PDA

View Full Version : pansies and tulips

KathyJB
04-22-2003, 11:27 PM
Just did a fast painting wanted to post it for feedback and get the juices flowing again... have been sick this week. So here goes.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/7614-loose_tulips.jpg

Kathy

baba
04-23-2003, 01:59 AM
Lovely style - the pansies work great with the wet-in-wet.
When it loaded I was expecting much more coming at the bottom: seems a bit strange to cut just below the tulip blossoms. Did you crop or is this all there is?

artman42
04-23-2003, 06:39 AM
I like the Flowers looks Good,,,,,,, and the color is Vibrant

DaZZer
04-23-2003, 06:58 AM
fresh cheerful painting :)

CharM
04-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Kathy, hope you're feeling better! And the juices are flowing! From the looks of this, I suspect that you're "groovin"... I love the wet-in-wet look of your composition. The colours are fresh and lively!!!

KathyJB
04-23-2003, 09:36 AM
baby thank you for your comments..... yes that is the end... I didnt concentrate on where the paper ended but I wanted to submit it to se if I should do another using something this lose. Thanks the next one will have longer stems.
Artman I thank you... vibrant! I feel honored!
DaZZer thanks for your kindness.
Char yes am much better today and hope to be back in the saddle soon,
kathy

Annetta
04-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Lovely, loose "quickie" :D I squatted down and looked at some purple flowers in the woods yesterday like the ones you painted. I just watched the light change on them as the sun played in and out of the clouds. Yours look lovely just like these did.

Think you should try some more like this!! :clap:

Gilberte
04-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by baba
Lovely style - the pansies work great with the wet-in-wet.
When it loaded I was expecting much more coming at the bottom: seems a bit strange to cut just below the tulip blossoms. Did you crop or is this all there is?

I had the same feeling as Baba or do I miss the focal point ?
Just an opinion ;)

KathyJB
04-23-2003, 02:58 PM
OOPs Baba funny how a typo can change a name (grin)
I think I shall do this again taking your comment into consideration..... I imagine without the pounding headache the stems might be more then an afterthot
Annetta thank you ...I am still amazed at how watercolor can express itself so many ways.
Kathy