PDA

View Full Version : New Born Baboon

Arcanjo
04-23-2003, 01:21 PM
:) Another very quick sketch...not very acurate, I am afraid...
But it was fun to draw. How do you kike it?

Beijinhos

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2003/12667-new_born_baboon1.jpg

Paul Hopkinson
04-23-2003, 05:09 PM
MJ this is lovey! It really catches the feeling of insecurity for the baby Baboon. These as you know are cute little things that are forever riding either on their Mum's back or belly. I watch them all the time at my local Zoo.
I have been thinking about painting the whole Baboon enclosure but I will have to wait until retirement first, err in about 30 years!

Paul

Arcanjo
04-23-2003, 05:24 PM
:)Paul Thanks for commenting.
There are not too many people that fancy monkeys...Normally people feel a bit uncomfortable about them or just make fun of them. :( I think I probably can go to YOUR local zoo in 4 to 6 months time:( LOL I will be retired by then...LOL I hope they donīt move the enclosure until then!

Beijinhos

Paul Hopkinson
04-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Don't worry the Zoo will still be there by then. They have a VERY large selection of different monkeys and apes. Let's just say that it would take you all day to see everything within the Zoo.
Paignton Zoo do have a web site. I can't remember the site address but if your check the links section on my web site it will take you straight to it.

All the best,
Paul

crazeejumper
04-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Great sketch! Wish my quick ones looked that good. :clap:

JenCorwin1
04-23-2003, 09:16 PM
I replied to your newborn baboon thread in the drawing/sketching forum. I love it!

Originally posted by Arcanjo
There are not too many people that fancy monkeys...Normally people feel a bit uncomfortable about them or just make fun of them.

Beijinhos

I love primates! I'm going to college this fall to earn a degree in zoology. I love all animals but especially primates. They're fascinating. I'm about to start a drawing of a lowland gorilla with white charcoal on black paper.

Craftyhopo: I would love to visit your local zoo. I checked out the website. They house many diverse species. Unfortunately I live in Texas...The only primates our local zoo has are lemurs and gibbons...

:)

inkskin
04-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Terrific sketch! You definitely captured the sweet,and vulnerable side of the baby babboon. I love primates as well.

Heather

Arcanjo
04-23-2003, 10:17 PM
Jen I am glad you liked my little baboon.
I am also a big fan of primates.
I have done the kind of work you are about to start:D . It is charcoal and white chalk on antracite paper .It is only a quick sketch but I love it very much ( probably ecause it is one of my first drawings) I canīt scan it because it is too big and I tried to photograph it but it turned out horrible. You will show us yours?

Crazeejumper Thank you very much! Coming from yuthat is a great compliment:)

VeldaJ
04-24-2003, 10:25 AM
This is a super sketch, MJ. You really have captured the esses of the little fellow. We go to several wildlife parks and I always head for the primates. They are totally fascinating to watch. Well done on the realistic portrayal.

Redsy333
04-24-2003, 12:01 PM
this is so adorable and those eyes are do full of emotion!!
Excellent sketching my friend!!;)

crumbedbrains
04-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Great for a quick sketch . . looks so vulnerable. OK that's it he comin' home with me!! LOL
Are you planning on developing this into a painting??
Crumby

Arcanjo
04-25-2003, 11:51 AM
:) VeldaJ, Redsy333 and Crumbreadbrains, Thank you all. And I am not using it for anything special .I draw it as my everyday exercise.

Beijinhos

MJ