PDA

View Full Version : Israel Photos

Darren
04-22-2003, 01:01 PM
I believe Fookie had mentioned an interest in subjects from Israel in a previous thread. I've posted a number of photos in My Gallery--Darren (at least I think that's where they went!?). Some of them may be interesting subjects for you--especially the market scenes. I would have put a link here, but I'm still learning my way around...baby steps...

(Sorry they weren't taken with a "painter's eye"--I didn't have one until 6 weeks ago...unless you could count housepaint/wallpaint...No, I didn't think so either.)

Enjoy the photos and I've enjoyed reading the threads the past week...thanks.

darren

lyn lynch
04-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Yes, I did!!! Thank you Darren, for remembering.

Pamps just taught me how to link-up so I try it here linking to Darren's RIL page and fingers crossed...

I think I messed that up. :crying:

BUT, on the brighter side: THANKS to our friend Tessp, I can now upload from the RIL!!! Thank you Tessp, big dog MAC know-how!

HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?ppuser=21499&cat=500&thumb=1&stype=2&perpage=12&sort=1)

[Edit 1 to correct error. HERE now links to Darren page.
[Edit 2 to say Bethany, Can click on Darren "profile" button and scroll to "view my reference pictures". Click on it and it brings you to a person's RIL]

babybrush
04-22-2003, 01:21 PM
can you give a link to the pics? i don't know where to look

Bethany

babybrush
04-22-2003, 01:27 PM
thanks fooks

Bethany

pampe
04-22-2003, 01:42 PM
wonderful, thanks

ain't that fookie a techie???

Sylvielu
04-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks Darren for pointing out the site of your Israel photos. My husband is Israeli from Tel Aviv and I enjoy looking at photos from there.

I bookmarked the page and I hope to do some painting from your photos. Thanks!

artmom
04-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Darren, nice photos--thanks for sharing. I love the one at the Cotton Market--with the golden light in there, it could be Aladdin's cave! LOL

Lyn

Darren
04-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Thanks for creating the link, Fookie--I'll get it with practice.

Sylvielu, if you ever decide to create from the photos, I'd love to see your work. I'm very new to this and haven't yet ventured from exercises on the web and books. One of these days, I hope to do the olives.

Thanks again to you all for sharing your experience and inspiration.

I just love this stuff!!

darren

CharM
04-23-2003, 10:59 AM
Wow Darren... Your photographs are wonderful!!!

Sylvielu
04-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Darren, I may try the one titled View of Tel Aviv from Jaffa. I have to study the photo awhile. Thanks for letting us use your photos as reference!