PDA

View Full Version : Airedale Portrait: ready to send off

bluemoonstar
02-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Someone gave one of my Portrait Gift Certificates to the winner of a contest recently. Unfortunately this sweet dog died a few weeks ago, so its also turned out to be a Memorial portrait. I just emailed a preview to the owner, she said it was just perfect and made her cry. I really feel for her, its so heartbreaking to lose your pet. I hope this will bring back good memories.

Watercolor, 5x7
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Feb-2012/93432-PortraitOfMaggie-Web.jpg

Nonie Wideman
02-29-2012, 11:40 PM
a happy warm portrait..good job

evartpat
02-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Wonderful portrait...full of life and personality.

Jocundall
03-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Ahh that's sad. What a lovely memory for her, gorgeous portrait.

Bertoni
03-01-2012, 07:08 AM
A fine portrait, so sad about his passing.
Excellent work on his fur.:thumbsup:

chammi kaiser
03-01-2012, 09:30 AM
What a great memory for this delightful dog's owner. Like the background, the style and that 'happy dog' expression.

Kathrin G.
03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Lovely work :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am sure it will bring her lots of happy memories :grouphug:

Barb'sArt
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Very nice! love the looseness of your style on this! Airedales are one of my favorite breeds.

It's always sad to lose a beloved pet, I have lost several over the years. But none affected me more than the loss of my own Airedale, Andy, a couple of years ago. Andy lived to be 18.4 yrs. and had spent all of his life as my constant companion. Everytime I see a picture or painting of an Airedale, it still brings a smile to my face. Andy was such a wonderful character, I still miss him so.
Thanks for making me smile today, and bringing to mind the special bond I had shared with Andy.
I'm sure your beautiful painting will bring her joy and will be even more special now, as it memorializes her precious Airedale.
Great job!:) :clap:

bluemoonstar
03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Thank you, Nonie, evartpat, jocundall, bertoni, chammi, Katherin, & Barb-
I appreciate your comments very much.

I actually did one in pastel first, and that piece was fun & funky, but not what I wanted to send her owner. So I did this one, and hoped I captured her happy personality in a way that did her justice.

Barb - I've lost several furkids myself, and I still miss them every day too. glad this painting reminded you of your sweet Andy & brought back happy thoughts! 18.4 yrs...that's a long time together! : )

midcoast
03-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Great job and I'm sure having this portrait of her friend will be a warm reminder for the new owner of this painting!

Nancy

Kanielle
03-02-2012, 04:31 AM
It's so sad to lose a pet. You did a great job on this portrait.