PDA

View Full Version : Quick one worked out ok?

Scitzo
04-22-2003, 04:49 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/12433-koolmees.jpg

30x40 cm w/n cotman

Hope you like it, ready for comments,

Scitzo

babybrush
04-22-2003, 04:51 PM
sometimes with watercolor the quick ones are the best. this certainly is true of this painting. love da little boidie

Bethany

CharM
04-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Isn't it the truth??? Lovely colour in your sky! Is he a goldfinch?

artmom
04-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Oh, this is so fresh! Bird is great:)

Lyn

cinnamon girl
04-22-2003, 05:00 PM
might need a stronger cast shadow on the stump from the bird and more color in the little worm. I like the background, but I think I'd crop a bit. Did an auto levels in Photoshop to show a suggested crop and darker darks (probably just your scan and the original is closer to this)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/10906-birdwetcanvas.jpg

I just think that with such a bright background, your subject would be more in silhouette. Sorry so many suggestions. I just think this one is so cute that it's worth the comments!

Gia
04-22-2003, 05:10 PM
nice one, I think I would have cropped off some of the tree trunk
though

M.A.
04-22-2003, 06:02 PM
I'd say it worked out *more* than okay ... it's lovely.

Scitzo
04-23-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by CharM
Isn't it the truth??? Lovely colour in your sky! Is he a goldfinch?
Thanks CharM, in dutch it's called a Koolmees, and a dictionary translates it with"great tit(mouse)" Hope this answers your question

Originally posted by cinnamon girl
might need a stronger cast shadow on the stump from the bird and more color in the little worm. I like the background, but I think I'd crop a bit. Did an auto levels in Photoshop to show a suggested crop and darker darks (probably just your scan and the original is closer to this)

I just think that with such a bright background, your subject would be more in silhouette. Sorry so many suggestions. I just think this one is so cute that it's worth the comments!
Thanks cinnamon girl, your right about the scan, its lighter than real, many thanks for your comments, the are appreciated.

Thanks fun2cook, Gia, Artmon and babybrush for looking!

rapolina
04-23-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by cinnamon girl
might need a stronger cast shadow on the stump from the bird and more color in the little worm. I like the background, but I think I'd crop a bit.

I agree, it would make the wonderful background stand out.
ciao, rapolina.
:clap: :clap: :clap: