PDA

View Full Version : Barn Scene WIP close to done...

karenjh
04-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Did this in class and want to finish it up but not sure what I want to do with it. Still missing something and I need to fix those trees on the right - a bit too much the same.

What would you do to finish this?

1/4 sheet Arches CP

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2003/8699-Barn_Scene_WIP_1.jpg

pampe
04-23-2003, 09:45 PM
IMHO something needs to lead my eye to the barn

a path, shrubs....something

white-anubis
04-23-2003, 10:35 PM
My eye went right between those dark areas and straight up to the barn. I think it looks good. Maybe just a couple more of slightly darker splotches will emphasize the way up.

al22
04-23-2003, 10:53 PM
IMHO, you need to grow that tree on the left so it goes above the horizon, even off the top of the page to tie the two areas together and you can also point some of the branches at you barn area.....
...................nice looking wip......... all barns are good!......

.......al

karenjh
04-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Pam, Walerian and Al thanks for your comments.

Al That is a good idea I hope I am brave enough.....

CharM
04-24-2003, 08:05 AM
You can do it!!! Trust our experts' suggestions... You'll finish this off with a BANG!!!

rapolina
04-24-2003, 08:53 AM
I like it as it is. maybe it is a little too dark IMHO, but i think it is due to scanning or my video.
it looks a bit like a "naif" painting, beautiful!!
:clap: :clap:
ciao, rapolina.

karenjh
04-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Actually the painting is more vibrant in color than is showing up. I think it is showing up a bit darker and duller. I had trouble taking the digital picture last night. With flash was WAY too light and without flash was a bit darker. Couldn't wait until day light to take it. Doesn't matter anyway, today is cloudy so it wouldn't have helped LOL