PDA

View Full Version : Peacock

Elven Prince
04-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this wildlife forum (I think my first post here), but I just finished this peacock and I wanted some opinions on it. The sky still needs some work along with the tail, but other than that what do you guys think?

She-She
04-21-2003, 11:51 PM
A lovely piece Prince! My only suggestion is I would like to see more blues, & purples in his tail. I also think his tail could be longer. JMHO. :)

Elven Prince
04-22-2003, 12:46 AM
Thanks She-she! In the origional picture that I drew it from, the tail was longer, but if I drew the same length it would go beyond the borders of the paper. ( I just thought it would look kinda awkward, but I dunno) After I posted the picture, I realized some shading that needed to be added, so while I'm doing that I'll put more purples and blues in the tail. (your right it does need it):)

lorna12
04-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Hi and welcome!

I think you have a good start here and agree with she-she about more blues and purples in the tail, but would also add a bit of greenish blue and purple to the neck. From your scan I would say that your light source is from our right? If so, the right side of the neck should be lighter than the left, to give it more of a curve or roundness.

Hope that helps:D

Elven Prince
04-22-2003, 12:59 AM
Thanks Lorna! The right side of the neck should be lighter than the left, to give it more of a curve or roundness. After I posted the picture I noticed what you just told me. So I went back and "tweeked" it a little. I'll re-post the picture later. Thanx again!:p

pencils4me
04-22-2003, 02:13 AM
Hey there!

Welcome!

Oooooooooooooo another peacock!!! One must have escaped from the peacock house over in the projects! :D

a while back someone started a peacock or peahen project... you'll find quite a few posted in the project area. You can add yours to the coop when yer done!!!

What kind of pencils and paper are you using? I agree you probably need to add some highlights, along with the other adjustments you find necessary.;)

good luck!

TJ

Elven Prince
04-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Hi Pencils4me!What kind of pencils and paper are you using? I'm not real fancy. The paper is some out of one of my lower quality sketchbooks and the pencils are crayola.:D I'm going to do some more work on th picture and re-post later today!:D :) :p :cool: :cat: :angel:

Elven Prince
04-23-2003, 12:39 AM
Ok I worked on it more, using all of your tips (as best I could) along with some from the cp forum! What do you all think?