PDA

View Full Version : Not so daily tail AKA Twyla needs to vent

ironhorse
04-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Hay gang;
I don't know if I should scream or cry right now?
It looks like the postal system has lost my watercolours Star and Henry!. They have been in the mail over a month and have not arrived to the owner.:crying: :crying: :crying:
I have never had this happen before. Thank the good lord I had the sense to insure it. I just hope now that I will be able to get the money out of Canada Post. So much for their tracking system being any good :mad:

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twyla.....crying in Calgary

pencils4me
04-22-2003, 11:24 AM
:eek: :eek: :mad: :eek:

Oh Twyla how dare they!!!!

so did they say "stop bugging us lady" ? they done tracking your pieces - thats it? How far were they to travel? Within Canada? (sorry short memory)

I'm just shocked. So glad you put the insurance on them, but still isn't that a limited amount? Not like it would cover the loss of two commissioned pieces i'm sure. (well not really sure?)

good luck

TJ

ironhorse
04-22-2003, 11:36 AM
They were going to Texas.
The lady on the phone was very nice actually. I just started the trace today. I had to wait till it was gone for a month before they let you trace it. I don't know how long I have to wait before they know if it's really gone. SIGH
I asked her what the chances of getting it back was. She said in her experiences slim to none.

:crying: :mad: :crying: :mad:
Twyla

pencils4me
04-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey Twyla-

maybe you could pick Malarkeys brain.... after all shes our resident ex-postal employee :D and shes full of all kinds of good information!

TJ

Crias
04-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Oh Twyla...SO sorry to hear about this! I hope they can find it! In my limited experience when things get lost, even if the do finally make it to their destination they are in BAD condition usually :( I hope they find it and it is fine. Yes good thing you insured it, but nevertheless money is never the same as the actual item you sent that is lost, especially when it has so much time into it. A real bummer :(

Jackmorgan
04-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Twyla, this is so awful, I just hope they turn up and they're ok. Nothing is worse to me than to have to do another peice, just like one I all ready did. I hope that doesn't happen. Do you know yet what will happen if they don't turn up? Do you think you can redo them ok? What a nightmare, I hope it has a happy ending and by some miracle they turn up!
Donna

echidna
04-22-2003, 12:52 PM
but...but...but...they were so pretty! darn postal system...
at least you had them memorialized on WC! would the owner accept a computer printout?:p good luck finding them!
~Echidna

BlackHorseDesign
04-22-2003, 03:28 PM
It's going to Texas? What shipping speed? Express or regular? I know snail between Canada and the USA is EXTREMELY slow right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up, unscathed, in another week or so. (I hope!!!)

artcrazy
04-22-2003, 03:48 PM
that SO sucks!:mad:

those were the most amazing paintings.............. keeping my fingers crossed they do show up soon:angel:

Lahree
04-22-2003, 03:56 PM
I am crossing my fingers they show up. I have had my family mail packages to me from Oregon to Texas that have taken well over a week and a half and that's when Mom pays for three-day shipping!

Check the local post office and see if they have any "new art" hanging on their wall!

Lori

Christie
04-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Twyla, I shipped something from Calgary to somewhere just out of Houston and it took over 8 weeks to get there.

Don't worry yet, it may be help up in an orange alert (or whatever it is that they are calling them).

Wingnut
04-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Oh Twyla... :( That just sucks. I'd say if they find it and know where it is, maybe tell them to leave it and find a WC member close enough to go check/fix any damage before its re-shipped? If its anywhere near Denver I'd be happy to do it! I just hope they can find it :(

crazeejumper
04-22-2003, 06:26 PM
That's awful! I have been fortunate in not losing anything yet, but I did get worried a couple of times when things arrived way later than I expected. Maybe they'll show up soon... Keep your fingers crossed!!

Ivyleaf
04-22-2003, 06:43 PM
((((((Twyla))))))) Don't give up hope. Christie sent me something a while back and I thought I was going to go crazy waiting for it to arrive. It took about 6 weeks to get from Canada to Indiana.

Even though you've insured it, I wouldn't give up hope that it's still in the mail, safely on it's way. Things have been incredibly slow to get from there to here lately. I can get things faster from overseas than I can from Canada at the moment! That's sad but true.

I do hope they show up for you!

:) :) :)
Ivy

paintedhorses
04-22-2003, 08:20 PM
:crying: :crying:

Oh, Twyla, what a loss! As has been mentioned, tho, they may show up yet. When we lived in New Mexico, a letter took 8 days to travel across town! Please keep us posted on this one!

Jeri

She-She
04-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Twyla, keep your spirits up that it will make it to it's destination. It's awful to think that it's lost. :crying:
I'll cross my fingers for ya if it helps... :D

ironhorse
04-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Thank you everyone!!!!!!!
You have given me some hope that all is not lost. It's made me feel tons better!
You guys are the best!!!
Twyla:cat:

lorna12
04-23-2003, 05:18 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too! Hopefully it will turn out to be just extremely sloooooow mail!

I just shipped a painting to a Gallery in Vancouver...I didn't even check to see if it arrived as I figured they would have notified me if it didn't. Now I'm wondering.........????:(