lyn lynch
04-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Al22
9 x 12 on 300# Arches
Wet into wet

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2003/16729-Oh-what-a-night.jpg

tigre255
04-24-2003, 06:52 PM
OMG that is so cool.......where did you get the ref photo for that one......I love it.......

babybrush
04-24-2003, 06:56 PM
oh!! this is great fooks. i love it.

Bethany

artmom
04-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Fookie, you just get better & better! I love the way you have the eyes closed--you can tell he is really enjoying that stogie!:D

Lyn

CharM
04-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Fookie, you're simply amazing! This makes me smile every time I look at it!!! Thanks for the bright spot this afternoon!!

M.A.
04-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Holy Big Smokes, Fookie! This has such style and pizazz, baby!!! It's also the first puffy, happy image of al22 I've yet to see and I really like it. Brings out a nice side of him. I especially like the way you handled the texture in his shirt and vest and the way you've captured his happiness with the cigar.
:clap:

lyn lynch
04-24-2003, 07:33 PM
*just sneaking in as Shim dying for doggie park*

Hope I don't get in trouble for this: Ahem...cigar not source of glee, see caption on .jpg...fookie most refined maiden lady

artmom
04-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Fookie, Why are we whispering? I don't understand your note.

The other Lyn

white-anubis
04-24-2003, 08:18 PM
LOL! What a great expression! I love it!<P></P>BTW, I didn't know you could whisper on a message board. *giggle*

Little Old Lady
04-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Another good one. Love the expression!
JoAnn

babybrush
04-24-2003, 08:52 PM
refined lady, whatever!!! and here i thought you were so conservative!

Bethany;)

Uschi
04-24-2003, 09:28 PM
I signed back in purely to see if your painting was up yet. And YES, here it is in all it's glory.

I kept clicking on it (HA! and dah?) trying to enlarge it so i could see every minutest detail of it. Trying to figure out how you did it.

Absolutely fantastic fookie. I hop you are putting this in some high class show. Apart from the actual skillfull painting, it has such a wonderful feel about it.
Uschi

M.A.
04-24-2003, 09:39 PM
I think we are whispering because we're talking about tobacco products...

If we were talking about condoms that would be something else all together...

(sorry, Fookie, didn't mean to offend your maiden ears.)

JanJones
04-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Just love how you did this. The colors are wonderful.

Nitsa
04-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Oh what a stunning technique, the colours are beautiful and the pose has real character....SUCH a great piece!

al22
04-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Fooks........this is great............. al no dummy...........right click on image and see what sweet lady named this one........LMAO.......
The whole thing is just great..........don't even know where to start..........
From the pants, shirt, face, hat...........all incredible...........
..................al

Jprice022
04-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Super painting. I'm sure Al would admit that it is all a matter of which subject you pick. LOL

Luv all the colors.

artmom
04-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Al, for the hint on how to find out why Fookie and I were whispering! ROFLOL

Funtocook: It's definitely NOT tobacco we're talking about! (Snickering)

Lyn

M.A.
04-24-2003, 10:21 PM
OOOOhhhhhh ... I get it now *blushing*

Mary Smith
04-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Great portrait, and great title. Fookie, you are a constant surprise, lol!

lyn lynch
04-25-2003, 12:10 AM
LOL, I hope all enjoy this little work. I had so much fun working it I had to force myself to quit. It's actually a study for a full sheet I have in mind; I'll be making other characters for the sheet, too. Maybe another Darryl or two, we'll see. It isn't Al, but I guess I was thinking of him because as the painting progressed I saw that it WAS Al, and not the guy I was painting. Too cool! Does anyone else think it looks like AL? Did you, Big Dog? Did you enjoy my subtle in naming my image, and you guys thought Hungarian meant just pear-shaped!! I didn't know the image name wouldn't appear though, so the joke ended up on me. LOL

MaryAnn, this was the 60s, we were all happy. If I can get my scanner working I'll show you me!
Jen, on the reply screen, click "Size"; you can even SCREAM w/o using caps.
Bethany, 'um...well, actually I am, but w/a weird sense of humor.
Uschi, I post this larger image for you. I loaded PElements and don't know what I am doing so I may have blown it out; it's not detailed as I usual do because the eyes are so expressive.
Hey! Jprice, nice to see you! We are planning to-do get together next winter; I will have a few snowbirds visiting me and you are invited. Speaking of, why the sam hill is Chookie? Have not seen Chookie 4-ever!

OK, thank you every one for commenting on this Big Dog; I am so happy you chuffed about him. He was fun. Just realized I forgot to put my normal CRITIQUE request on this one--first ever--feeling more confident and trusting that everyone knows critique welcome and will comply. Feels good, thanks community.

It doesn't work--blown out but here it is anyway:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2003/16729-It-was-it-really-was.jpg

Jprice022
04-25-2003, 02:20 AM
Fookie-

Please let me know about the get together. I'd be glad to attend.

Don't care if it is Al or not, still like the painting.

Phillip
04-25-2003, 02:24 AM
Love this, great colors & theme.

rks
04-25-2003, 03:19 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Auntie, all done in wet-in-wet - great technique! And to have fun painting is what it is supposed to be all about. Good for you.

Roberta

jti
04-25-2003, 03:55 AM
fookie, this is very nice indeed. I would like a bit of the white behind the left shoulder darkened... as it is it looks square to me. But wow, very nice. jti

Bill J
04-25-2003, 04:11 AM
I know this guy he used to sell used cars driven by little old ladys only on Sundays (the cars were all yellow like nyc cabs).
Great picture it brings memories to everyone

bill

Yorky
04-25-2003, 05:27 AM
Another wonderful portrait, Fookie.

You get sooo much character into your paintings!

LOL about the secret title (I can see you blushing now:D).

Doug

painterbear
04-25-2003, 07:35 AM
Oh, Fookie, I can hear Frankie Vallee singing in the background as I type this.

What a fabulous painting. Everything about it works. I love the colors in his shirt and background, the face is so-o-o-o expressive with his eyes closed and that fat stogie in his paw! Is he wearing a tuxedo shirt? Love it.

Could have been Al, who knows? Only he does, and he isn't talking, but I bet he's smiling as he looks at this.

You are getting better and better all the time. Have fun at the park with Shimmie.

jaytee
04-25-2003, 07:54 AM
Maiden , maybe............... refined ? Jury's out on that one Fooks ............. Hungarian Auntie with massive hips sifting through Shimmi droppings ? Not the image of refined I have :D :D

Where, Oh Where, Oh Where is that little envy smilie.................. I'm green with envy at your talent but with HUGE :D :D :D all over my face................. AND you enjoy it ;) :clap:

Crystal Owl
04-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Great job on Al Fookie, this is really something :)

IRene

Merlot
04-25-2003, 10:54 AM
Well, its all been said! Definitely do the big one with more folks -- that will be amazing too I'm sure! Waiting to see the Big One:evil: LOL.

jkook
04-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Fookie, this has to be my favorite of all the ones I've seen of yours !! I look forward to seeing the series ?!! Great character and great painting.
Jim

Carrie
04-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Very Good, Very good...Infact great.
Carrie

Sharon Douglas
04-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Fookie, I love this it`s so full of lfe and character.
I love the style in which you do your portraits.
Sharon.

lyn lynch
04-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Thank you everyone for wonderful comments and enjoyment of Big Dog.

I think I enjoyed painting this one more than any before it in large part because as I envolved the face it looked more and more like Al.

The second part of the large enjoyment is that I feel I have learned so much for those of you in this community. Your subject matter is different than that of mine, but you see how we learn from each other and translate it to our own references.

I recall the first 'portrait' I did of Pampe and how truly bad it really was. I remember saying that 'a portrait is not a pine tree' in terms of painting. But, IT IS! Pamps, in fact, told me that it was.

[email protected], Sylvia, I willing to bet Al don't know if this is him. It could in fact be me; the 60s were such a blurr. Sylvia, please email me--not pm--email.

No, MA, I haven't dealt w/that scanner and likely won't.

Merlot, I waiting to see that too. *blush*

sweetbabydill
04-25-2003, 06:02 PM
clap: clap: clap: clap:
fookie,
I just love your style with portraits. I did indeed right click on this to see what you called it. You are quite a character. You definitely give me a chuckle.
Carolyn :