PDA

View Full Version : Last Rays

matingara
04-25-2003, 12:16 AM
This was an interesting process.

I did a painting 15x22" - just trying to get some colors to work.

I disliked the right hand side and liked the left hand side! So - the solution was to crop off the entire right hand side!

I had to do it quickly so I would not change my mind and start fiddling with the RHS again. Because if I did I am sure I would have muddied and ruined the LHS!

Now it is a 12x15" watercolor that I quite like. I will frame this and take it with me to the show next weekend!

:)

Joel.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2003/7971-lastrays.jpg

hopefulbucky
04-25-2003, 12:36 AM
Joel, that is really great. I very much like it and the fact that you just melted colors and came up with this wonderful painting.

Great job:clap:

Phillip
04-25-2003, 02:21 AM
I like how the background is softly blended. great colours as well.

Yorky
04-25-2003, 05:08 AM
Wonderful job, Joel.

Reminds me of my early morning drives to work in the winter.

Doug

M.A.
04-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Very moody and nice.

babybrush
04-25-2003, 09:26 AM
*sigh of contentment* i love this. the last strange isolated glow of the dying sunset powerless to hold against the advances of the night, swollowed in a relm of darkness.

at least, that's how it made me feel. wonderful job

Bethany

matingara
04-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Thaks guys for taking the time to look and comment!

And Bethany - thanks. Comments like that make painting more than worthwhile! We must be connected at some psychic level - cos that is how it makes me feel also!

:)

Joel.

CharM
04-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by babybrush
*sigh of contentment* i love this. the last strange isolated glow of the dying sunset powerless to hold against the advances of the night, swollowed in a relm of darkness.

at least, that's how it made me feel. wonderful job

Bethany

Wow Bethany... that is so well articulated... You should ask Joel to use this as his description of the painting!!!

Joel, you certainly made a good decision! This is a stunning piece of art!