PDA

View Full Version : Tiger portrait in pastel

GaryNorthants
02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Based on a photo by David Stribling, asst soft pastels and pencils on Royal Sovereign, approx 40 x 50 cms. Serious critique and feedback appreciated as I would like to start to offer pieces to exhibit.
Best wishes
Gary

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Feb-2012/106728-Wip-6-finish.jpg

Dave Hawk
02-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Not much to sY this is an excellent presentation. Well done n all fronts. I do need to change that statement just a bit.

Nonie Wideman
02-29-2012, 11:50 PM
I really like the blue reflection in your white fur

Nonie Wideman
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
LOL I should have said the Tiger's white fur......the tiger's eyes are super...

bluemoonstar
03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Beautiful piece! I really like that the background is detailed but still "background" and doesn't compete with the tiger.

Only observation I have is that the top of his muzzle looks flat* compared to the beautiful fur texture everywhere else. Then again, it might just look that way on the computer screen.

Nicely done!

*maybe "flat " isn't the right word - it looks like it needs a little more definition as fur texture.

Bertoni
03-01-2012, 07:12 AM
One of the best pastels I've seen lately!! Totally superb!:clap: :clap:

Dave Hawk
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
For the detail shown I was able to see this on the computer this morning instead of my I Phone. The lower mouth and gums, teeth area, look a bit plain. I would dress that area up a bit.

chammi kaiser
03-01-2012, 09:23 AM
I think this is a terrific painting Gary. Only one thing that makes it look a little 'plastic' is that both bottom teeth are identical in size and colour - maybe make one a little jagged or something so that they don't look so 'perfect'. Just MHO . I love the work and am sure you will be very successful with its presentation. Would so like to see this IRL.