PDA

View Full Version : More good news!!..My 2nd Award!!

flowerfields
04-23-2003, 07:13 AM
:clap: Oh joy oh joy oh joy!
My fifth group exhibition and I won another "Highly Commended"!!! Is God shining on me, or what!! I'm still floating in the clouds!
Here's me with two of my paintings...the top one got the award..
Thanks for looking
Mia:cat:

flowerfields
04-23-2003, 07:17 AM
oh...and here's a close up..:)
Have a great day everyone!

CharM
04-23-2003, 07:57 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: God is shining on you because you're using the Talent with a capital "T" that he gave you!!!! I absolutely love your background treatment... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Strawberry Wine
04-23-2003, 08:23 AM
Mia

This is beautiful. No wonder you are winning awards and I think you are going to continue to do so. I like the way you painted onto the matting. I have seen that done with some pictures in our local gallery.

Can you use the uploader at the top of the thread page next time you post a pic so we can see it again while we comment. It is easy to do once you get the hang of it:)

Gail

Uschi
04-23-2003, 09:04 AM
That's because they are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! and there will be many more awards!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
04-23-2003, 09:07 AM
Congratulations on receiving an award for your wonderful painting. It is wel deserved.
JoAnn

babybrush
04-23-2003, 09:16 AM
GREAT JOB!! CONGRATULATIONS! now i have a question, why do i not remember seeing these before? did you forget to post them here?

Bethany

painterbear
04-23-2003, 09:49 AM
Congratulations! The award is well-deserved. Your painting is beautifully executed and the colors are rich and vibrant.

Even the one that didn't win an award is wonderful.

We would love to see more of your paintings here in the Watercolor forum, even a WIP would be nice if you want to share your technique.

mhimeswc
04-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Congratulations on your award. It is well deserved, for it is a lovely painting. I too like the way you carried the painting over onto the mat.

Michelle

karenjh
04-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Very pretty. I like the way you carried the painting out over the matting.

DragonladyfromOz
04-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Wooohoooo! Mia! What a clever little vegemite you are :clap: These are gorgeous and I am sooo glad the judges could see that too. Beats painting traffic light control boxes, huh?:D
Great job.
Manda

hopefulbucky
04-23-2003, 12:41 PM
What a very neat painting. I love how you carried the painting onto the mat. Very effective. Congrats on the award must feel very good.:cat:

Annetta
04-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Congratulations on your 2nd award Mia and not surprising at all!! Absolutely stunning paintings!! :clap: :clap: Yep, God shines on anyone who allows it :angel:

Keep us updated on any new awards and/or paintings :D

Gilberte
04-23-2003, 01:10 PM
CONGRATULATIONS !

Joni St. Martin
04-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Mia,

Your work is fabulous!! Both paintings are beautiful. Your colors are so vibrant. I can see why you received the award. Very well deserved!

Regards,

Joni

KathyJB
04-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Bravo Bravo bravo!!!!

flowerfields
04-25-2003, 02:58 AM
Thank you ALL so very much for your lovely comments! (And yes, I'm still floating!)

Bethany and Sylvia...I will try to post more stuff ...you know what its like in a house with 4 people fighting for time on the computer..by the time I've done mail, read interesting articles and looked, and commented on other peoples wonderful work, I seem to run out of time!! It's just such a wonderful site...I could spend all day on it!
But I will post more soon...I promise. Hopefully, I'll have a website set up soon.:rolleyes:

Manda, don't laugh, I may even do another box this year!!
Catchyas all!

l_wheat
04-25-2003, 03:40 AM
wow, I love the bit you've added to the matte, its beautiful, congrats on the second of many Im sure.

Bill J
04-25-2003, 04:31 AM
Congratulations to our flower lady :clap:
Excellent, I wish I was close enough to give you a box of Chocolates

ptantono
04-25-2003, 04:48 AM
Congratulation !!!!!!!!!! Seeing your wonderful painting, I am not surprised that you received award.

flowerfields
04-25-2003, 05:36 AM
Bill....chocolatesmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmI LOVE chocolates...you could post em over? Darn, they'd probably melt on the way! :D But thanks for the thought anyway!:D
Thanks for looking at my pic too and welcome to WC! Its such a great site...full of friendly helpful people, like us!!

M.A.
04-25-2003, 06:06 AM
Congrats! Your paintings are beautiful!!!