PDA

View Full Version : question about brands

christyc82
04-23-2003, 01:04 PM
I have an intro set of Grumbacher aritist fine quality soft pastels that are probably from the 80s that were given to me. I haven't seen Grumbacher pastels anywhere where I live and havent really looked online, but does anyone know if they still make them? I love the way these pastels handle and would like to get more. Im guessing they are from the 80s because of the graphic style on the box, how worn the box is, and the fact that these pastels were only $18. i

jackiesimmonds
04-23-2003, 01:57 PM
I have an old box too, they are lovely pastels, but I was told they don't make them any more. However, since they were never sold in the UK, and that's where I am, I could be wrong. Let's see what others have to say.

Have you done a search on Google? Might be worth trying.

Later......I did that, and discovered they ARE still available. Try here: (sorry, haven't done it as a link, I don't think. You may have to copy and paste.)

http://www.dickblick.com/zz200/40/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=1247

Dakotapastels also sell them, but Dick Blick are offering a good discount.

Jackie

christyc82
04-23-2003, 02:10 PM
thank you so much for the reply :) I hadn't even really looked online because its rare that I order supplies from the net. I have looked all over Baltimore though in the art stores.

sundiver
04-23-2003, 10:45 PM
I too have an old set of grumbacher pastels, probably from the 70's. They are different from the new ones; softer, and round, not square. I like them better. The box says "made in U.S.A.".
On Ebay I saw a similar older set that were called Grumbacher Schminckes. The box looked identical to mine, except it had Schmincke on it, and the pastels looked identical to mine. I didn't know those two brands had a connection...

Laura Brito
04-24-2003, 01:44 AM
I have the square type too! I didn't know the they had a connection either! You learn something new everyday!

Laura