PDA

View Full Version : Jack Russell Dream-in

MKathleen
04-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Hi All:
Thought I'd like to share my newest painting with you as always I value your thoughts and suggestions. This is K. T. our Jack Russell Terrier in one of her quieter moments. lol
The size is 11" x 14" painted with gouache opaque watercolor on 300 lb cold press.
Thank you for looking,
Best,
Kathy:)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/5343-April2003.jpg

white-anubis
04-22-2003, 06:42 PM
awww so cute! such soft, fluffy sleepy colors! this is great!

Redsy333
04-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Oh this is gorgeous! I love the way you handled this:D Its great!

echidna
04-22-2003, 07:27 PM
so that's what jack russels look like when they're not moving:D very nice!
~Echidna

paintedhorses
04-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Great job!

Jeri

k9artist
04-22-2003, 09:39 PM
I love it!!...very expressive!!
Dana

MKathleen
04-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Hi:
Dana--Thank you

Jeri--Thank you too

Echnida--Thank you, those Jacks do have their calm moments K. T.'s breeder told me a happy Jack Russell is a tired Jack Russell.

Redsy333--Thank you

walerian--Thank you too, glad you liked the color effect I did too.

Thank you all again, for taking the time to comment and I love all of your Tinyheads. By the looks of them you all are terrific artists.

Best,

inkskin
04-23-2003, 12:02 AM
Hi Kathy!

How have you been? I see you made it to Arizona. I hope it went smoothly, it has been a while since I caught up with you.

K.T. looks terrific,but the Jack Russel that a friend of mine had a few years back was never this calm to my knowledge. He even ran in his sleep!;) Really, this is so nice!It would be wonderful to have a painting like this of your best buddy.This is a work of love.:)

Heather

MKathleen
04-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Hi Heather:
Hey girl gee it's great to hear from you also! Thank you, for your comments on my paining--thank goodness for the camera cause K. T. would never stand still long enough for me to do a formal portrait. lol
Boy do we love Prescott, AZ. what a terrific place been here 1 month--we close escrow on the new house in Prescott Valley May 9th can't wait. All our stuff is in storage and boy do I miss my clay--anxious to get back to it. I brought my gouache paints, a few brushes and some watercolor sheets with me and sure glad I did.
How are things with you still creating those wonderful sculptures I hope. I miss my 'Sculpture forum pals'.
Let me know if you plan a trip to see relatives maybe we can have a visit. I think we still have to put together that 'sculpt-in' don't we.
Best,

Peggy Gross
04-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Great job Kathy. We used to breed these little devils and now only have one named Ruby Tuesday who is about 11 years old and still going strong. Everybody is always afraid she will run up and bite them on the ankles, but not at all afraid of our big white german shepherd, can you imagine that?

Your guy is adorable and yes, they are best when sleeping.

Peggy

Paul Hopkinson
04-23-2003, 10:13 AM
I just love this! The only thing I'm not sure of is where the foval point is. I find my eye continually swaping from the dog to the lampshade.
Excellent work!

Paul

BTDogMom
04-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Heather- I've been meaning 2 tell u that I love your new tiny head!!!:clap: :clap:

Kathy-this is soooo cute, I love how you have handled the subject & I love how u put the chew bone on th couch http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2003/18803-laugh.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2003/18803-laugh.gif - my dogs know they r not s'posed 2 have toys on the couch (OH BIG mean Mom, most people don't let their dogs on the couch LOL- I had 2 make some sort of rule :confused: ), but every once in awhile I'll catch 1 of them on the couch asleep just like this with a toy near them on the couch, it's sooooo cute! Anyway I do LOVE IT!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

inkskin
04-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by BTDogMom
Heather- I've been meaning 2 tell u that I love your new tiny head!!!:clap: :clap:

Thanks! That is my baby girl(ok,she's 10 now). She is named Savik,a.k.a. Petite Desert Flower to her many fans, and is a fawn doberman.Love her so much!:)

mollydad
04-23-2003, 11:44 PM
what a great painting of your K.T. No doubt that will be the most comfortable chair in the house. I have never been able to photograph our miniature fox terrier as my camera speeds only go up to 1000 sec.! Small dogs have a charm of their own. Must try guoache, looks like an interesting medium.

MKathleen
04-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Hi Peggy:
Thank you, ahh I love the name you chose for your Jack Russell. K. T. is our second JR our first lived to be 13 years and such a love, she was the ruff coat short legged. Where K. T. is a smooth coat long leg JR. with much more energy than our first little Tootsie girl. When we bought Tootsie (1st.) we already had a large gentle spirit terrier and Shepard (animal rescue). It didn't take Tootsie any time at all to get Lady (big) wrapped around her little paws. So I know what you are saying....lol

Hi Paul: Thank you too, you know it's almost like having two focal points isn't it. I do thank it works because the composition is balanced. Maybe if the horse base of the lamp was lighter and not the dark color it would set K. T. as the focal point. Good observation.

Hi BTDogMom: Thank you too, K. T. usally chews a bit before nodding of to sleep. I don't like K. T. chewing on our leather couch with chews much--lol I did spread her blue rug on the couch as we're living on rented furniture until our move to the new house our own furniture will be a welcome sight.
I know so many times I've seen K. T. asleep in some cute position and thought gee I should take a picture of her. Well I actually stopped what I was doing and grabbed the camera. Sure glad I did!

Hi: mollydad: Thank you also--K. T. claims one of the three cushions on this couch for her self. After setting on it my husband and I have decided we much prefer the wooden rocker and recliner. So K. T. thinks she is the ruler of the couch. lol
Oh and I hope you will try gouache it's a wonderful medium if I can help just send me a PM. I also have a small gouache demo on my web site http://members.tripod.com/krobbins4art/

Thank you to all of you for your comments they are very much appreciated.

Best,