GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Spectacle
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Other
Dimension: 22x28
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The anal part of me wants to darken the right shoulder of the center figure & reshape his head; another side of me says this needs more 'jump' and the tired part of me says leave it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Your advice?

jerryW
04-24-2003, 11:27 PM
this one has a nice softness and a strong shape commitment
still lots is left to the imagination like a smooth somerset

djstar
04-25-2003, 01:42 AM
your surface is other.
your medium is pastel but it looks digital to me. Not judging good or bad, but as a pastel it is VERY interesting. The words you use such a shoulder and head turned my perception around to give it a story.
As shapes and space it stopped me. I was interested and very curious. My response to the image without the words was to an abstract... I don't DO abstract so it was very powerful to make me click back and spend the time.
I would love to hear more about your technique and what this other surface is.
The technique is making my brain squeek. It leaves me asking too many questions.... no not too many, but I hope, as you are there and I have the privilege of asking the author.... what IS the story??
dj*

somerset
04-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Jerry, you guessed it. Thanks and yes, that really is my story. I want to engage the viewer, but without telling him everything.

Both; It is digital, but I felt it necessary to indulge in a little misdirection to help preserve anonymous status as I am probably the primary digital participant in this particular forum.

DJ, your remarks are definitely food for thought. Without my text, your perception would have been very different; so perhaps I am making the viewer work TOO HARD?