PDA

View Full Version : Devotion and Love

purplepansey
03-02-2012, 11:35 AM
This is the first time I've ever posted on this forum and don't know if this is the right place for it as it has a dog and girl in the photo. Please tell me where to post it if not here. :confused:
When I saw this photo in the RIL I fell in love with it and had to give it a try. I think it shows the love of folks for their pets and vice versa.
I had trouble with the hand cupping her face and tried my best to have it look right so finally decided to leave well enough alone before making it worse.

Please your thoughts pros or cons but keep in mind I'm not a portrait painter of people or animals. :angel:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2012/52562-Love_and_Devotion.jpg

evartpat
03-02-2012, 12:09 PM
A very sweet concept. :)

I really like the dog. I can't quite figure out though what is in front of the woman's face?

purplepansey
03-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks evartpat, but like I said in my post, it is her hand cupping her face, it did give me a problem and don't know how to fix it other than painting it out. Should I?

evartpat
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Well duh...I should have read your post more closely...:o

Ummm...I would be inclined to paint her hand out, or maybe turn it into a pillow or blanket covering part of her face if you don't want to fill her face in.

Just a thought...:)

purplepansey
03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks and good suggestion about the pillow or blanket.
Open to other suggestions as well.

Barb'sArt
03-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Lovely composition!
I would agree with maybe painting out the hand(as said, make that area a part of the pillow/blanket), as I find it a bit distracting from an otherwise wonderful composition.:)

ArtbyPeggy
03-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Touching painting. I too agree, make the hand a blanket or pillow. It will read better than that awkward angle of the hand. I wonder how her wrist felt when she woke up :lol:

purplepansey
03-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Thank you Barb and ArtbyPeggy for your input and help with her hand , I appreciate it.

KarenESP
03-03-2012, 09:36 AM
wonderful composition (:

wildlifeart89
03-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I think you've captured their love very well and I really like the coloring of the dogs fur.:thumbsup:
Paige

thesnowybee
03-04-2012, 07:10 AM
hey i like this...the lady reminds me of a Gustav Klimt painting.

purplepansey
03-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Many thanks to Karen, Paige, and thesnowybee for stopping by and adding your thoughts about my painting. Appreciate all your input.

nickib
03-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I love this painting! My dog is soon to be leaving me, she has cancer and when I saw this, it brought me to tears! Thanks so much for posting it, and honestly, I didn't even notice the hand. Just the dog and woman's faces:clap::clap::clap:Nicki