PDA

View Full Version : Arab in acrylics

Line
04-21-2003, 12:20 PM
Quite happy with this one... :) What do you think? :)

I think it's 10x8 inches

Paul Hopkinson
04-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey Line what a great pose! This one has come out really well, I can see why you are happy with it!:clap:

Paul

Line
04-21-2003, 01:21 PM
Aww thanks! :) I hope I'm at least getting somewhere?...

shedreamsbig
04-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Wow you are showing a lot of improvment and learning with this one Line!! great job! If you want a cirtique, I will give one. If not that s fine too!! just let me know!

Christina:D

Line
04-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Shedreamsbig, I know you are an awesome equine artist :D I'm sure any advise and critique from you would be useful ;) Go ahead ;)

shedreamsbig
04-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Awsome??? Huh, thats a first!! (lets see if I can see straight with a swollen head!! LOL:D ) thank you for the complimet Line but It wasn't long ago I was in your shoes!! I am still learning too!

Ok since you asked for it!!;)

I think you have done a wounderful job first off!

1. the ears are good but a wee bit short maybe about half a length longer to make them more realistic.

2. the rump is great! But it looks detatched from the front of the horse. try to use a shading line to attatch the two areas also some shading behind the horses right sholder in the arm pitt area my help define the area better.

3. the horses head looks really good the best I have seen from you !!! Great job! But try and make the horses chin more seperate in color from the rump. it will help with the over all affect of the painting.

4. the tail is set in my opinion a little low, if you raise the tail base up it will look less to have a big huge rear end. But I think that it is easy to fix....

5. You are doing great Don't ever give up and if you ever need advice I will be glad to help anytime!! You are going to be just as good as me if not better in no time! Just keep practicing!!

Christina!!:D

white-anubis
04-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Is the butt too big? Well, even if it is, looks good!

Pippin
04-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Well done:clap: .You show a lot of improvement with this one .You should be pleased with it.Keep up the good work!

Line
04-22-2003, 03:06 AM
Awww thanks all! :D I did use a reference pic for this one :) I think I'll paint more today ;)

MarciaJane
04-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Hi Line

Nice painting - you are doing well - told you not to give up!!!

MarciaJane

Jackmorgan
04-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Hey, this is great, I drew horses half my life and I'm old :) before I got to the point you are now! Good helpful critique too, we'll all learn from it...donna