PDA

View Full Version : sea on the beach

rapolina
04-24-2003, 09:05 AM
This is the largest painting I ever did, 50x70 cm, Fabriano rough 140lb, w&n artists'.
i think it is finished, but i need your comments before framing it (and is it worth?):o
Turquoise waves are not so good after scanning:(

ciao, rapolina.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2003/744-mare&sabbia0001.JPG

artmom
04-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Rapolina, I like the colors and the composition, and I like the curves. The only art teacher I ever had (oils) always said, "A curved line for beauty; a straight line for duty."

This is beautiful--frame it!

Lyn

P.S. Could you upload this, so we can see and comment at the same time, please?

white-anubis
04-24-2003, 10:45 AM
So swirly! It's a keeper!

rapolina
04-28-2003, 06:54 AM
:) :) :) :) thank you artmom and walerian for your comments!

Is there any other who wants to help me with tis painting? really don't know if frame it or not.

ciao, rapolina.
:confused:

CharM
04-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Rapolina, your colour and motion are beautiful... I believe that's what you are trying to convey in this painting and you certainly succeeded wonderfully... It's very difficult for me to critique this type of work because I tend to be a flower person... We have distinctly different tastes and interests...

After all is said and done, my opinion really won't matter if you like the painting! Having said that, I think you should frame it...

artmom
04-28-2003, 10:34 AM
Rapolina, I wanted to bump this up--the day you posted it was an extremely busy one and I think a lot of folk missed it--I keep coming back to look at it. It's fascinating!

:cool:

Lyn

capricorne
04-29-2003, 10:54 AM
bongiorno Rapolina,
What I like about your painting is the warm-cold and the blue-orange contrast. The painting gives me the feeling of water and sun, the Italian sun.
In my view, you could improve the painting by bringing in a third element, to bring some tension in it. Hope these words meant something to you. If not forget it! :-)
I see that you are from Milan, Italy, lucky you, to live in such a beautifull country!.
In July I'm going to Lago di Garda and Venice. I really looking forward to it, because when I'm going to Italy, sono l'huome piu felice del mondo!
no, non sono cretino..:-)
Ciao
Jan

rapolina
04-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Ciao Jan!
happy in finding another belgium painter speaking italian! (ciao Gilberte:) )

thank you for your comments, I have to say thet colors are not well reproduced, as the blue on the bottom is ultramarine-based while the waves nearest to the sand are turquoise. I don't exaclty catch what you suggest to me: maybe paintind something like shells on the beach?

i'm happy to live in italy!:D :D :D I always say that if i were a stranger i'd dream of a holyday in italy...;)
Sun, beautiful places everywhere, art and good food!:)

ciao, rapolina.:cat: