PDA

View Full Version : Fookie dreams...

noreenemc
04-24-2003, 10:02 PM
While I'm not keen on joining the portrait exchange project, I lurked for a time there and decided to paint Fookie as my first ever person portrait. Those eyes inspired me.

It's not very good. I need to find a watercolor portrait book to study. Anyway here it is:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2003/20414-Fookie_Dreams.jpg

Ref photo:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2003/20414-fookie.jpg

Comments, suggestions welcome

artmom
04-24-2003, 10:07 PM
You got her eyes, spot on! Face could be a little broader, but I'd recognize her anywhere:)

Lyn

M.A.
04-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Yes, she does have beautiful eyes! You've done a nice job on this portrait. I like the way you have her looking off into the clouds in the sky, dreamy and fitting.

:)If you change your mind about the portrait exchange don't hesitate to jump in with us ... the water's fine ... and you'd be more than welcome.

babybrush
04-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Please join the portrait project, there is no obligation to do anythign but paint whatever person you want from the references. it's just a fun organized way to all paint portraits together.

This is fabulous. You might want to think about giving her an ear since you extended the painting further than the reference. she looks a bit odd without an ear

Bethany

Christie
04-24-2003, 10:28 PM
This is lovely! i have never had the courage to paint a portrait, but may get there in a while... :D

Fookie, you have a beautiful face. It shows a life being lived and THAT is what I like to see and draw. :)

noreenemc
04-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Thanks everyone.

Bethany, EARS! yikes! How about I just crop it like this?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2003/20414-Fookie_cropped.jpg

lyn lynch
04-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Well Noreen! I'm honored that you chose me! You did a GREAT job, I recognize myself better in your work than I do in my own self-p's. Excellent. Only thing I see is the mouth on the far [left] side needs adjustment. GOOD JOB. Had I known that picture would have been put on the boards in general, I would have used a bit of lotion...Join up!!! You do GREAT

Well put, Christie, except that you and I both posted about how we to paint wrinkles. LOL. How about joining the portrait exchange? We have more "lived" in faces. LOL, you're great.

Christie
04-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by fookie
Well put, Christie, except that you and I both posted about how we to paint wrinkles. LOL. How about joining the portrait exchange? We have more "lived" in faces. LOL, you're great.

Hmmm, Fookie, I liked lived in faces, put I cannot paint them yet. :D I may look into joining the project though. It would be good practice to start working on faces again.

lyn lynch
04-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Christie, Oh! Maybe that wasn't you in the Cafe thread. Gosh, 1st time today I have made a mistake. :D Yes!! Join!!

Noreen you did the cheekbones great, good shadows. Do more!!!! Eyes too, eyes very strange color, almost yellow, exact color of my Beautiful Kitty [may she rest in peace].

Christie
04-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by fookie
Christie, Oh! Maybe that wasn't you in the Cafe thread. Gosh, 1st time today I have made a mistake. :D Yes!! Join!!

Nope, it was me Fookie. I commented that the faces in the survey were all too young. :)

Okay, I'll join, but I have no idea what base colours to use to get a skin tone... Help!

dspinks
04-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Noreen,

I love the crop - I think it really focuses in on Fookie's ever-curious, searching personality.

Debra

Little Old Lady
04-25-2003, 08:50 PM
You have done a great job on catching the spirit of our dear Fookie.
Good dramatic crop!
JoAnn

lyn lynch
04-25-2003, 09:27 PM
I like the full portrait, but the crop does eliminate the jowls. LOL. that I like!!
Thanks, Noreen for doing this, I'm chuffed. Do join up, if there is your first by the 4th or 5th you will be selling them on the street. Still wish I had put on some lotion...

noreenemc
04-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Lotion. Pshaw!

I like the cropped version for this one. Then I don't have to stress about the mouth and the ears.

I'm out of town at my mother's place in So. California for 2 weeks. Have to put up with her slllooooww modem connect. Will think about joining the project after I return. That's if someone can take a decent pic of me by then. :rolleyes:

I'll post when I can. Til then!

Gia
04-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Wonderful eyes..really good work...pls come join in the exchange fun.