PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for me.. and my Children!

shedreamsbig
04-22-2003, 02:21 AM
I am sorry but I consider all of you to be my family so please pray that I will be able to make it through this horrbile time.

I got a call from the police today, my husband is in terminal condition in an Orlando Hospital. We have been seperated for a little while it was a bad marriage but he was a good father when he was around. I hadn't heard nor seen him in a week. I thought he left state.

Well, I have to make the deicicion to take him off life support. He has suffered a horrific brain embelisum and it is terminal. He is thought to become brain dead in the next few days if not before. He is in a coma now. He is only 29 years old.

I am only sharing this with you so that you may pray, My children will never see there father again. they are only 3 and 5. I am an emotional wreck, I won't be posting for a while. I really could use the Prayers of all you, I am not doing well right now.

God Bless you all, Christina

gnu
04-22-2003, 03:13 AM
((((((((((((((((((((Christina)))))))))))))))))))):crying:
Oh I feel so for you...what an aweful experience to have to go through...remember, God is with you whatever happens, this was no surprise to Him.. ...Just one step at a time..will be praying for strength for you....
Gill

Peggy Gross
04-22-2003, 05:31 AM
I am so very sorry for you in this situation. God never gives you more than you can handle. You will get through this. I know everyone will pray for you.
Peggy

Suzy78
04-22-2003, 06:29 AM
HUGE HUG!

We will all keep you in our prayers, Christina, and wish you and your children strength in this time of great sorrow. Try to take strength from those around you and your family so that you can continue to be a wonderful and loving mother to your children. God bless, and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Suzy

ironhorse
04-22-2003, 09:15 AM
(((((((((((CHRISTINA))))))))))))
Hang in there girlfriend!!!
Twyla

rapolina
04-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Peggy Gross
I am so very sorry for you in this situation. I know everyone will pray for you.

I'll do too; I'm also a separated mother, so I can just imagine your horrible and troubled situation.very hard and sad.
My heart is with you and your children.
love, rapolina.

Artful-equine
04-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Christina --

I'm so sorry for you and your children. Please know that I am thinking of you during this horrible time and please keep your faith strong.

Kim

Lahree
04-22-2003, 09:34 AM
What a horrible situation to have to go through. You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I will add your name to our prayer chain at my church. May God give you comfort in the coming days.

Lori

pencils4me
04-22-2003, 11:26 AM
((((((christina))))))

TJ

Christie
04-22-2003, 11:39 AM
I will also keep you and your family in my thoughts.

This is a terrible thing to have happen and my heart aches for you and your children.

myorca
04-22-2003, 11:39 AM
Christina, I am sorry to hear of the news you posted. I will be keeping your children, you and your husband in my prayers.

bob

Jackmorgan
04-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Christina, you have my thoughts and prayers for this hard thing you have to do. Know that you have friends...I'm so glad you know the Lord, He'll help you through this. Donna

Line
04-22-2003, 12:28 PM
*silence*

I don't really know what to say... :( I've seen you around here alot, and I'm a big fan of your art. This is really sad news... :( My thoughts go out to you and your family *hugs*

echidna
04-22-2003, 12:32 PM
christina-
i am so sorry for your loss. what a horrible shock hearing the news must have been... remember that you are amongst friends here, and sometimes the best way to heal is through expressing your feelings. good luck and best wishes
Sara

stalksthedawn
04-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Christina I'm so sorry. many thoughts and prayers go out to you and your children.

BTDogMom
04-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Christina! :eek: ((((hugz))))

OMG, I am so sorry to hear this, even though your marriage did not work out I know that u still loved him, maybe not as a husband but as a father. My heart truly goes out to you. I will pray 4 u, I'm not going pray for him to live or die, I am going to pray that you are strong enough to make the right decision. It is such a terrible choice to have to make. If he dies they won't see him again, but if he lives, he may not recognize them, or be catatonic, it's just awful. I'm so sorry this has got to be so scary. :( :(

BlackHorseDesign
04-22-2003, 02:43 PM
I don't know what to say, except {{{{HUGS!!!}}}

Crias
04-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Christina-

You and your family will be in my thoughts through this trying time. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

white-anubis
04-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Oh NO! *HUG* I will be thinking about you, and so will everyone else in my little arty circle! Take care!

artcrazy
04-22-2003, 03:45 PM
hugs and love to you and your babies, Christina :(

Wingnut
04-22-2003, 04:28 PM
I can't even imagine what you must be going through :crying: just know your online "family" is here if you need us. (((HUGS)))

Five
04-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Christina, My heart goes out to you. I am kind of season in sorrow, so I am sending you some of my strength. Maybe in a few days you will have more information on which to base your decision.

With Love,
Five

crazeejumper
04-22-2003, 06:39 PM
I am sooo sorry to hear your tragic news. I haven't had to deal with anything like this, so I can't say I know what you're going through. I just know it must be the worst feeling in the world, but you can get through it! Be strong for yourself & your family! If you need support, just come here anytime.

Redsy333
04-22-2003, 06:52 PM
Here for you thru good and bad!My thoughts go out to ya!!
Redsy

MonicaB
04-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Sending thoughts of strength and love to you and your family.

paintedhorses
04-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by gnu
((((((((((((((((((((Christina)))))))))))))))))))):crying:
Oh I feel so for you...what an aweful experience to have to go through...remember, God is with you whatever happens, this was no surprise to Him.. ...Just one step at a time..will be praying for strength for you....
Gill

I couldn't say it any better than that.

Jeri

Night Horse Studio
04-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Christina,

I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie

Axl
04-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Praying for you, your family and him ((((hugs))))

inkskin
04-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Christina,

Please know that I am thinking of you.I can't imagine what you are goining through, but I know it will be very hard for a while .Please stay strong.

Heather

Crystal Owl
04-22-2003, 10:26 PM
(((((((((((Christina)))))))))) Hugs for you , your husband and your children, will pray for all of you. Wishing you strength in this difficult time.

IRene

shedreamsbig
04-22-2003, 11:52 PM
I did not get back home last night till 3am and Ileft to go back there at 10 am this morning. There has beenno change in his status. He remains in a coma.

Please pardon the gore but the best way to say it is strait. I am having to call the shots for his care,so I have signed the papers requiered to remove support.I am rally loosing it,I have just got in and I have triedto be strong all day but it has really taken me now that I am at my Mom's house.

Three Doctors confirmed today that he is not going to recover. The only part of his brain that is semi functioning is the brain stem. because of the massive amount of Pressure from the Embelisem (I finally asked the doctor for the right word for it today) Anthony is not able to function on his own nor will he be able to breath without the life support and should the presure grow more he will become Brain dead. I have decieded that It should be God's decission not mans. SO I have given the conset to to do what we all agree is best for him, remove the life support and put his life in Gods hands.

I so appreciate you all, I don't have many friends and I have been dealing with this all alone today. (EXCEPT of course for the Comfort of God.) His parents are contestingmy dessicion so I don't know what will happen now. I just want him to die peacefully and bound to this earth by mans machines. this is what he would have wanted. He was a good father who loved his children very much!!! I know that he is needing the peace, and I know that he will watch over us from heavan!

I cannot express how much you all mean to me! Thankyou for your comfort and prayers is this time of great sorrow.

It is all most 12midnight I must try to rest. God Bless you all!

Christina

P.S. he is in the Florida Hospital of Orlando, in the Unit #5200 of the Neurolgical ICU room #5215.
If any one cares to know.

Lynxes123
04-23-2003, 12:51 AM
I'm so, so sorry! I will say a prayer for you and your children. Hugs to you and your family.
Lynxes123:cat:

Pippin
04-23-2003, 01:02 AM
Christina,Very sorry to hear your sad news.You have made a courageous decision.Sending love to you and your family.

lorna12
04-23-2003, 04:40 AM
Christina, I'm am so sad for what you and your children must be going through. I will keep you in my thoughts and know that with your belief in God, you will find the strength to get through this very difficult time.
((((((((((you and your children))))))))))
:crying:
Remember, we're here for you.

rapolina
04-23-2003, 04:41 AM
I admire you for your coragious decision, it should be so difficult... I go on praying for you all.
hugs, rapolina.

Paul Hopkinson
04-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Christina I've just read all of your replies here. You said earlier that you don't have many friends around where you live but as Wingnut rightly said " Just know your online "family" is here if you need us. (((HUGS)))"
You have here the biggest family you could ever wish for, we may not be with you in person but we are just an e-mail away.

Now after reading all of these posting you can see that many people here love you and care for your well being. We all want you to be able to cope with the serious decisions you have to make and we know that with our and Gods love you can!

Take great care of yourself and your children as you now know we are all thinking about you and wish to help in anyway we can.

Love and hugs
Paul

BTDogMom
04-23-2003, 01:35 PM
Christina, We r here 4 u. I think u have made a very difficult yet noble decision. I think it's sad that his parents want 2 overturn your decision. Do they want their son 2 live yet be soulless, I think it's horrific that it has turned out 2 b worse than what they initially thought. I also know that they r going though a tremendous amount of stress and pain, but letting go is sometimes the less selfish, even though it is harder. I pray 4 u and I really hope everything turns out 4 the best. Please 4give my ignorance but is a brain embellism something caused by a kind of accident, like a car or motorcycle?

Jazz
04-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Dear Christina,

I don't know you and you don't know me but I read your initial message and I felt the need to let you know that I had to make the same decision for my daughter when she was only ten months old. This was over nine yrs ago now but I can remember every detail like it was yesterday.

The only comfort I can offer right now is that believe in the decision you have made, it was the only course open to you and it is the right one for your children, who are now the most important issue in this tragedy. I know you would not want to prolong the agony for them, even though they are really too young to understand fully.

If you need to share your fears or worries over this decision feel free to PM me, I will get back to you as soon as I see the message -OK? I am truly sorry that you have had to make such a heart wrenching decision but like I said you must believe it is the right one to make, whatever his parents think. They are just hurting and trying to hang on to the memory of their son, understandable -I know how I felt making the decision about my daughter, she was brain stem dead due to lack of oxygen. So the situations are very similar with regards to chances of survival being nil.

My thoughts are with you and your children, please PM me if you need to talk I will listen anytime!!

Love and hugs,

Ali.

Arcanjo
04-23-2003, 05:33 PM
:( ««««««««««««««««««««Cristina»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
I will use all my energy to help you through this terible life experience. BIG HUG

white-anubis
04-23-2003, 08:01 PM
I have many people here praying for you. You are always in my thoughts.

kayek
04-24-2003, 01:05 AM
((((Christina)))))
I am so sorry,as a single Mom, Have been thru similiar / very close. altho nothing quiet 'this Tragic & devastating' times before.... My wishes and prayers, are with you and hope that situations are soon uprighted and going your way !
Hang in there, it can be done,,and done well. This I lknow for sure.
Kaye

Caron
04-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Christina, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your children. Stand strong and true and God will comfort you. I wish you peace at your most difficult time.

Caron
04-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Christina, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your children. Stand strong and true and God will comfort you. I wish you strength and your husband peace at this most difficult time as well as understanding acceptance for his parents.
God be with you all

Leslie Pz
04-24-2003, 09:36 AM
((((((Christina))))))))

Please take care of you and your precious children. You are in our thoughts!
-Les

shedreamsbig
04-27-2003, 12:20 AM
I would like to thank all of you indivually but I that would be too hard right now. So I will say thank you to all of you at once!

(((((((THANK YOU!!))))))))

I am sorry that I haven't posted sooner but I just could bare to come and read this thread. (It is very emotional to think that you all are such great people! Thank you)

I have taken the time to read each and every responce. I send my love to each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers. It has been hard but I have not been alone through this I would just like to also thank God for carrying me through this very difficult time. I didn't have to live with the dession I made to take him Off Life Support. God took him the next day at aprox. 12 noon. God had a plan all along! I am so greatful that the Lords hand took the presure of me and the dessision I had made!

I did sign for him to be an Organ Donor, though. His untimely death at the age of 29 was NOT a waste of life!! God took him so that Four other people might live and live because of ANTHONY"S Organs!! So praise the Lord that he is living in 4 different people in Tampa and Orlando!

I am at peace with his passing as much as I can be. I just know that it was the prayers and thoughts of all of you and others that helpped me through this time! I can't think of not having the Wet Canvas! This place is such a blessing and source of encouragment!! I LOVE THE WC and all the members that make this place what it is!! LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS!! I don't know what I did before I found this place but I tell you all now, I don't ever what to leave! YOUR ALL STUCK WITH ME!!;)

Again thank you! Chrisitna

I have attached a photo of Anthony with my daughter Cassidy when she was 7months old. Sadly this is the only photo I have of him with her and I have none of him with my son:(

gnu
04-27-2003, 12:34 AM
Christina...what a lovely photo....it is sad that your son is not in it...maybe at a later date you or a friend could play in photoshop or similar programme and add him??
I am so glad that Anthony's unselfish wish has benefitted others...
and am glad that the siuation did not drag out or become bitter....
You no doublt will have many conflicting emotions over the next few weeks...know you are cared for...
Gill
God Bless

lorna12
04-27-2003, 01:16 AM
I can't think of a thing to say that hasn't already been said. Just know that I'm here and thinking of you and your children.

The photo is a lovely one and I'm sure your daughter will treasure it when she is old enough to understand. As gnu said, perhaps your son can be added to it, too.((((((you))))))

Lynxes123
04-27-2003, 02:11 AM
I am so sorry, 29 is such a young age. I know sometimes we don't know what God has planned for us. Be strong for your children. Your daughter is precious!! It seems like only time passing by can ease a hurt that bad. I'm really sorry.
Lynxes123:cat:

Paul Hopkinson
04-27-2003, 07:51 AM
You say we are stuck with you, well guess what? You are stuck with us as well!
Keep well,

Paul:D

white-anubis
04-27-2003, 11:03 AM
You know you did the right thing and good came out in the end. You saved the lives of four people. Bless you!