PDA

View Full Version : Red Flowers - WIP

mpopinz
04-25-2003, 08:10 AM
More fooling around with 140# cold press: Not sure where else to go to with this one. I could use some advice regarding the leaves. (Especially that big green blob in the bottom right, I've no idea what I was thinking at the time!)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2003/8215-Red_FlowersWC.jpg

Detail -

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2003/8215-RFDetailWC.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking

CharM
04-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Well... you've got a really good start at something that's going to be beautiful. Your red flower are progressing wonderfully! Actually, your leaves are good, as well... As to the green blob... hmmm... Do you have a ref photo? Would you consider doing a crop on this?

magnuscanis
04-25-2003, 09:46 AM
The flowers are looking good so far. Could probably do with a few nice dark colours in there. I'm imagining them to have quite dark middle bits (stamens? I'm no biologist), like poppies.

It might be difficult to get a background painted in without damaging what you've already painted. Probably best to aim for something simple, or even leave the background blank.

Cropping would certainly be one way to get rid of the "green blob on the right", but I don't think it's too bad in any case. Perhaps a bit more foliage, eg. stems to connect the parts together better, would be good?

andylavallee
04-25-2003, 11:51 AM
good attempt at this, could you lift part of the green blob and darken the other part so it looks like two leaves?maybe you need to put some darker colours on the petels more central to give depth:clap:

mpopinz
04-25-2003, 02:19 PM
More darks on the flowers?

I always have trouble with the detail in the middle, that's my next step.

I will try to lift some color from the green blob. I don't really want to crop that flower.

I'll work on it and re-post.

Thanks for all the comments & suggestions.

JanJones
04-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Looking good, keep going, it is going to be a nice one.

Sharon Douglas
04-25-2003, 05:18 PM
I`m looking forward to seeing more, it`ll look good in the end.
Sharon.