PDA

View Full Version : Weeders' Monthly .......... March 2012

Dewi
02-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Last Month's (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993662&page=2)

Hello March ..... hello everyone and hope all of you are safe and happy .... no hurricanes/tornadoes or other disasters :)

Don't forget March is the last month of 2011 Hall of Fame to be sticky.

And this month, I'm hosting Different Strokes; inviting and hoping Acrylic Artists could and would participate There (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15330082#post15330082) :wave:

Take care :wave:

Dewi
03-01-2012, 12:12 AM
I've updated the schedule's thread and have May and June free to be filled in.

Was it along time ago since you host a WDE, we would love you to host again or newbie who has been participating for a few months already are welcome too :)

artastic
03-01-2012, 10:34 AM
happy spring! and soon gardening season is here, there is a gardening seed sale this saturday!! and I have got my first gardening catalogue!
I just picked up a dehydrator on the wknd and have been drying everything in site, so far the apples are the best, have tried strawberrys, kale, and beets
I think Kale is an acquired taste, too bad because it is SO good for you.
I want to dehydrate the extra veggies and bag them up for soup

Charlie's Mum
03-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Ah, Spring ... and Bonnie has found lots to do already!!!:lol:

Hi to all - and I'm still searching for Ms. Muse-and-Motivation - if you see her, remind her where she should be please!:D

:wave:

eyepaint
03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Happy March! Thanks for starting us off, Dewi. Bonnie - you found the Dehydration Muse :)

Phlugel
03-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Morning folks hope you are all well
Nonnie Kor please get better soon
Mom got home safely thanks and so I am getting me back in some sort of order.
Have lots to catch up on but will look and see about what I can do when soon. We are heading out on a cruise and I have collected a bunch of great references for the ATC's I want to do for the doors and flower swap. then Once we are home I will check schedules and such and take some time to comment. May take a week or two hee hee
Sorry haven't even had time to comment and look at WDE's while mom was here. Think she is starting some Alzheimers so was kind of strange. The family didn't warn me so I was somewhat in the dark for the first half of the visit. It was good anyway and now I have confirmed for them that she gets scatty and confused so maybe it was all good. We are all more prepared now so hopefully won't have too many mishaps. She tends to toss things into baskets or onto the table and such, things like portable computers and glass ornaments. She also seems a bit confused as to why pouring or bumping a drink onto a computer would kill it. I am glad they have moved her closer and she will now be sharing a cottage with my brother on my sisters property so has someone fairly close. She had been living alone and they moved her while she visited me
SO all that to say ahh I can paint again and play hopefully.
Maureen I will look in the Caribbean for your muse and send her home if I find her.
Spring is springing out all over down here last week I meant to take pictures of the trees with the air plants all over them and no leaves oops this week I can't see the air plants for the leaves. I love looking at Spring happen.

RubyRedDog2
03-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi Dewie, thanks for hosting. I'll look at May and schedule then. Don't know how early grandbaby is coming so will wait and see.

Bonnie, looking forward to hearing about your garden. I think I already missed our early planting and DH probably would let it die anyway while I'm away. When I first started eating greens I needed a little sauce (like the Thai chile or even a little pickle juice) to help. Now I just eat them plain.

Maureen, your muse isn't at my house, maybe mine and yours are off somewhere together.

Hi Eye!

Astrid, sorry you and your family are having to go through that, not easy losing them that way mentally when their bodies are doing well. Glad she will be safely close to your family.

The old oak is getting new leaves and the temps are summer like here.

My mom said my cousin's ex lost his dock to tornado today and neighbors had bad storm damage in the Chattanooga area. Kor, hope you are in somewhere safe and anyone else in that area. Where's Mary? The kids in NY had snow day today, they had lightning with their snow last week. Crazy weather going on.

My art class starts Sunday, hope to have something wonderful :lol: to show for the money.

Have a good weekend.

kordelia
03-03-2012, 02:10 PM
"" you may experience site oddities early saturday morning"" ..... did you see that??? top line on here at 2PM saturday... wouldnt dare come here early morning, after THAT warning....................... funnnny.... that's WHY i come here at ALL!!! howdy, all you lovelies oddities.... had sleepover, "Puss in Boots" and popcorn, but today is rainy dreary, ucky so they went home earlier than we expected... dd&sil like their Disney pic so took that home too... .....:music: all alone, i'm so all alone....:music: so quiet suddenly..... naptime....................... hugs to those who need them... my coff is letting up, mid-week 6..... hope is on the rise.............. o wow.... laptops actuallly do shutoff.... sleep and re-energize... first time i had let the time run out... i'm learning, i'm learning........................ ta........

Charlie's Mum
03-03-2012, 03:49 PM
HI all :wave: -

Astrid - that's hard for you all with your Mom - but good that she'll have family close instead of her being alone. Hugs for you.

Kor - sounding a bit better there - do hope it's clearing up and the lungs can breathe freely again:D ...... keep away from that pastel dust!

Been a lovely week here but getting colder again - maybe frost coming back :( , still, grateful for the good winter we've had til now - looking forward to getting into the garden and doing some work there - very therapeutic:)

My muse is still playing with some of yours (Gail?) - but I did manage to pick up a pen today!

Bye for now :wave:

VeldaJ
03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Sounds like you're planning a very busy time Bonnie. (I'd love to try the apple and strawberry soup. :evil: :wink2: )

Astrid, (Hugs) I feel for you - altzeihmers is such a cruel disease - and worse for the family than the patient.

Glad to hear you sounding a bit better Kor.

LIke you I'm grateful for the lack of winter, Maureen. We haven't seen a bit of snow down here in Cornwall and temperature was 17C the other day. Unbeleivable for February. We took the camper van out last weekend and came back via Weston Super Mare and spent the day on the beach and it was lovely again this Thursday so we took ourselves off to Porth Beach and spent the whole day on the sands. Crazy weather. Hope that doesn't mean that summer will take a hike. :eek:

kordelia
03-04-2012, 10:16 PM
thought i'd let you know: i made a trip to an emergency clinic today... i was so sick yesterday afternoon, i thought my heart would just give out from the coughin............... middle of WEEK 6....

xrays show clear lungs (the good news), inflamed (the bad news)... (and another word, but i dont remember it right now....) i'm totallly grounded for 5 days with a ton of 'tussin' type meds, an anti inflammatory, and a REAL inhaler (hey, for $43 i thought the other one was real too... "not the right kind"....) STEROIDS... i kept asking if i was going to grow muscles... "not THAT kind of steroids"........... they started me right off with the meds, so i know i'm 'loopy' for a couple hours with them.... but no exertion, minimal chores, no going out, stay put, hunker-down..... 5 days worth..... .... my Muse sez: we can do that............ we'll see what comes of it...........

hi to all... hugs all round... glad you're all enjoying the winter weather... i'm just hoping for a couple days worth of sunshine to sit inside my glass door and sleep.... ........Nonny the Wuss

edit... you know of course that if i didnt have you to come to here, i'd totallly go off the deep end.... EEPs, i tried, i realllly tried; and Helen, i sure hope that boot was below your CHIn, got a good giggle outta yr post....

kordelia
03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Bonnie.... i :heart: beets.... you realllly have my curiousity up... dried beets... i realize you mean to reconstitute them, but hmmm... dried beets... try one... let us know.... sounds like a great project... how do you store them? frees up freezer space, for sure........

connievanwinssen
03-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Kordelia...:grouphug: Get well soon!!:heart:

Helen
03-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Everyone...

Astrid, so sorry about your mom. That has to be tough.

Bonnie, I'm like Kori, LOVE BEETS! I've never tried drying them. Let us know how it works out.

Kor, so sorry that stuff isn't going away. Good friends here are going through the same thing -- winter crude is what they call it.

Skiing -- didn't happen. All the beautiful snow and no power so the chalet where we stay had no heat, no lights and no way to cook; the ski resort had no power either so no rooms to stay in and no lifts running. Just as well because my chin injury and my ski boot matched up so skiing would not have been a good thing for me to be doing. My chin injury you ask -- a dumb thing. While in Chicago DH and I were at the Cultural Center oogling the Tiffany Window, all the beautiful mosaics and listening to a poetry reading. :) As we were leaving I was concentrating on this mosaic on the landing
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Mar-2012/998-fish_mosaic_at_Cultural_Center_small_file.jpg
and I wasn't looking at the stairs -- :confused: missed the first step and there really isn't a hand rail so nothing to grab, just down I went, down four or five steps. Nothing broken so I guess my bones are solid :) but bruised and contused I am. Isn't the mosaic beautiful though. I thought I took a photo of the domed window too but I guess not, I don't find it on my camera.

Charlie's Mum
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Mar-2012/30494-Hugs_BlinkingButtercup.gif
Special hugs for Kor and Helen and a wish to please get well soon - Kor from the nasty infection bubbling away inside the lungs and Helen from your injury.
Beautiful tho' that mosaic is (and thank you for the image) was it worth the painful chin? :eek:

Anyone else in need of hugs?:)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Mar-2012/30494-Big_hug_smilie.gif

Beautiful day here - though very cold - frost last night and -4C or -5C again tonight. Worth it to have the blue sky and sun!

eyepaint
03-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Kor has begun her body-building career with her steroids!

Oh Helen, I'll bet you are sore after that tumble. Lovely mosaic, though (but was it worth the bruises?)

Helen
03-05-2012, 06:08 PM
It was definately worth the bruises and it was shin, not chin. Both knees slightly bruised, scrapes on one and only one shin but it is really bruised and sore when I touch it, otherwise it's fine.

artastic
03-06-2012, 09:03 AM
oh my Kor, what a log haul this winter has been , get pumped my friend and rid yourself of theat nasty infexction
beautiful mosaic Helen, sorry about the tumble, and sorry you did not get to ski this winter, I know how you love it, it has beena strange winter everywhere, we have still had the best one for years, so now it is march and finally decided to snow, butthen it meltes every frew days, so it does not stay, we had more snow last wknd thatn all winter!

my last attempt at drying was saskatoon berries (are now like currents) and bananas- still rather chewie not crisp, and it took 36 hrs, certainly not efficient, I think I will just buy banana chips. would like to try raspberries,
still like the apples best.
the beets turnedout rather good 9my friend calls them earthy) but they are nice with the dried kale.
I went to our 'seedy saturday' garden seed exchange and picked up some heritige seeds for the garden, DH said "what are you doing? can't you see the snow on the ground?" ahh, just planning ahead that is all,
my april vacation (most of you know I renovate in april) this year will be to have th last remaining carpet in the LR replaced, couldn't cnvice DH that I had to refinish the hardwood under the existing carpet, so I conceeded to just replacingg he carpet. also will fill inthe cracks the house took last year with all the rain and shifting, plan on painting the bedroom and kitchen this summer.
is this spring fever I am feeling?

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn,

artastic
03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
someone just sent me this
Life of Flowers (http://player.vimeo.com/video/27920977?title=0&%3bbyline=0&%3bportrait=0href=)

had to share

justjean
03-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing , Bonnie. It's amazing and beautiful :thumbsup:

Signchick
03-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi everybody! Kor and Helen - feel better and stay down as long as you need to. ((hugs))

I am so busy in the sign shop I can barely keep up with myself. I've never been this busy in the winter before. Economy must be improving. I am still trying to gather enough paintings for the new gallery. I'm wanting to leave small paintings at the old one (and they are wanting more new paintings) and put large paintings at the new one. Me? Two galleries at once? Who-d-a-knew? (that's Okie for "who would have known.) :lol:

All the problems I have are GOOD problems to have. I just need more time, I tell ya. :lol: Better get back to it. :wave: :grouphug:

Signchick
03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Oh... I forgot. Some people want to know how to do a whiskey transfer. You print your photo with an inkjet printer (reverse it if you're smarter than me) and lay it face down on your watercolor paper. Then paint whiskey on the back of the photo with a paintbrush - or whatever. Let it dry and you should have a faint image from your photo on the wc paper. :)

artastic
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
glad things are hopping for you beth, but miss you around here

(I use vodka for my tranfers as I have no whiskey in the house)

connievanwinssen
03-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Yesterday was the opening of my windmill exhibition.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Mar-2012/42792-windm-connie2.jpg

artastic
03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
connie, and how did you wrap the painting around the windmill?

connievanwinssen
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I didn't. They hired a special company to do it.
On this photo you can see a bit of the elastic cord they used to pull it together. There's a gap of about 32" between the ends of the canvas.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Mar-2012/42792-001klein.jpg

Helen
03-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Connie, that is absolutely fabulous!

eyepaint
03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Connie that is so cool!!

What did you apply to protect it from the elements?

Valri Ary
03-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello everyone!!!
Loved the flower video Bonnie.
Congrats on the painting Connie.
Beth are you selling well at the galleries?
Kor get well....spring will make you feel better
Sorry about your tumble Helen....glad you're ok!
Hugs to you Astrid....
Gail how many grandbabies do you have now?
I got a new job - story of my life BUT this is a real opportunity. Pharmacy Tech for a large chain drug store. They are paying for all the training. It's state board certification or maybe even national - don't know BUT way excited.
I'm still teaching for the school board in the adult education - watercolor and acrylic night classes. 10 students...I really really LOVE IT!
I also got a program at Sam Flax art store in Orlando....
Plus I'm running 'Wine and Watercolor' nights...women only - so much fun!!
And I'm moving into a sweet little house all on my own....will take pics and post them next week.

connievanwinssen
03-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Thanks!
EP I just varnished it lightly with matte acrylic varnish from a spray bottle.
After all...acrylic is a kind of plastic itself.

Valri, I would love to see pictures of your new home. Congratulations on the new job!

Signchick
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Connie, I am in awe of that huge painting. I LOVE it and it's an amazing way to showcase your beautiful art!! :clap:

Beth are you selling well at the galleries?
I have been selling some at the Main Street Studio. Not a lot, but I was 2011's best selling artist. They are hardly ever open, so it doesn't take much. :)

I got a new job - story of my life BUT this is a real opportunity. Pharmacy Tech for a large chain drug store. They are paying for all the training. It's state board certification or maybe even national - don't know BUT way excited.
I'm still teaching for the school board in the adult education - watercolor and acrylic night classes. 10 students...I really really LOVE IT!
And I'm moving into a sweet little house all on my own....will take pics and post them next week.

Congratulations on the new job, the classes and the sweet new house. Like Connie says, we want photos! I'm very happy for you.

Charlie's Mum
03-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Connie - wow!

Valri - I think you deserve that wow too!!!!!

And so does Beth :lol:

Hi to everyone - and I realise Helen, how ski boot matches up to chin now!!!!:lol:

Back later ...............

Valri Ary
03-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I love you guys...!!! So much!!!

Just got back from my thursday class and we are winding down to the last 3 classes...but I asked if anyone want to come back as I needed to move the day to Tuesday - I'm a new teacher for them all and I thought they might just all bail on me BUT I have over 7 wanting to come back! I feel like I could CRY....that makes me feel so good!!!

I told them all to come onto Wet Canvas and play next weekend for my hosting the WDE...they are all so excited!!!

We are all like little kids in a candy store....WEEEEEEEE

I will post pics of the new house NEXT WEEK!

Paulafv
03-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Connie, your painting looks wonderful on the windmill.
Valri, glad you are doing well, are busy and sound so happy.
Beth, you are the poster child for hard work equals "good luck."
Kor will get well and all the rest of you stay healthy because spring is on its way and you don't want to miss it.

missswiss
03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone. I am home after being gone for two months. I can hardly believe Harry was ok with being gone that long. We even went on a cruise in that time. Harry's niece and her hubby came to Florida and meet us and went on the cruise with us. I took all my painting things with me, but only painted two things. We were so busy doing other things that I just never got around to it, but did get some pictures, so hopefully will get some done now that we are back home.
I really wanted to try and meet up with some of you while we were down there, but just did not get around to it. Maybe if we do this again next winter I can do better. I learned lots of things with being gone this year that hopefully if we go again next year I can go better prepared.
Hope to get back in the swing and get back to painting.
Just wanted to check in and say Hi. I need to go back and read and see what you all have been up too. Will comment on that later.

Helen
03-10-2012, 09:24 PM

Congrats, yes, we want pictures.

VeldaJ
03-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Kor Hope the meds have worked and you are feeling much better now.
Connie I'm absolutely gob-smacked at your talent, girl. That painting is simply gorgeous.
Helen Your mosaic is beautiful but another time remember, your camera has a zoom button, there's no need to get so up close and personal.
Bonnie The video is amazing. I could watch it over and over.
Beth Glad things are going so well for you.
Valri Sounds like you're a very busy lady. Definitely want to see pics of the new house.
Mary, Glad you had a lovely holiday. Let's see some of the pics.

I had a very expensive day yesterday. We went SKIing. No not skiing - SKIing (Spending the Kids Inheritance) My fridge freezer decided that it didn't want to play any more and kept dripping water all over the inside of the fridge so we went and bought a shiny new one - half as big again (I'll have to go shopping now for things to put in it - it looks so empty :evil: ) Whilst we were there we thought we might as well look at a VAX Carpet Shampooer because the dogs muddy footprints have played havoc with my light coloured carpets not matter how hard I've tried to clean him down when we've been out walking. Then we went looking for some spring plants for the garden and came back with a new greenhouse and potting bench. (My DH has almost recovered from the shock!!)

I'll post a pic later - the weather has closed in here today and it was too late when we got it put together yesterday.

Charlie's Mum
03-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Joy - love that - SKIing - will have to tell DH that when we spend!!
Yes, we thought too, why shouldn't we spend some of the saved cash - there'll be the property when we pop our clogs - let's enjoy someof the hard-earned£££ !
Actually - we're spending on the 3-piece suite and having it re-upholstered - could probably buy 3 new ones for the cost, but this one is good - much too good to dispose of!

Enjoy the greenhouse too - but who will keep an eye on the tomatoes etc while you are away? ........ that's what's stopped me using ours now - unless we set up a watering system, now that would work:D

Valri - well done you! Just give them all a lesson on uploading before next week!:lol: - lovely to have them joining us though :thumbsup:

Kor - hope the steroids are doing the trick and you're feeling better ....... they worked quickly with out friend - after a week, he's feeling tons better:)

Mary - welcome back from all your galivantin' :D - sounds like you had a great time ........ me?, I get homesick after a few days!:lol:

artastic
03-12-2012, 11:02 AM
was down and out for 4-5 days with nasty sinus headeaches and could not breath, however I did paint (and sleep, and watch tv)
almost over the sinus infection saturday so took all my fruit and juice out of the freezer on the weekend , (what was I thinking!!) one batch to go and I can start painting again. I think I got equivalent of 70 jars (ran out of jelly jars so had to put some in pints or larger)
Valry, so exciting about your news, and can't wait to see new digs
Mary, welcome back, SO glad you and Harry got away and have been enjoying yourselves
Velda- $OUCH$, but like your SKIing option (good plan) we may as well enjoy what we can in our short time on earth! I just setup an installment date for my april vacation (some of you remember each years projects of refinishing hardwood floors) this year is the last floor, but will just replace the carpet (DH wants to keep the last remaining carpet, so I conceeded, with the stipulation that I get ot replace it with new carpet,) so my spring vacation will be moving furniture and ripping up the old to replace with the new (I am hiring the new installation- not up to doing that myself)

I did not get a new potting bench, but did pick up some seed for the garden (even tho there is still snow on the ground) hope to be able to plant before the may long wknd again.

the spring salon show is going up today (am volunteering at the gallery today to hang the show) it is the annual members show. it is the first show I have done since quiting the Guild,
maybe next year I will go back (fall of 2013- that is my plan) I am scheduled to hang a show Jan-Mar of 2013 so have 10 months to put together 10 paintings, have started on a theme, but I may do another theme as well this year to get into another show. hmm mind is whirling again ( I must be getting well)

have a great week and keep healthy everyone

Signchick
03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Just popping in quickly to say hello! :wave:

kordelia
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
after 3 days, felt like getting on here (sort of), dragged out; wrote a nice line to every individual, of course it wouldnt accept it........... feeling much dumped upon............... i give up... if you see a big blob in the corner and it's snoring, dont kick it, it's me............... back to bed...................

Valri Ary
03-12-2012, 09:19 PM
DO NOT KICK THE BLOB - it's our beloved Kordelia!!!

artastic
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM
after 3 days, felt like getting on here (sort of), dragged out; wrote a nice line to every individual, of course it wouldnt accept it........... feeling much dumped upon............... i give up... if you see a big blob in the corner and it's snoring, dont kick it, it's me............... back to bed...................

LOL, no kicking lovely KOR blob!!
hugs for you dear:heart:

Charlie's Mum
03-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Cuddles and tea/coffee instead Kor - and nice things to eat:D

Hope this means you're feeling a bit better :)

kordelia
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
thank you, dear folks.... i'm thinking i've 'turned a corner', but this thing has surprised me before... tomorrow starts week EIGHT.... 2 whole months washed right outta my life............ enough energy to shower (after 10 days!! uck) and launder the linens (sounds so refined!), and am now totallly exhausted, but like a normal 'exhausted'.... i need help, i truly do... i'm (in this whooopy-do state of mind) trying to find&have delivered my meds that went astray LAST THURS!!!! NOT the time for this... truly not... have lists of numbers, times, dates, names of people i've spoken to... since last thurs when they didnt show up... i cant bear it, but have to call either insurance or pill mailorder co, and it's all too much.............. this is my 'usual' run of 2 pills a day to sustain life, not to fight this coldcoff... i'm running on reserve... cant face this.................:confused:

connie... wanted to comment re the windmill but the site wouldnt accept anything from me at the time, and was too weary to pursue..... this OUTSIDE!! i am so shocked! i truly pictured these all twined about INSide, walking from mill to mill, wine glass in hand, lit up for night viewing.... talk about mis-communication! glad YOU knew what waz happenin!! what plans do they have for them after the designated time??? i find this fascinating...

val.. thanks for the pat on the head, i knew it was you tho i didnt turn over or fully wake up.......

guys... i've run outta steam... tho everytime my olde fridge makes all its noises, puffing to keep alive, i think of SKIing... and giggle to myself... thanks for the funnny....... my kidz know THIS is their inheritance... do with it as you will NOW.... sure would like some beets.................. :D

yay... it toook.....

VeldaJ
03-14-2012, 09:14 PM
I do hope you are finally on the mend, Kor. Here are some flowers to cheer you up.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2012/8538-Bouquet_for_Kor.lo.jpg

Must get to bed now. It's 1.15am here and I'm still awake. My darling dog will still want to get me up before 7.00am to go walkies and I have a full day baking tomorrow 'cos it's my turn to run the coffee morning on Friday morning. Busy! Busy! Oh, well, the housework will get done sometime. :cat:

kordelia
03-15-2012, 01:01 AM
thank you so much.... i'm putting them right next to my daffodil plant which is alll beauteously in bloom....... thanx for thinking of me!!................:music: :heart: :D :heart: :music:

connievanwinssen
03-15-2012, 05:22 AM
So glad you finally are feeling better, Kordelia!:clap:
They want to sell the windmill art pieces after the whole project is done (november). If they do I will get 60% of the proceeds. But I doubt very much that they can sell it. Who wants or can have such a huge canvas. Maybe a building company to put on their building site fences.
If they haven't sold it after 2 years, I get it back.:)

Valri Ary
03-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Connie, and whatever will you do with a canvas that big?? Do you have a place in mind for it??

connievanwinssen
03-15-2012, 04:33 PM
I have no clue whatsoever. But I have 2,5 years to come up with something:wink2:

Charlie's Mum
03-15-2012, 05:20 PM
You could build a 'board' at the bottom of the garden so you can view the painting from the house :D

I do hope some business concern buys it from you though :thumbsup:

Helen
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Kor, so glad you're feeling better...
Joy, the flowers are beautiful
Connie, I can see that in a corporate lobby... it is truly stunning.

Well folks, it's summer in Michigan. We never did have winter and here the first day of Spring it was 80F. People were actually in Lake Michigan, not just at the beach enjoying the sun but in the water. This is the time of year we usually bring in some Forsythia branches to force -- can't do that, they are all in bloom along with the daffodils. The thing is, this is Michigan -- we could have a snowstorm next week, one never knows. Meanwhile, we're outside enjoying it. I missed the snow all winter but am glad to see everything turning from dull brown and grey to green grass and colorful flowers.

artastic
03-22-2012, 10:52 AM
spring like weather here too, but still freezing in early morning, nothing is blooming yet, and the treebuds are just forming. The geese are back and some of the songbirds.
almost thiking about putting plates on my bike, but not yet (they are callinv for snow on the wknd

but nice to be walking around in a light jacket or sweater

kordelia
03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Helen... YES! you've voiced it... the confusion! wanting to enjoy all this with all yr heart, but having that apprehension that tomorrow may bring an ice storm!!! when my daffodils died off, my 2 secret irises bloomed... vinca is all in bloom... trees near the bank have always been the earliest bloomers EVER; they are so "46 seconds ago"... over, done, outta the shell... scarey... today my neighbor's dark blue car has the heavy cover of yelllow pollen; i may not even open my back(screen)door for air today....i'm barking again, but not 62 times an hour as before....
Bonnnie... yours sounds much more realistic... rejoice in THAT! my muse, PerSee, is back in town, but cant get her to alight! want to do SOMEthing but cant put my finger on it.... will let you know what we come up with....... have a good 'un............

Helen
03-22-2012, 02:21 PM
posting another photo... Warner's crib is in the sitting room next to our bedroom. Yesterday, he woke up and wanted out of his crib but he wasn't quite ready to get up so I rocked him in our rocking chair for a bit. Pretty soon he crawled down and went to his crib. One by one he pulled things out and moved them to our bed, finally asking for help getting up. Then he wanted our pillows uncovered... and here he rests on Grandpa's pillow
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Mar-2012/998-napping_on_the_big_bed_3_12.jpg
When he's done napping he hands me the pacifier. He also goes to the drawer where I keep it when he wants a nap.

Valri Ary
03-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure if this is the place to do this but it's really just all about us WEEDERS who have been around for so long....the rest of WC wouldn't make any sense to ask....
OK, so ask it, right??
Could we start a separate thread on here that asks the question "when did you discover your style and show a first piece of work when it happened and then post a few more as the style completely became your own"
I know so many of you just by your style and it would be great to find out what happened along the way to make it become YOURS.
I am sure I could look at work from about 15 regulars and name who's work it is without having a name attached.
Guess I'm just looking to get into everyone's brain a bit and find out how it came to be.
We all have a story and I'd like to find out yours and share mine.
So MODS and GUIDES...can we start a STICKY thread with this???

Helen
03-29-2012, 11:14 AM
I this this would be a good conversation Valri. But I really came in here today to wish you
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2012/998-32965-happybdayPopOutRabbitcake.gif

artastic
03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2012/104250-110446-birthday_2.gif

Have a great day Valri

connievanwinssen
03-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Happy birthday, Valri!:)

Valri Ary
03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Awwww....I love you guys!!! Facebook is all full of wishes and now here! My sons have called and text me as well as their gf's....but strangely enough not a single other family member has....what a bad family I have....ugh!
Out for lunch with a gf, dinner with a new friend (male) and then tomorrow a James Bond Party...can't wait to dress up!!
Turning almost 50 isn't so bad afterall....lol

bjcpaints
03-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Happy Birthday Valri! I don't have any fancy gifts or flowers, but I am so happy for you with your new job and future new house and all! :thumbsup:
Connie, You look great and the paintings are amazing - I would think the theme would lend itself to many kinds of health or civic organizations or businesses. Sure would look super in an Art supply store
too!
Helen, Warner is so huggable - makes me miss my G'kids so much.

Hi to everyone else here! I know I don't get on much anymore. I did take today off from work though. I took a day for myself to go over to Massachusetts to see the Everett Raymond Kinstler exhibit at the Norman Rockwell Museum. http://www.everettraymondkinstler.com AMAZING portraits - to see them in person was actually very emotional for me - Inspiring and humbling if that makes sense. I also learned a lot about Norman Rockwell and was amazed to find some serious portraits of his in a room off to the side. The main displays are, of course the paintings that his magazine covers are from. Anyway, I had a great day and just wanted to share. :wave: Back to work tomorrow, but today my mind and spirit soared.:)

artastic
03-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Valri- life begins at 50!!
glad you had a good day (what will you dress as for the JB party?
Barbara,what a gret day, we all have to take the 'me' day once in a while

thanks for the link.

missswiss
03-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes, Happy Birthday, Val.
Glad you are feeling better, Kor,
Hi Helen, Warren is really growing up. Such a cute young man.
Hi Bonnie, Connie,Maureen and any others that I may have missed.
BJ I remember when we stopped at Norman Raockwells museum. The day we were there we also got to meet three people who had been models for his paintings. It was so interesting. Glad you enjoyed seeing it too.
I think after being back home for over two weeks I am getting back in the grove. I painted several things this week, getting ready for a couple shows. Also started doing income taxes. Not a fun job and hate having to pay taxes on Social Security. Did that once, but that is not enough for them anymore. Grr. It would not be so bad if they run our country like we had to run our businesses, We would have been bankrupt years ago if we did like our gov't. does and they just keep on making more and more rules for us to live by, which is really getting to stink. Sorry will get off my soapbox.
Val, I was thinking of what you would like to do. It would be interesting to see what others would say. I am like you, there are some who you just know who painted them. I am not sure I have arrived yet, but maybe it would help to pinpoint what it took to see when others did. I will watch for this.
Have a good day all and hope to see you all more now that I am getting back in the groove. Have missed all of you.

Signchick
04-02-2012, 11:48 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15952002#post15952002

Signchick
04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
That link (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15952002#post15952002) is for April Weeders. :)

I don't have an edit button. ;)