PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Street Shop

Astur
04-22-2003, 01:43 AM
Hi:

Watercolor and ink, on Papelar handmade paper, full sheet (76x56 cm), from a pic I made in Fontan Market, Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/3741-fontan_paraguas.jpg

Well, I began to paint from my new digital camera pics, and choose that colorist scene. Despite my usual perspective problems (building on the right is near falling :D ) and some focal problems ( center figure is not as "pop" as I want ), I feel good with that one. I think I begin to manage properly colors on that "color-eating" paper, and ink lines aids me a lot in have proper colors and contrast.

Thats are my feeling, but I'm sure you can see a lot of things in that complicate subject than can help me in futures versions. Please let me know. I really apreciete your comments, critiques and advice. Thank you very much in advance

See you

Yorky
04-22-2003, 03:49 AM
You're very brave tackling such a complicated subject, Hector, but at viewing distance for a large picture it comes over great.

I love impressionistic style, the glow you got in the sky and the mass of sggested detail on the stall.

Regarding the perspective, I think if you raised the height of the left hand building a little it would make it clear that there is a gap between the two buildings.

Doug

ripvanblair
04-22-2003, 05:45 AM
Hector this is a very complicated painting and you've got the right start apart from that building, can you lift out some of the columns vertically and I think it needs a bit more colour in it, I did a quick paint job to let you know what I mean, hope this is OK --------------Alan

M.A.
04-22-2003, 06:27 AM
Hector, I love the colours in this painting. Your reference images are inspiring. The impressionistic style is wonderful.

Nitsa
04-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Oh I like this, that person in the centre really appears to be browsing!!!
I love it as it is but agree the building on the right looks a little TOO odd so maybe you could simply cut it out?

Nitsa
04-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Oh I like this, that person in the centre really appears to be browsing!!!
I love it as it is but agree the building on the right looks a little TOO odd so maybe you could simply cut it out?

Lise
04-22-2003, 07:08 AM
This is so fresh and spontaneous looking. Wonderful colors. Like it very much. Just wondering how it would look if a little of the top were cropped, centering the focus more on the market, but retaining some of the pretty turquoise building?

Lise

CharM
04-22-2003, 07:21 AM
Astur... You really enjoy a challenge! Yes, your building is leaning in... Yes, your browsing guy is not centred...

The ink looks good on your colour eating paper... The overall effect of this painting is quite beautiful! You should be pleased with it.

How sturdy is your paper? I agree with Alan's suggestions, but can you lift colour from it without damage?

els
04-22-2003, 07:30 AM
Very good Hector...

artmom
04-22-2003, 07:31 AM
Hector, the colors are great in this work! Very evocative scene.:)

You already have good suggestions, so I'll just say--I like it!

Lyn

Uschi
04-22-2003, 07:36 AM
This is great Hector!!! I like it a lot!!!!! If you crop it just a bit above the entrance, (doorframe, or is it a window frame) you lose the falling building but lose nothing of the painting.
Uschi

Little Old Lady
04-22-2003, 08:46 AM
Nice loose and colorful If you can not lift per Alans suggestion maybe you can go in with gouache.
JoAnn

babybrush
04-22-2003, 08:55 AM
glad you are painting your lovely photos. this is great. very bright and wonderful sense of atmosphere. you already noticed the few problems it has, so i will simply praise it.

Bethany

Astur
04-22-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi:

thank you very much for your comments and advice.

Alan, thanks for the work, I see, probably, as JoAnn comment, I can add somme gouche for highlight some areas, but probably I try another different one trying to save more whites for contrast.

Very interesting the croping suggestion, I can see that improves the composition, see yourself..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2003/3741-fontan_paraguas_cortado.jpg

well, I plan to painti another diferent view, from that pic

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=14090

hope my buldings will be more "vertical" :evil:

see you

surreal
04-22-2003, 11:08 AM
Excellent impressionistic style!