PDA

View Full Version : *~*~*Daily Wash - Tuesday April 22, 2003*~*~

mchew
04-22-2003, 02:28 AM
Hi guys,

I went to the library today and borrowed two books.

1) Answers to 50 of the Most Often Asked Questions About Watercolor Glazing Techniques by Don Rankin

2) Marvelous Murals Yon Can Paint by Gary Lord & David Schmidt.

MURAL??? you ask? Well, while browsing the books, my mobile phone went off to my embarrasment (forgot to switch to silent mode), dashed out of the building and it was Denlau (remember him... he still lurks around WC but haven't paint nor post since last year...lol)

Anyway, he knows a fashion designer who's opening a new boutique downtown and is looking for an artist to paint a mini mural the size of a window... theme of painting is Mexican and subject is a realistic painting of a window looking out to a garden setting... he will provide the reference.

He asked whether I can paint mural and frankly I wasn't sure but decided to give it a try. Hence, the book.... definitely a reverse technique... darks to lights like oil or acrylic, instead of lights to darks as in watercolor.

OK... I'm off to read the books.... Wishing everyone good health and happy painting.

Nandie
04-22-2003, 03:20 AM
Hey Marvin, what a great opportunity! Will you be doing it in oils or acrylics? Maybe you should also pick up a book on Trompe L'oiel (sp?) as well, if the guy is looking for a 3-d realism effect with the painting. Good luck!

Well I got out of my "creative lapse" today by going through one of my Tom Lynch books and deciding to learn how to paint ocean scapes. I'm having lots of fun and did one whole painting today and am about half way through a second one. Have to quit now, it's after midnight, so I can't wait to get up tomorrow and get back to it.:)

Hope everyone had a pleasant Easter - long weekend and is ready to get back to regular routine - hopefuly that includes painting! :cat:

Astur
04-22-2003, 03:40 AM
Hi:

another hard work day, working in a project plan (you know, duration, cost, precedents, priorities...). well, don't look very interesting :)

Last night a paint my first from my Oviedo pics, not so bad, I just post it for your reviews... I'm really happy because I just recive an Educational Ribbon here in wetcanvas, I'm reallly honored, thanks to moderators and Scott.

Marvin, it looks as a good oportunity, I think you have talent and skills to manage it, go ahead!!!

Nandie, ocean scapes are a beautiful and challenging subject, please share qith all of us your progress...

Have all a very good day. See you

Yorky
04-22-2003, 04:10 AM
Morning all!

Hey Marvin here's your chance for a career move. Let them know you are an expert painter, and have they any more work that you could do for them. Mural painting is a step in the right direction - better than accounting.

As I read it, Acrylic doesn't have to be dark to light - it just can be dark to light - the colour is mostly opaque. It's got to be easier than watercolour, but watch those brushes and paints don't go hard on you - keep them damp.

Glad you got movin' again, Andrea, 'fraid its not working for me yet - just getting together masses of reference material.

Congratulations on your medal, Hector, did you post your photos yet?

Cheers!

Doug

Astur
04-22-2003, 04:43 AM
Hi Doug:

yes, I'm posting photos, is a slow process that I'm sharing with my "MS Project adventures" :D , but you have ten pics upload right now, and I will continues on .... hope one of my pics can surpasse your "painting blocking", I feel my street scenes can feet perfectly your personal style, a lot of "good drawing skill" as your needed...

the link to my galleries

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?ppuser=3741&cat=500&thumb=1

See you

M.A.
04-22-2003, 06:21 AM
Oh sugar! I just found this thread ... it had been bumped way down on the list ... sorry ...

I'm on my way back to work today after a great vacation ... portrait exchange has been submitted and soon we'll be off to the races!

Will be thinking of you folks...

M.A.
04-22-2003, 06:25 AM
What's a minion?

CharM
04-22-2003, 06:43 AM
Good morning All...

Mary-Ann ---

Pronunciation: 'min-yun
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French mignon darling
Date: 1501
1 : a servile dependent, follower, or underling
2 : one highly favored : IDOL
3 : a subordinate or petty official

Now... LOL... All you WC Minions can "choose" your meaning of the word... Personally, I'd go with #2.

CharM
04-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Marvin... Seems you have an exciting challenge!!! Murals have become popular on buildings, here in Ontario... In the little town where my Son is posted, one of the buildings has a mural that is fully one block long... It depicts interesting people/events from the city's founding all the way through to the millenium baby's birth! Unfortunately, I don't have a photo because I couldn't capture the mural in its entirety. There are 26 murals in all. Here a just a couple examples, though:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/20514-mural1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/20514-mural2.jpg

While these are on the outsides of the buildings, I have begun to see murals painted inside, depicting events of the building or city.

ScarletLake
04-22-2003, 07:15 AM
Hi All

It's 7:15 am here in Ohio. Beautiful weekend but rain & cooler weather here now.

I wanted to post these pics. This is where I go for my watercolor group when I can make it.

My home town is called Tipp City. Original name was Tippecanoe from the phrase Tippecanoe & Tyler too an old presidential election slogan.

Photo 1 is my wc teacher Olive. Wonderful lady. Retireded Rn who has been painting for 40 years.

Photo 2 & 3 The old Hotel

Hope you enjoy these

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/17672-IM000148.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/17672-IM000150.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/17672-IM000154.JPG

Anita

artmom
04-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Good morning!

Marvin, good luck with the mural! You can do it:)

Nandie, glad you are out of your "creative lapse." I'm just playing around with very small studies--nothing I've tried has worked, but I'm continuing to put paint on paper.

Hector, thanks for posting more pics! & congrats on your medal.

Doug, you and I seem to be in the same black hole of "no painting." LOL I also have a stack of reference material!!

Mary Ann, congrats on your medal:)

Char, thanks for sharing pics. Our town is talking about a historical mural, too.

Scarlet Lake, charming pics!

Happy painting!

Lyn

Uschi
04-22-2003, 07:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Nothing exciting happening in my life today. Despeerately need to clean house but absulutely not motivated HA!

Marvin, hope you get that commission - I have come to the conclusion that you can paint absolutely anything you set your mind to!!!!
Hector, love your painting!
Doug, why not sign up for fun2's portrait exchange???
Anita - nice photos, but where are you???

Have a great day!!!
Uschi

AriadneArts
04-22-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by fun2cook
What's a minion?

F2C, I don't know the context your question is coming from, but the first thing that pops into my mind when asked "What is a minyon?" is the answer that it is the old, traditional requirement of 10 Jewish men gathered together in order to pray, often for an important occasion, i.e. someone's death.

In the old days (Orthodox only need apply) ONLY men could make up a minyon. Nowadays, in other movements (like Conservative) a minyon can include women. Previously, it often occurred that a daughter's father might have died, and she could not partake in the minyon necessary for prayers re: his death. Sometimes, then, there was not the "proper" (Jewish) rite or prayers performed on the occasion because there was not the requisite 10 observant men (minyon) to perform said ritual(s).

Oy vey, need I say more?

coffee_girl3000
04-22-2003, 08:12 AM
Good Afternoon!

Bright but chilly here...missing the Alpine heat and sun very much. Photos should be developed soon so I can finally get painting!

Been revising quite a lot, since exams are in a few weeks. Scary stuff but fingers crossed I'll do fine.

Hector, looked at your gallery, the photos show a very beautiful place. I particularly like the one of the man on the bench, before a nice orange wall. Maybe I will paint that one day.

Marvin, plenty of good mural and trompe l'oeil painters here I believe, I occasionally check the Tole/Decorative/Porcelain/China forum, that's full of amazing wall paintings. Ruth (not madmum :)) is very good.

Speaking of Madmum...where is she? I've been away and don't think I've seen her since!

mchew
04-22-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Uschi

Marvin, hope you get that commission - I have come to the conclusion that you can paint absolutely anything you set your mind to!!!!

You're too kind, Uschi.... **blush blush**:o

Thanks, everyone for your encouragement.

Char, Wow!... those mural paintings are HUGE!!! luckily, the one I might be doing is only the size of a window...

ScarletLake
04-22-2003, 08:19 AM
Hi all

Back again. Had to hurry & get those pics uploaded this morning before husband left for work in case I had trouble with this process.

Hope you enjoyed them. This building is located in our historical district & many are quite nice little old buildings with shops etc.

The room where we meet to do our art used to be a flower shop it has a hugh plate glass window in the front. Lots of windows around it is great for light. the florist shop relocated to another area for more room & now the owner of the shop uses it to showcase artists & you can also rent it out for special occassions & dinners. I just love it there.

Today I'm out early to go pick up some storage items for some things I have, to visit a wallpaper place to look for a border, to post office, office supply store etc.

Tonight will help son get college form finished for housing etc.

So I'm going to be busy.

Looking forward to husband going out of town on Thursday-Tuesday. Time to do some things for myself.

Talk to you all later

Anita

Little Old Lady
04-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Good day all! Still waiting for spring!
Marvin I know you can doti! When I first joined WC and traveled around more I remember several inside mural WIPs. I am sure someone can help you find them.
Painting group this morning. Hope to get something framed and delivered for Art League show.
Hope you all have a productive day and your slumpers unslump.
JoAnn

Strawberry Wine
04-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Good Day to All:

Raining and gloomy here in Ontario but the grass is definitely greener.

Sarah: Ruth was away on mini vacation. Should be back today I think.

Did she hook up with you Doug and Sharon?

Anita: I downloaded your pic re the front of the Gallery Hotel with bicycle. I would like to paint it (try) if it is ok with you.

Marvin: congrats!!!! Left you a message in your thread "Can I post here"

Mary Ann: Congratulations on becoming a Minion:clap: :clap: :clap:

I did another glaze on the rocks in my painting and added salt for texture. Just winging it with the salt technique. Will see how it turns out when I get home from work

Have a great day to everyone and will stop back in the wash later today.

Gail

mchew
04-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by coffee_girl3000
Marvin, plenty of good mural and trompe l'oeil painters here I believe, I occasionally check the Tole/Decorative/Porcelain/China forum, that's full of amazing wall paintings. Ruth (not madmum :)) is very good.

Yes, just spent the whole afternoon admiring her works... she's amazing!

ScarletLake
04-22-2003, 08:49 AM
Gail - Glad you enjoyed the pics. I tried like crazy when taking the shot to get that bike all the way in pic but a car was blocking my view. Should have moved the bike alittle for a better shot. It's the sotreowners & he wouldn't mind.

I thought it would make a great painting too.

One thing I did last fall was take a roll of black & white shots of some of the buildings downtown. I'm glad I did as I learn about watercolor they will be great for value. I may try to scan some of them & upload them too.

Might get brave & try the ref library too!!!!

Marvin - I belive that on the decorative site there is a muralist from Myrtle Beach South Carolina that has a web site. She is amazing. Have any ideas about a job yet or just seeing where the art will take you. I just mailed out another resume today.

Check back in later

Anita

Yorky
04-22-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Strawberry Wine
Sarah: Ruth was away on mini vacation. Should be back today I think.

Did she hook up with you Doug and Sharon?
Gail

Tomorrow (Thursday) is the big day, Gail, when I meet up with Madmum and family and Sharon at Wigan Pier, a themed museum based upon an old canal depot and a cotton mill with a working steam engine, and involving a short canal boat ride between the two. I recommend it if you are in the area. Here's a link: http://www.wlct.org/Tourism/Wiganpier/wiganpier.htm

I hope I'm getting through my slump, I started another painting today of Arundel castle based upon a screen grab from a TV programme. I'm going to take photos, so it may appear as a WIP if I finish it.

Anita! I'm a husband, and I've a good idea what you ladies get up to when we are away! :D Anyway, my wife thinks I'm so harmless she is letting me go to Montana for a week in June on my own to visit Pampe.

Look forward to seeing those photos, Sarah, and good luck with the exams.

Uschi - I couldn't do a portrait for toffee - there's no chance I'll sign up:(

Cheers!

Doug

pampe
04-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by mchew
Hi guys,

I went to the library today and borrowed two books.

1) Answers to 50 of the Most Often Asked Questions About Watercolor Glazing Techniques by Don Rankin

2) Marvelous Murals Yon Can Paint by Gary Lord & David Schmidt.

MURAL??? you ask? Well, while browsing the books, my mobile phone went off to my embarrasment (forgot to switch to silent mode), dashed out of the building and it was Denlau (remember him... he still lurks around WC but haven't paint nor post since last year...lol)

Anyway, he knows a fashion designer who's opening a new boutique downtown and is looking for an artist to paint a mini mural the size of a window... theme of painting is Mexican and subject is a realistic painting of a window looking out to a garden setting... he will provide the reference.

OK... I'm off to read the books.... Wishing everyone good health and happy painting.

Marvin, I did murals in New Orleans as a volunteer on all the walls of the dorms where kids lived in a Home for Childre...it was fun

You can paint BIG...and keep stepping back to see the results....used water-baased acrylics....

You will do great...just plan it out ahead on paper and BRIGHT COLORS...it's MEXICO!

MORNING, all

Still wired here so no swimmimng today :(

Doug..may be time for acupuncture

AND

I wondfer if zI should be insulted...that your wife thinks I AM HARMLESS TOO!!!! LOLOLOLOL :D

Have a great day, everyone

time for me to strat packing and get organized....started a pastel last night. but probably no painting today....

Pam

jageo
04-22-2003, 10:20 AM
"can't do a portrait for toffee"
I like that one. I don't think i can use it over here without too many odd looks.

Today I get to clean out a storage unit that the newspaper rented years ago and hasn't even opened in years. All my years of education... I'm so proud to have come this far! ;)

JA<-Off to work

M.A.
04-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Ah ... so *that's* what a minion is ... many ways to interpret
#2 is good :)

ScarletLake
04-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Doug

Hope you have a great time meeting Sharon & Ruth thursday.
Our town grew up along an old canal too. We have an actual canal boat in town. I'll have to have a look & try & get a pic of it for you.

I plan on getting into all kinds of trouble while my husband is away. My son's 18th birthday is Friday. I'm trying to think of something micheavious to do to him at school Friday. I am thinking of decorating his truck with a banner.

Saturday night I have dinner with a group of girlfriends who don't get together much. I keep in touch with all but one of them & I have been given name of social director or the one who holds the group together. Anyone the one I don't get to see will be in town this weekend. Having dessert here after dinner. I found a neat Lemon Chiffon Cake receipe that looks like it would be good with strawberries or blueberries on the side.

Hope you have a great visit with Pam in Montana ?? is it. Boy thats what we call God's country for sure. Beautiful place.

Wonder how Andy's weekend went in France.

Anita

al22
04-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi All..........going to paint today............NOT the kind I like......house needs touching up in a few places........... Get out the BIG brushes..........
Holy cow..........had to mortgage home today ..........lol.......order more wc paper............

Marv, good to hear things moving in right direction.......do a sketch in watercolor for us to see.......K?

Beautiful here, nice spring..............

.......................al

Olga
04-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi all,
Back to work today after a very lazy and long Easter weekend. Lots of things to take care of before I take off for Paris tomorrow. It's not all fun and games, though: on Thursday I have to give a talk there and I am a bit nervous. But then my husband and daughter join me for the weekend and it will be all play.
Hope to see the Chagall exhibit in the Grand Palais and the Michelangelo drawings in the Louvre... And walk around a lot taking pictures, so hopefully I'll have something to share when I get back :)

Marvin: Good luck with your mural project! I am sure you'll do a good job.

Looks like we will have lots of great new pictures in the Ref Lib with everyone adding new ones.

Pam--Hope that "wiring" is not too bothersome and that they will not find anything wrong. Have a good trip, too.

Off to cook some dinner...and if I am efficient I might get to paint a little bit tonight... I started on some lilies last night that I want to finish before they wilt as they surely will by the time I am back

Olga

mustcreate
04-22-2003, 11:59 AM
hello all!!

stopping by during a break between cleaning kitchen and doing laundry. so much to do to prepare my family for me leaving for almost two weeks. they are quite worried that they won't be able to cook a meal for themselves or do a load of laundry. :rolleyes: poor babies might have to eat take out :eek: :p lol

I am running out of time to finish up my florals I am giving as gifts to family while on vacation. :(

have a creative day

em

Nandie
04-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by pampe

Still wired here so no swimmimng today :(

Doug..may be time for acupuncture

AND

I wondfer if zI should be insulted...that your wife thinks I AM HARMLESS TOO!!!! LOLOLOLOL :D

Pam

Pam, I guess Doug's wife assumes that as long as you are "wired" with a possible heart condition that you should be pretty harmless....LOL!!

Em, just make sure you leave the can opener where they can find it!:)

pampe
04-22-2003, 01:37 PM
*HANDS ON MASSIVE HIPS*

I think Doug and I should be insulted.

PPPPPPshaw

Christie
04-22-2003, 01:38 PM
Good afternoon (almost)! I just managed to get to the computer.

Not too much has been happening. The girls are playing in the backyard because it is so warm outside.

I am trying to track down something to build picture frames for my miniatures. So, most of the morning has been on the phone trying to track that soemthing down. :D

My mum had a stroke on the weekend, so we are waiting for results of tests and doctor's visits. So far, there is no sign of any serious problems, but we'll know more in a few days.

With luck, some painting will happen tonight, but I actually have to work this afternoon, so I'll get through that first. :)

al22
04-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear of your Mum, Christie......happend to my Aunt this weekend also......
........al

lyn lynch
04-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Morning all washers.

{{Pamps}} sending strong heartbeats to you, telling them to by-pass liver [mine--not yours]

Shim and I finished up the heavy outside work yesterday. Went to doggie park in afternoon and he got beat up again. Finally I take him to another part for a rest. When some of the doggie leave I go back. Little pug who Shim LOVES tries to dog-handle him w/o the pack and Shim cowers and finally shows his teeth and pug tottles off. Shim learning. I do a bit of show-off with "Sit" "lie down", which none of the others dogs trained to do. Shim also ONLY dog who comes immediately when called. Good boy.

I painted some more last night, probably to point of overdone. but I'm having fun. BIG, BiG thanks to Tessp would is MAC pro and figures out what I need do to download correctly from RIL. I chuffed.

Another doc appointment this afternoon. Cerulean sky but chilly wind in AZ. That's OK, so outside be like inside of 400 degee oven, and that's no fib.

andylavallee
04-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Hi All, barly made todays wash but hey.. Ive been now, Ive come back!!!. Had a lovelly break in France. more tomorrow time for a quick splash in the bath and off to the pub for some real falling down water!!! Wines alright but i get a head ache by the fifth pint:D ...(joke)
see ya tomorrow

rks
04-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Past the noon hour, but ...
Marvin, best of luck with your mural project! If you do a sketch, please post it for us.

Pam, hope you'll soon be 110%. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation (great career!) and safe travelling.

Em, safe trip to you too. Your family will survive.

Andy, welcome back. Sure missed your starting the Daily Wash.

Auntie, Shim is still a youngun - will take a bit until he can play big dog with the others. But he sure is a good boy to obey you.

Andrea, looking forward to seaing your seascapes. LOL

Hubby's portrait coming along well. Hope to post it later this week.

Roberta

artmom
04-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Andy!!! Welcome back!!! I've missed you!!! Hope you had a right old time--:D

Lyn

Uschi
04-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Pam :*HANDS ON MASSIVE HIPS* - that's a lie, I saw your picture!!

Doug: You didn't know how to paint flowers either and look how good you got!!!!

My Austrian neighbour came to visit and brought one of her friends, a watercolourist, so gave her WC address. They stayed 4 hours. Well, that was my excitement for the day:D
Uschi

pampe
04-22-2003, 04:22 PM
WHAT PICTURE???????????

you only saw my head....;)

ScarletLake
04-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Christie - So sorry to hear about your mom. Hope that their is not too much damage & she recovers soon.

Al - Sorry to hear about your aunts stroke as well. Good wishes coming her way.

Fookie - Hope your Dr. appt. goes well.

Pam - Hope the monitor can detect what has been troublong you too.

Doug - Take care of you sciatica

That should just about do for our group.

Anita

M.A.
04-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Yup, today has been busy getting back into the groove of things at work and launching the watercolor portrait exchange.

'nuff surfin' more painting for me!

Yorky
04-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Sometimes I get emotional reading the Wash. The way people look out for others and give emotional support and practical help.

When one sees all the horrible things going on around the world, its heartening to know that there is a wonderful group of people out there doing their best to keep humanity on an even keel.

Well, got that off my chest!:rolleyes:

Andy, welcome back - we've missed you! Look forward to a photo explosion from you and Sarah. :D

Fookie, hope things work out with the doc. Give Shimmie a hug for me.

Bionic Pam, :music: you're going down to the rainy city :music: My son Peter has business there occasionally. Have a good trip - hope you get that rare sun :D

Uschi - the best I could do would be to trace a photo and then "painting by numbers" ;)

Night night

Doug

AriadneArts
04-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Hi Christie,

Some years ago, my mom had a stroke and didn't even know it. She woke up (was living alone by then as we three had flown the nest and begun our own families) and was just fine. Proceeded with her day as usual until her phone rang. She picked it up and said . . . NOTHING! She was trying to say "hello" but had no voice. That really scared her and she went to emergency. She had had a mild stroke while sleeping the night before, and I guess from the ECG they could tell she had had one before the present one. She was totally unaware having the stroke or of any debility connected to the first one.

Long story short, her voice returned (we "kids" made a lot of jokes about that one, you can imagine :D) within 48 hours and she was out of the hospital 2 days later, none the worse for wear. She lived many years after that stroke incident. She is no longer with us now, but she had no further strokes and her cause of death was not at all stroke related. So while it can be sooooooo scary, there is a lot that can be mitigated re: further strokes. My feeling from your post is that it wasn't a "serious" stroke (if such a thing can be said ;)).

My best thoughts and prayers go with you and your mom.

Uschi
04-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by pampe
WHAT PICTURE???????????

you only saw my head....;)

Ha!!! That's what you think. Saw one where you were showing off with the gorgeous scenery, standing on dock, NARROW HIPPED!!!! lake and mountains behind you.
Uschi

sweetbabydill
04-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi everybody. I was wondering if there has ever been a recipe exchange among Wet Canvas members. I think it would be kind of neat to exchange favorte recipes amongst each other. Although I'm not much of a cook myself, I prefer to eat other peoples cooking. Hee, Hee.
Carolyn

Christie
04-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by AriadneArts
Hi Christie,

Some years ago, my mom had a stroke and didn't even know it. She woke up (was living alone by then as we three had flown the nest and begun our own families) and was just fine. Proceeded with her day as usual until her phone rang. She picked it up and said . . . NOTHING! She was trying to say "hello" but had no voice. That really scared her and she went to emergency. She had had a mild stroke while sleeping the night before, and I guess from the ECG they could tell she had had one before the present one. She was totally unaware having the stroke or of any debility connected to the first one.

Long story short, her voice returned (we "kids" made a lot of jokes about that one, you can imagine :D) within 48 hours and she was out of the hospital 2 days later, none the worse for wear. She lived many years after that stroke incident. She is no longer with us now, but she had no further strokes and her cause of death was not at all stroke related. So while it can be sooooooo scary, there is a lot that can be mitigated re: further strokes. My feeling from your post is that it wasn't a "serious" stroke (if such a thing can be said ;)).

My best thoughts and prayers go with you and your mom.

Thanks. it does not look serious and she sounds better today than she did yesterday. She is still planning a dinnerfor everyone on Sunday despite my best efforts to change her mind. The kids will provide the food and she can provide the house! my dad is a mess, but he'll cope as well.

My family tends to die of massive strokes, so this is a warning more than anything else (I hope).

I liked the story of your mum's voice. :D

pampe
04-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by sweetbabydill
Hi everybody. I was wondering if there has ever been a recipe exchange among Wet Canvas members. I think it would be kind of neat to exchange favorte recipes amongst each other. Although I'm not much of a cook myself, I prefer to eat other peoples cooking. Hee, Hee.
Carolyn

Carolyn..you might post this idea in CAfe Guerbois..I think that wouldbe the right place.....good luck

we did trade biscotti recipes a while back :D

Christie
04-22-2003, 08:22 PM
We have a thread somewhere with some amazing recipes in it. I'll look for it and post it.

sweetbabydill
04-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Thanks Christie and Pampe.