat area is very organic
the trees at top are dr.seuss like in the composition.
the boat evokes some imagined asian boat memory (I was never there).
it's connection to the water is excellent I feel the water pull at it, I feel it resist perfectly.

2003maryann
04-28-2003, 09:38 AM
actually I paid more attention to the row boat than i did to the island behind it. I was thinking of mayreau where there arae about nine palm trees on after the other on a spit of sand. I from the bay area can see across this spit of land to more more on the other side. It is very beautiful but I did not enhance this in this painting.
thank you for your input.