PDA

View Full Version : *~*~ Daily Wash - Friday April 25th, 20033*~*~

mchew
04-24-2003, 11:43 PM
Hi washers

I know it's still "yesterday" for many of you but I'm starting the wash.

Woke up at 10.30am and It's now 11.35am and I've a 4pm appointment with the fashion designer who commissioned the mural painting. Hope everything turns out ok...

Hungry... going to kitchen to fix some breakfast.... or is it lunch?? LOL.... don't worry I'm not gonna post any picture of food today.... Adeline says I'm crazy to post yesterday's dinner. LOL

See ya

Christie
04-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Morning Marvin!

while you are eating whatever meal you have decided it is, I am getting ready for bed.

I have a busy day planned with painting, working and maybe actually doing some laundry. Oh yeah, and getting a start on cooking dinner for 15 people for Sunday.

My mum is doing well after her maybe stroke. It may be an inner ear problem, but a CAT scan should help sort that out. I guess we just wait and see now.

So, this is likely my only chance to post today

Have a good day everyone

Christie

artmom
04-25-2003, 12:06 AM
It's five after midnight here. I have a feeling I won't be getting to bed very soon, so I figured if I didn't post now, the Wash would be four pages long, at least, by the time I get back online!

Just want to say Good Morning to all. I hope your day begins and ends well and that the things that happen in between are better than what happened yesterday.

Happy Painting!

Lyn

andylavallee
04-25-2003, 02:16 AM
Good Morning Marvin,Christie, Lyn and those multi-tudes to follow.
Marvin Hope your meeting went well,

Christie- glad to hear Mum is feeling better, and it turns out the lesser evil

Lyn, of the night shift, just when do you sleep?.

Grey Morning here, Remember me clearing out the shed ,I found the back last night!!!. Now to remove it my Studio should be arriving soon. Today we are short staffed so I will undoubtedly be earning my keep, tonight out with friends to see a beachboys tribute band, next Tuesday, seeing Baron Knights, tremeloes, Ivy league at a local theatre, Like I say I always get the best !!!. Just I get it 30 years after everyone else:D . Cars, houses, sheds, sterio's sal la ve.

have a good day all

rks
04-25-2003, 03:42 AM
Morning all, though I'm night-owling it again. Went to a super local workshop yesterday and learned how to paint reflections on glass. Was elated about that, but right after class I somehow got dragged into some unpleasant politics in our local painters' group. What a downer! I just want to paint and have fun.

Have a happy painting day.

Roberta :cat:

Bill J
04-25-2003, 03:56 AM
It's 4:05 am and getting ready to take the boat out to an island for shelling at daybrake.(here on the gulf coast of Fl.) Here is a pic of us yesterday.

M.A.
04-25-2003, 05:58 AM
Marvin - I thought your dinner looked wonderful! We have an excellent Chinese restaurant here that makes superb Dim Sum!!! It's so fun to go with about 10 people and pig out!!! It's such an event!!!

Bill - nice pic!

Have a great day eveyone -- getting ready for work -- probably be more chatty after watercolour class tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great day! Happy watercolour!

PS - My new *tinyhead* is by Fookie! Thank you Fookie, you are so kewl!!!

Nitsa
04-25-2003, 06:01 AM
Morning everyone!

I got up at around 10am too but I didn't go to bed until 4am so I had good reason! LOL!
I can't imagine getting up at 4am to go shelling!
Just had a Sainsburys delivery full of food goodies and some wine...Mmmmmmm.
I'll be working on my rose painting today, while also trying to catch up with the housework and washing.....Yuk!

Have an inspiring day!

CharM
04-25-2003, 07:21 AM
Good Friday Morning to all... I typed this once already this morning, hit a wrong button and lost the whole thing....:( No frost this morning, which is very positive... I forgot to close all the windows last night and it waaas a tad chilly in the house this morning. Last night I finally finished the underpainting of the floral I'm working on... I can start laying in the colour tonight!!!

Good luck with your Client Interview, Marvin.
Good to hear that your mom is feeling some better, Christie.
Lyn, what a positive sentiment!!
Andy, I thought you already had your Studio on property! When is it supposed to arrive?
Roberta, would love to see your classwork!!!
Bill, nice pic...
Mary-Ann, you have a GREAT new tinyhead!
Nitsa...happy painting!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

painterbear
04-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Good Morning all,

Only 7:30 a.m. here in Ohio, still have the whole day ahead of me to enjoy.

Marvin,

Are you taking us all on a time tripówe are now in the year 20003 according to you! LOL! ;) Hope your appointment about the mural painting goes well today, will keep my fingers crossed for you. (Should be fun painting that way.)

Roberta, Don't you just hate it when people ruin a perfectly good day that way! If I am there to paint, that is what I want to do, not gossip about the neighbors or argue about politics or religion! There is a time and place for that, my painting group doesn't happen to be it, in my opinion.

Glad you were able to learn about painting reflections on glass though.

I'm trying to teach myself to paint ripples and reflections in water for the painting I'm working onóa Mandarin duck in water with some wave action causing a lot of different colors and shapes. IF I can get it to work, it should be really nice. But, that is a mighty big IF, in my case.

Nothing exciting on the agenda for today. Just puttering around the house. Hope you all have a great day or evening or even middle of the night since so many seem to check in at that time. Will check in again later.

mchew
04-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by painterbear
Good Morning all,

Marvin,

Are you taking us all on a time tripówe are now in the year 20003 according to you! LOL! ;) Hope your appointment about the mural painting goes well today, will keep my fingers crossed for you. (Should be fun painting that way.)

Sylvia, your proofreading eyes at work again...:) but I typed 20033.... so you're wrong too... LOL... anyone kind enough to correct it? Just wondering if the world would still exist 18,000 years later considering the damage already done in the past 100 years.

Anyway, I'm back from the appointment and it went well... basically he let me have the freedom to design and how I would like to paint it but there should be a window and it should be open and look out to something vibrant in colours since his shop is Mexican themed and inspired by Frida Kahlo... he suggested a garden but I can do as I like. I'll do a few sketches and let him choose.... I'll be playing with primary colours for sure...

jaytee
04-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Marvin. .... congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: youre on your way . That mural should still be around in 20033 so hope hes paying you well for it :D

Ive thrown another Chinatown in the bin washed three more under tap............... begining to think I should return to gouache for a while before I get tooooooooo dispirited. Or dyou think I should plough on with w/c regardless?

Not sure how Im trying to paint or what Im trying to acheive.... just know Im not managing anything remotely respectable............I keep reminding myself Ive done some not too bad stuff in the past and will perhaps do some again in the future...................

on the Lemonade side...........maybe, since its raining again today and promised for the next 2/3 days, the study will finally get sorted..........

Yesterday a knock on the door........ and an old friend from BBC days appeared unheralded at door........... lovely suprise :) Shes promised to come back and stay and maybe househunt down here !!

hope youre all managing more creativity than me ....... perhaps if I put my lucky horseshoe the correct way up THAT will work :D:D

Strawberry Wine
04-25-2003, 08:09 AM
Good Day to All:

The sun is trying to come out and it is just above 0 C. I think we will be able to get more yard work done this weekend as the sun is supposed to shine.

I have a date with hubby this afternoon for a photo shoot. LOL All the pics I have of me are eons old except for a couple Dan took over the winter of me painting with my PJ's on and my hair sticking up way beyond what is known as a "bad Hair Day" No way, anyone is going to have a peek at that one never mind paint it.

Marvin: Hope the mural interview went well.

Christie: Hope the news re: Your Mom is good news. I had a sudden onset of inner ear vertigo a few years back and it certainly felt like a stroke. One minute I was sitting at my desk in the office and the next I was on the floor, the room, spinning and my face they said was absolutely ashen.

Nice photo Bill , Post more.

I love all the photos that are posted here on the Wash, they are so much fun.

I have to grocery shop this morning, drop in to see my sister, with a birthday gift, get some goodies from the Pet Store, clean the canary cage, since Mom Canary has decided to build a nest after all, get some photos taken, upload and download photos, vacuum and do some gardening. Any chance of painting today??????

Somehow, I doubt it. :crying:

But You never know.

Everyone have a great day

Gail

Gisele
04-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Looked like Christmas here yesterday, some people got a few inches of snow! Today it will melt and I think we can focus on spring outdoor painting!
Today I'm going to the local art exhibit with a friend. Over 100 artists.:D

Gisele:)

Little Old Lady
04-25-2003, 08:20 AM
Good day. Everyone seems to be very busy!Still cool here. Wishing for the day when I don't have to have the heat on!
Everyone seems to be very busy, Interesting to hear about everyones plans.
Trying to get caught up on a lot of things this morning and an extra shift at the resale shop this afternoon.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

Uschi
04-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!
Absolutely beautiful day, cold yet but will warm up. Will paint first layer of background for Bethany's portrait then GARDENING!!!!! and no doubt some "over the fence" chats.
Have a wonderful day!!!!!
Uschi

babybrush
04-25-2003, 08:40 AM
just now getting up and getting to the boards.

Gail, we (my family) are supposed to have a photo shoot today too, but if the skies don't clear it may have to be postponed. we were all going to go to the beach in white and kaki and have family pics taken, plus my graduation pics. this needs to get done and i hope we don't have to cancel.

Yesterday was not a good day. didn't get to paint at all and didn't feel like i got anything else done either. it sucked (scuse me).

i hope today is better.

Bethany

lynn_cyr
04-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Well, again I'm late in the Wash, so I can't respond to everyone, but I wanted to say Good Morning (or evening?) to you guys, while I drink my coffee and check email :)

I haven't painted in about 2 weeks (??). I really can't wait to get started again! I've been very busy this past week trying to get my new website up and running, and it finally went live yesterday! YAY!! If anyone wants to take a look: http://www.lynnlovesart.com . I also got my first order for notecards!! I'm so happy!! :) :)

There's a new hotel here in town that is now putting the works of local artists on display in their gallery. Last nigth was the first opening reception, and it was so great to mingle with all the great talents out here. I also chatted with one artist, who happens to be a member of the American Watercolor Society! He was very nice and humble, and was a pleasure to chat with. The hotel accepts work from just about anyone who wants to display stuff, nothing formal like a juried competition or anything. They rotate artists on a quarterly basis. It's such a great idea! And this weekend is our art association's Spring Art Show, so that should be fun! :)

Today is another busy day for me... and there's so much new work to look at here!!

Have a great day, all! :)

Lynn

ScarletLake
04-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Happy Friday all

Ok I'll try again for the 3rd time.

Today is my son Justin's 18th birthday. He will graduate from high school in May. He also will have is private pilots liscence by then. He will be going to Ohio University in the fall to major in Aviation & then to the Air Force for a career.

Here is a pic from last year's prom.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2003/17672-scan0009.jpg

I'm off to get a balloon bouquet that I will have attached a set of tickets for our 100th year of Flight celebration/airshow here in Dayton in July.

I'm over my tears of joy & saddness that the time has passed so quickly. I know you all will understand.

I have to get going but will repond to posts later today.

Hope everyone has a good day

Anita

painterbear
04-25-2003, 09:15 AM
Hi all,

Marvin, You caught me! LOL! Just goes to show even proofreaders are fallible when they aren't paying strict attention to what they are doing!:rolleyes:

Glad the interview for the mural went well. Sounds like you will have a great time with this one. We are looking forward to watching over your shoulder as you work on it and seeing a photo of the wall in the shop when it is done! Will be a terrific addition to your portfolio too.

Good news for a rainy day! Thought we were just going to hang around the house staying dry when the rains start, but my husband came up with a better idea. There is a special exhibit called China's Silk Road at The Dayton Art Institute featuring Chinese art as well as art brought into China from countries along the Silk Road such as Rome, Greece, and India. I've been looking forward to seeing it and today I will!

Will let you know how it was tomorrow. See you.

Sylvielu
04-25-2003, 09:43 AM
Good morning! It's 6:41am here on the pacific northwest coast. It rained all day yesterday and it was very cool. So far it looks dry this morning.

My husband made it to Redding California yesterday evening. He just called and is starting the last leg of the journey. Hopefully he will reach the LA area tonight.

I am anxiously awaiting some pictures.

Meanwhile yesterday I pulled my acrylics out and did a flower. It's a very tiny flower that took a converter, telelense and macro filter to photograph. Here it is on 16 x 20 canvas board. It looks square but it gave me something to do.

artmom
04-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Hello, again, all--I'm up again:D Went to bed about 3:30 am, up at 9 am. Came straight to WetCanvas, and it's absolutely amazing what can happen in less than six hours on this forum!

Lyn, of the night shift, just when do you sleep?
Andy, as I am retired, pretty much when I please.:D Seriously, I don't sleep well these days--so I either go to bed early, before 10 pm, and get up around 3:30 or 4:00am; or don't get to bed until 3 or 4 am and sleep 'til about 9 am. And my favorite time for my nap is around 3:30 to 4:30 pm, with a cuppa' after! My most creative time is beginning around 9:00 pm, I find. (This is a lot more than you really wanted to know LOL)

Lyn, what a positive sentiment!
CharM, when I wrote that in my earlier post after midnight, I really meant it--and after sleeping LOL I still dol!

Sylvielu, hope the rest of hubby's trip goes well. You sound like you have a very positive attitude about the change--I know it's hard, but it is a new adventure, isn't it?:)

Happy Painting, all:D

Lyn

jaytee
04-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Well its only taken 3 months , 5 false starts and numerous scrubbings out and two whole days after the deadline, but Ive finally got a version of Chinatown on paper..............but nothing like i meant it to be.

Wont post in project as its too late, till after set up judging...........

If you can face it its here
Chinatown- but not as I meant it :) (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103574)

NOw , wheres that list for Rod ?????????.....................

artmom
04-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Me, again!:o

Forgot to say, thanks for posting the pics, folks!

Lyn

Christie
04-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Still raining here. We really need the moisture, so no one is complaining.

I am leaving for work shortly, but I managed to get another mini halfway done. I may also have wrecked it. i will have to see what it looks like when I am done. :D

I dropped 12 minis off for matting and possible sale yesterday. At $20 a piece, I could cover a lot of art supplies...