PDA

View Full Version : My new website!!

lynn_cyr
04-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Hi all,

I've been away from the boards for a few days, as I was busy getting my new site up and running. I thought some of you might want to sneak a peek:

http://www.lynnlovesart.com

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but you guys are all the reason that I'm even doing this, so I wanted to share it with you all! :)

Thanks!
Lynn

karenjh
04-24-2003, 02:20 PM
Great website. Has a professional look to it. Did you do it yourself?

daveshattuck
04-24-2003, 02:21 PM
hi lynn

a very nice site--easy to get around. i am coming your way on vacation this summer. never been there but can't wait

dave

Gilberte
04-24-2003, 02:29 PM
congratulations on your website ! ... and your work of course !

lynn_cyr
04-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Thanks! :)

Karen: Thanks, and yes, I did design and develop it myself.

Dave: Thanks for your comments! And very cool that you'll be around my area - where exactly are you staying?

Gilberte: Thank for looking and commenting! :)

Lynn

al22
04-24-2003, 03:24 PM
Nice.......... site loaded fast and easily navigated..........well done..........al

cinnamon girl
04-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Congratulations! Really like the color of the background you chose. It sets off your work well!

Bill J
04-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Lynn --great site. I'm a web designer with my own domain. I can see you have had the books out studying Cascade style sheets and javascript, I'll show it to some of my students who thing html 3.2 is obsolete. The art looks great with the dark backrounds,
bill

CharM
04-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Lynn, your website is easy to navigate, filled with interesting pages, thoughts, beautiful artwork and great links! Congratulations on a fine accomplishment.... And I can truthfully say that I saw those paintings here first!!!!!!:clap:

Nitsa
04-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Lyn congratulations on a great site!

I absolutely LOVE your third painting on the first gallery of a steeple?

lynn_cyr
04-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Thank you all so much for the nice comments! :)

Al: Thanks for looking, I'm glad it loaded up fast for you!

Jessica: One of my peers suggested a white background, but I really felt that the dark gray was much better - thanks for backing it up! :)

Bill: I'm also a professional Web Designer (been doing it for about 7 years). My professional site is http://www.lynncyr.com. Thanks for looking!

Char: What nice words! Thank you so much! :) You guys are ALWAYS the first to see my paintings (well, except for my hubby!)

Anita: Thanks! Not sure what it's called exactly, but it's on top of a local building here in town. Of course, it was stark white, so I made up the colors ;)

Thank you all so much!! :) :)

Lynn

l_wheat
04-25-2003, 05:33 AM
Good stuff, nicely done.

Uschi
04-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Excellent Lynn!!! Looks very professional!!!
Uschi

Crystal Owl
04-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Nice job on your website Lynn, I notice everyone is offering prints of their work do you do that yourself?

Irene

lynn_cyr
04-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks Wheat and Uschi!

Irene, yes I do them myself. I just purchased a new printer with lightfast/waterproof inks, so I will be doing small prints of my paintings. Nothing to make a fortune out of, but every little bit helps to pay for my art supplies! ;)

I just got my first order for notecards last night, so I'm very excited!!! :)

Thanks for looking, guys!
Lynn

CharM
04-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Lyn, I do photo restoration as a hobby... Never looking to make a business of it, but I've always cautioned people about the ink i use... What printer did you purchase?

Congrats on your first order!!!!

lynn_cyr
04-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Char,

I got the Epson C82. I wanted to get the Epson 2200, but for the price, I had to start on the lower end. I've read lots of reviews here on WC! on both these printers, and the concensus was that the C82 was very good for what I needed it for. I'll probably upgrade eventually, depending on the demand I get.

Lynn