PDA

View Full Version : Lady Madonna

Fagan
04-24-2003, 04:42 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-24-2003/2383_lady_madonna.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Lady Madonna
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16in by 20in
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
acrylic on prepared masonite board

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
This is a WIP...I will be putting some finishing touches to this...but would like some critiquing before I do. All comments are welcomed!

andyvry
04-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Hi Beverly,

Umm.....very striking imagery and the coloring looks well to me. The 'split' background ?.....I'm wondering if the bottom right hand corner, sort of needs lightening then graduating to dark as is, to complement (?) the pale blue of the shadow under her arm - if that makes any sense.

And er......is one breast bigger than the other ? :o looks a little like that to me......unless it's my eyes.....:p Oh, and also, are you going to define more, some of the shadows to accentuate her form, or do you think it's accentuated enuff...:D

andy.

Fagan
04-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Thanks for commenting Andy! I will be doing some "treatment" to the background...just not sure how I want to go...whacky or more realistic. I am on the fence right now. YES! her breasts are not symmetrical...but that is true to life. Since her arm is up...her breast will also lift somewhat and the other will still hang around like it should. I am debating on whether to darken the hair. I like your idea of the blue coming up on the background.

Is this TOO much "in your face"?

andyvry
04-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Fagan
YES! her breasts are not symmetrical...but that is true to life. Since her arm is up...her breast will also lift somewhat and the other will still hang around like it should. I am debating on whether to darken the hair. I like your idea of the blue coming up on the background.

Is this TOO much "in your face"?

First of all......about the breasts........never thought of that. I wuz just lookin at em..........:p not thinking about them. :D

And no, It is not at all too much in your face, as you put it. In fact I think it's quite evocative.........about motherhood, I mean. Sort of touching. After all, it's about where 'life' starts aint it?

andy.

artbabe21
04-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by andyvry
I think it's quite evocative.........about motherhood, I mean. Sort of touching. After all, it's about where 'life' starts aint it?

very cool comment, andy!

boyo boy.....I DO still remember this, especially with twins, no less....like I could forget my body that out of whack...:rolleyes:

this is interesting...anxious to see where you go with it...the split sorts bothers me...but the woman is nice...:)