Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Work in progress

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Here is my progress so far on this painting. I took out the paths and decided to go back to painting grass. I am still not done with it.

Shawn

jerryW
04-22-2003, 06:43 PM
resist the tendency to overwork
already it may have more detail than is required or desired in a painting.
photography is a different venue and illustration another entirely

a lot of great stuff has begun here.
simplify where it is too busy is my approach
i.e. cut the grass before it gets too long

designditz
04-22-2003, 07:21 PM
it reminds me of that famous artists work...of course i cant think of the name right now (blondes!) but you know it his? work... all the people in a park? with umbrellas and picnic stuff...anyways i do like it...it might be a tad busy... but thats okay too:)

Paintonbrush
04-22-2003, 08:59 PM
alot of good things going on here. especially the bark on the trees and that thar fence up yonder....;-) keep playing, turn it upside down and sideways....(maybe not this one) and go....(A Mr Dornberg bit of advice that I always like)

bocote
04-23-2003, 08:04 PM
I've got some likes and dislikes with this work. There are some inconsistancies between the textures and colors on the trees and background/foreground. I like either of the extremes, but together I am perplexed. Seurat is the painter I think designditz is remembering, but your painting doesnt have an oddly placed monkey in the mix :)

The composition works for me even though its a challenge ( 3 trees perfect triangle - fence even place in back).

have fun,

Bocote

artbabe21
04-24-2003, 03:17 PM
wonderful colorful bark on tress...agree w/Jer, something I have learned, 'less is more'...resist detail...:)