PDA

View Full Version : Red Barn

silysara
04-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone!! Hope you all had a nice Easter! I had a chance to paint after I returned from Ohio. I took several nice barn pictures and painted this. I got some bigger paper, (11X15) I also went to the craft supply and got some new colors!! Hard to decide what to buy. Good sale though!!

Critiques are welcome and what I'm here for!! You are all such good teachers!

Sara

PS...after uploading, the barn looks a little "wonky". I think it's because I took a digital pic instead of a scan. I don't think it realy looks like that....... maybe I'm just crooked??

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/18315-Red_Bard.JPG

magnuscanis
04-22-2003, 12:17 PM
The wonkiness of the barn is the only obvious problem with your picture, and you've already mentioned that. I often have the same problem taking photos of my work. The trick is to make sure the painting and the camera lens are parallel, but that's often easier said than done.

CharM
04-22-2003, 12:18 PM
Hi Sara... Can you try reposting your pic? I think you're right about the angles... The background looks like it might be leaning toward the centre also... What colour paint did you buy?

Yorky
04-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Here's a tip Sara - if you put the painting flat on the floor or on a low sttol and photograph it vertically, you'll find it easier to avoid perpective problems. That's what I do, and I take them outdoors if possible to get a better colour rendition.

Doug

Bill J
04-24-2003, 08:33 PM
follow he white door up to the barn roof. It should be under the roof line of the right side of the barn. There shoulds be a shade difference between the 2 sections of the barn. Hope this helps
bill

Strawberry Wine
04-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Sara: If you have a reference photo, greyscale it. I think the painting needs some darker values.

Thought I would say that before Pam gets here LOL

Otherwise I like the reds in the barnboard, and your sky looks like the cooler skys of early autumn.

Gail :)

M.A.
04-24-2003, 10:12 PM
I like your painting very much. I especially like the wonkiness of the barn, looks like old barns look when there's heavy weight such as snow on them. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.