PDA

View Full Version : Fuerteventura

Nitsa
04-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Painted from an old family holiday photo. The lines look a little out here but I promise you, it is the angle I took the pic on NOT the painting! ;) I also can't seem to get the colours as bright on here :(...Oh well......
Arches9x12 90lb rough, W&N paints.

I was wondering if you thought it needed something on that first wall?
Comments, critique welcome!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2003/18769-fuerteventura.JPG

artmom
04-23-2003, 06:51 AM
Anita, nicely done! But, IMO, you need something else-perhaps a little more greenery at the base of the closest wall, or a little taller greenery, or even something on the shadowed alcove wall. Not a lot, just something to give the eye something to rest on, away from the sun drenched white walls. A breather, in other words. Does this make sense?

Lyn

Nitsa
04-23-2003, 06:54 AM
Makes perfect sense Lyn......What tho'? Another window maybe? Maybe a climbing plant, although I can't remember seeing any trellis over there on my visit.....but I am slightly senile! LOL!
Help!

artmom
04-23-2003, 06:59 AM
I don't think you need another window--some kind of plant--the trellis idea sounds good or a hanging plant, or a tall plant coming up from the planting area. You are the artist; you can grow whatever you want! Remember, don't be "a slave to your reference photo!" :D

Lyn

Nitsa
04-23-2003, 07:03 AM
Believe me...My reference photo looks nothing like this, I have changed so much! LOL!
I would just like to keep it in zinc with the area so people that have travelled there will recognise it! On the ref it shows another window but I thought this was a little soldier like....Yes, deffo a plant then, I shall play around with it!

Thanx for your help Lyn!

artmom
04-23-2003, 07:07 AM
Anita, maybe the tall plant is not a good idea--it would compete w/the lamp posts--I think a rounded plant or a Y shaped trellis. I'm sure you'll come up with something good!:)

Lyn

Nitsa
04-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Excellent point Lyn....TY!

CharM
04-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Nitsa... if you were to plant a nice shrubbey thing at the furthest end of the first flowerbed, I think IMHO, you will maintain the integrity of your composition!!! It's lovely, just not quite finished... :)

els
04-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Very good job Anita...

Regarding the wall you could add texture to it (dry brush), or even add some kind of shadow...

karenjh
04-23-2003, 11:26 AM
Nice painting. One hint that I got here from Yorky I believe was to dirty up those nice clean white walls to make them more believable. It worked for me and was good advice.

Annetta
04-23-2003, 12:15 PM
....wonderful painting Anita!! Great texture on the sidewalk. :clap: :clap:

As far as adding something, is the closest area with the single shrub a flower bed? If so, I (personally) would put more clumps of the green already in there with some really bright red (or bright color of your choice :D ) low flowers against that white wall!! Hmmmmm, probably some where the window is too?

Nitsa
04-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Char....TY, that's exactly how I felt when I finished...That it was quite finished! LOL!

ELS and Karen......I rather liked the blank starkness of the walls! :(

Annetta.......Red sounds good to me too!

TY all for your feedback........it really DOES help!

M.A.
04-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Love it. As is. :)

al22
04-23-2003, 06:56 PM
JHO, but I really prefer it as is........ I like the starkness........
........al