PDA

View Full Version : Black Bowl with Pink Tree Flowers

coulter
04-24-2003, 07:57 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-24-2003/6690_black_bowl_with_pink_tree_flowers_b.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Black Bowl with Pink Tree Flowers
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I needed a break from landscapes so I ended up with..... a different kind of landscape....

mattlart
04-24-2003, 08:39 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

This is such an incredible,...old world masterpiece,....that I am (almost) speechless, Mark.
You've outdone yourself,..(and the majority of other still-life painters)!!!!!
The chiarascurro effect is amazing!
PERFECT.
Congratulate yourself, my friend. What a peach!Well,...cherry..:D :clap: :clap: :clap:
A toast to you...CHEERS!-Scott

woodguy
04-24-2003, 08:40 PM
WOW, Mark! Sure would like to see more Still Life's. Great light! Jim

coulter
04-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks Scott!! Thanks Jim!! A toast back at you both! Cheers:evil: :D :p :D :eek:

Mark

artbabe21
04-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Mark....woohoo, this IS a beauty...good for you, pop the corks!!

Wayne Gaudon
04-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Agree .. this is a stretch for you .. still into Kelley coloring ?
I think that book was a good stretch for me .. and of course Scott's prodding to slow down and add a little detail here and there. :D .. did pass my mind when I went tworked on The Passing.

Back to you .. this is awesome!

Sanne
04-24-2003, 09:41 PM
i agree its great, i love the feel for the peice and the colours :) good job

s-augustson
04-24-2003, 10:43 PM
I agree Mark!!! This is a real beauty. Even your signature is great. The wood of the table and the lighting look so real.

jerryW
04-24-2003, 11:15 PM
nice connections here
inspired by gavinart's SP?
good one!

artinoils
04-25-2003, 03:03 AM
and what a break...wow! Great work!

From the title I expected a pink tree in a landscape...what kind of "tree" is it?

coulter
04-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks Cath!

Thanks Wayne, actually I was going more for a Leffel or Kreutz kind of thing, I always wanted to try this kind of painting. I don't if it's a style I will work in or not...

Sanne, thank you!

Thanks Shawn!

Jerry, that's an interesting thought. I have looked more than a couple of times at Gavin's latest self portrait but don't know how I feel about it. (other than it's a good work)

Originally posted by artinoils
From the title I expected a pink tree in a landscape... LOL!!
Thanks Susan! It's actually a shrub and I've done a little looking but can't find out what it's called. It goes from the neighbor's yard through the fence into ours, but it's obviously been there quite a while. ?

Mark

artinoils
04-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Mark, it looks like maybe a quince to me...ask the neighbor. Maybe "Quince with iron pot" or "Quince Jelly" but "Pink tree..." just doesn't do it justice.;)

Thought of Leffel immediately.

coulter
04-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by artinoils
Mark, it looks like maybe a quince to me...ask the neighbor. Maybe "Quince with iron pot" or "Quince Jelly" but "Pink tree..." just doesn't do it justice.;)

LOL! Maybe "Spring's Blush" :D The house next door is a rental(third person in 3 years!)

I don't know what a Quince is (that seems sad somehow) but this shrub puts forth some large purple-black berries in the fall (the birds like to eat them and then paint abstract paintings on the sidewalk)
I just need to find the time to puruse the library plant book section.... Oh and it's a japanese bowl, dull black ceramic.

Thanks Susan!!!

Mark

somerset
04-25-2003, 08:04 PM
terrific!

Paintonbrush
04-28-2003, 11:42 AM
jumping in on the cheering crowd here. marvelous work, keep doing these. :clap: