PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse Portland

Bill J
04-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Here is a wc of the Portland Head light in Portland Maine. I have to work on the roof lines to make them agree with the distant eye level ine. Plus the sky around the base df the lighthouse and the black ring around it. Any and all comments are welcome.
bill

white-anubis
04-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Didn't notice the ring until you pointed it out. I think it looks good.

mhimeswc
04-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Nice job on the sky and the rocks. You have that steep cliff just about right. I didn't notice the ring in the sky either. I don't think it is necessary to fix it, it looks fine the way it is.

Your buildings and the lighthouse are leaning a little. Mine tend to do that too :) . At least they are all leaning the same way.

I think you could make the water a little darker and bluer. The pale green looks a little too "tropical" for Maine.

These are just little suggestions, but all in all I think you did a fine painting here of one of my favorite lighthouses..

Michelle

KathyJB
04-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Nice Job I like how you captured ther height perspective... does anyone else notice that its perfect!!
Kathy

CharM
04-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Bill, are your buildings leaning or is it because of the way you took the photo? I agree with Michelle... Nice Maritime feel and beautiful painting!:)

Bill J
04-23-2003, 05:22 PM
The building are wrong I'll work on them .Here is what happened I put the buildings in then later I put in the hozrizon at eye level and the blds were not in sinc so I doctored up the building- looks like I have to do more Doctoring lol. The water, well I 'm here in Florida and painted Fl. h2O. That I can fix easy--thanks for all the comments.
bill

pampe
04-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Bill

please check your private messages

MarciaJane
04-26-2003, 08:36 AM
I love your sky in this Bill, also the way you have done the sea - nice colours all round!!. Speak to you soon.

Have a nice day.

MarciaJane