PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Michaelangelo-March 2012

trafford
03-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, spring is almost here and so far we've had very little snow up in the Boston area. Of course, the way it is going, we could have winter weather in July.

Hope everyone is painting and drawing, or taking some art course...or any kind of courses. We are a little slow getting our threads up this month, but they're coming, and I hope you enjoy them. Anne Anderson, Goya, Gel Transfers etc. are still open for posting. Enjoy the whiff of spring. :thumbsup:

azulparsnip
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
yes! I'm ready for spring. got some seeds....planted potatoes last weekend and some berry bushes today, and started practicing up on henna tattoos too

I hope we all get to do some artsie stuff too!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2012/88676-IMG_1890.JPG

jacquip
03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi Janet and Robin. Great henna tattoo Robin. The weather is starting to cool here, been raining most of the last week. College started back but I am finding it hard to get motivated and do my homework. I have my desk and new art room/studio now so am hoping that will help. At least I won't have to pack everything away each day. Computer graphics are part of my course this year so that is new and exciting, and hard.

Look forward to seeing great work from you all, have fun and keep well

trafford
03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Robin love the henna painted hand. Do you do ankles and shoulders, as well. I don't know why I thought of ankles, but I can picture it.

Glad you have an art space of your own. I do dining room table...which isn't too bad, since I work small. I used to work on an enclosed porch...but it's too cold in winter and stifling in summer. Ah, well.

Hope your classes go well. :cool:

azulparsnip
03-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi - hope we each get something down today.......

Janet - yes! ankles , espec. feet are my favorite place to henna. My daughter is moving to Maryland....how far is that from you?

Jacqui - how long have you been at school now? Computers have a solid place in art now. It will open new territory for sure.

trafford
03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Maryland is pretty far...a beautiful state.

Here is a video on Henry Moore you might find interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mpa-0btytY :heart:

jacquip
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Robin this is my second year, the course will take me 4 years as I am doing it part time. I am really enjoying the computers class but still just doing basic stuff.

It is really nice to see so much more activity here this month. Lots of good stuff going on.