PDA

View Full Version : squirrel postcard

rapolina
04-24-2003, 05:44 AM
I did this postcard in pen and watercolors for my daughter.
can you give me any comments and suggestions please?
thank you and ciao, rapolina.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2003/744-CARTOLINA-SCOIATTOLO.JPG

Paul Hopkinson
04-24-2003, 07:17 AM
You have done a great job on this so far. All I can suggest is think where he light source is coming from and add a shadow underneath the Suirrel to give him more grounding. Plus maybe a bit darker underneath the tail as this part would be in the shade, think of the roundness and form of the tail.

Cheers
Paul

Leslie Pz
04-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Wonderful! She's going to love it!

A postcard? Will you be mailing it to her?
-Les

VeldaJ
04-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Nice work, Rapolina. I'm sure your daughter is going to love it. I agree with Paul, a few darks would just help to anchor the squirrel within the painting.

artmom
04-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Ciao, Rapolina--fancy meeting you here! LOL

Beautiful little squirrel--you've gotten good advice--I'll just admire!

Lyn

RachelG*
04-24-2003, 04:13 PM
This is soo cute!
speaking of squirrels, today as i was leaving for schoo, a squirrel in my yard started coming at me; chasing me! it was really weird, so i didn't look her in the eye, and continued on. then i saw a baby, little swuirrel lying on the sidewalk. it was her baby, and she was protecting it! i called the vet to make sure i shouldn't be worried, and they said i whouldn't. then the mama carried her baby up a tree, and all was well.
just thought i'd share that bizarre start to another day.
great postcard. cute little critter! i'm sure your daughter will love it!!!!:clap: :clap:

rapolina
04-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Leslie Pz
A postcard? Will you be mailing it to her?
-Les

Thank you to all of you, i seldom paint animals, but i'd like...:o i feel so insicure in painting them...

i have already posted it last year, and it arrived to her, when she was in holiday college.

ciao, rapolina.

lorna12
04-29-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by artmom

Beautiful little squirrel--you've gotten good advice--I'll just admire!

Me, too:D