PDA

View Full Version : Pack of hounds : Questions/ answers

Patrick Marion
04-24-2003, 07:16 AM
I just wanted to thank Cyrille Jubert for the great watercolor
demo posted in the Watercolor Art Channel.

Really a good story teller Cyrille. I love the part about the
beard framing the face and the women at the hairdresser.

Thank you for sharing an excellent WIP.

Another Beautiful painting.

els
04-24-2003, 08:01 AM
Thank you Cyrille, it is a great article...

KansasLady
04-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Thank you, Patrick, for bringing Cyrille's article up in a thread. It would have been some time before I read it otherwise. It's a wonderful and inspiring article/demonstration.

Cyrille, this kind of writing (story and demonstration combination) would make a great book! Northlight, are you listening?

Margie L
04-24-2003, 09:53 AM
I saw the article this morning when I logged on. Cyrill, you have done a great job describing your work style. I am particularly interested in the back ground that you used for the dogs. Would love to see this one in person.
Your frame is really the finishing touch. It really does look like it has been hanging in a mansion for years. Very rich and lush.
Margie

cyrillejubert
04-24-2003, 10:50 AM
First I wanted to thank sassybird who had a hard time trying to rub out my french accent ... so if reading this article you thought I had a texan accent, dont blame me :D

I tryed to correct her corrections :D but at the end men have never the last word, is not it ? :D

Not too much humour either in this article ...: "you have to be real professional" :cool: so I did not write in my Bio I was leaving on the North pole with Santa Klaus, Saint Nicolas of "le père Noël" ...
I am just living in a Holy cloud :D

try to find it on the map :D

Well I hope you enjoyed it

artmom
04-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Thank you so much for the wonderfully clear demonstration. The rendering of the dogs is amazing. The golden tones of the painting certainly do meet your godfather's expectations. I also like the very classical style of mat and framing.

I'm glad sassybird didn't succeed in removing all the French accent from your article! I feel as if I have met you in person--it's an honor. Merci!

Lyn

Leslie Pz
04-24-2003, 11:29 AM
WONDERFUL! Your article was excellent and so is your piece; love the decorative work on the mat!

Thrilling to see the photo, the wip and your thoughts! Thank you for sharing.

-Les

Margie L
04-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Yep--great article.

artmom
04-24-2003, 11:41 AM
Cyrille has a thread on this--you might want to post there.

Lyn

Pack of hounds : Questions/...

is the name of the thread:)

artmom
04-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Cyrille has posted this thread--you might want to post there!

Pack of hounds : Questions/...

Lyn

echidna
04-24-2003, 11:48 AM
Cyrille, this is stunning! did you have prints made???:p
~Echidna

cyrillejubert
04-24-2003, 01:30 PM
My godfather. Jean Feray
He is, himself, a subject for a whole book. He and his brother stayed bachelor. They were invited in the best society for their education, their culture and their humour. When the Queen Elisabeth went to Paris, the french government ask my godfather to be his mentor.
A few years ago, he dictated a book to his secretary, without consulting any note, I am not sure but I think this book has 1800 pages. Even if there are a lot of photos ! The title is " architecture and interior decoration during the XVIII century". This book is now THE bible on this subject in whole Europe.

He is one of my :angel: guardian angels. A very present one.
I wrote a thread on him and the whole story is in the replies.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90690

He gave me great advices !

bswilson1147
04-24-2003, 01:32 PM
I love your demonstration! Thank you SO much for sharing it with us. I have been painting stuffed animals and how after seeing your demonstration, I would like to try some real dogs.:clap: :clap:

cyrillejubert
04-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by bswilson1147
I love your demonstration! Thank you SO much for sharing it with us. I have been painting stuffed animals and how after seeing your demonstration, I would like to try some real dogs.:clap: :clap:
For me most of the stuffed animals are all wrong.
To stuff well an animal you have to know very well their real attitudes and to be a real artist to create the right form. That is not so usual.
You should try to paint with photos... often it is not enough. You have to know this animal more that the poor informations of the picture.
That is why I dont paint cat.. I dont know them (I am scared ;) )

bswilson1147
04-24-2003, 03:06 PM
I haven't been painting dead animals!!!! I've been painting toy animals like Gund bears.:D

Gilberte
04-24-2003, 03:33 PM
I've just been reading and admiring your step-by-step demo ... It really is hard to believe that you've only been painting for 6 years... E X T R A O R D I N A I R E ... and congratulations again !

cyrillejubert
04-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Gilberte
I've just been reading and admiring your step-by-step demo ... It really is hard to believe that you've only been painting for 6 years... E X T R A O R D I N A I R E ... and congratulations again !

"Aux âmes bien nées, la valeur n'attend pas le nombre des années"
Corneille
Did I tell you my mother entered the "Beaux Arts" with the first price in drawing. I never painted but it was in my blood. I never saw her painting nor drawing, but she taught me how to look at things. It is the essential.

cyrillejubert
04-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by bswilson1147
I haven't been painting dead animals!!!! I've been painting toy animals like Gund bears.:D

Yes I remind your delicious teddy bears. I loved them.
(do you know why "Teddy" bear ? Theodore Roosevelt went once in a national park and he played with a very young bear. The photographs did good snapshots and the Press loved that and spoke of Teddy bear. Fun )

Gia
04-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Thank you very much for this great article!!