PDA

View Full Version : a pour

steveb
04-21-2003, 04:14 AM
please tell me what you think,

i want this to have an uneasy feel to it, disjointed, but pleasing to look at.

is it too wierd?

please comment

thanks

steve

Yorky
04-21-2003, 05:16 AM
Wow! What a colour mix!

A little too violent for me I'm afraid. If it is intended as strictly abstract, then I would lose the boat on the lake.

I think you should call this "Armageddon".

Doug

M.A.
04-21-2003, 07:13 AM
Sorry, I don't feel uneasy about this piece at all. And I like it very much. The only thing that throws me off is the blue swath on the hill. Overall, I think it looks like a lovely serene sunrise on a day when the person in the canoe has the whole world to herself.

Uschi
04-21-2003, 09:27 AM
I love colour, so I like it!!!!!
Uschi

pampe
04-21-2003, 09:30 AM
tis bright all right

IMHO it would be a bitt more unified if you had let some of the colors mix...not quite sure how this is a "pour" without that mixing....

good for you for trying something different!!

surreal
04-21-2003, 09:36 AM
Honestly speaking -

It is not at all weird.

It does have an uneasy feel to it, which is what you want.

I don't find it pleasing to look at, however, and this is because of the juxtaposition of colors, which creates a jarring effect.

But this is just my opinion, the opinion of 1 artist, so take it for what it's worth and in context with the remarks of the other artists here.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
:)

steveb
04-21-2003, 11:11 AM
a appreciate all the comments, i think it's kind of weird looking, but it is growing on me.

I thought about "unifying" with some color enhancement from the sky into the rest of the painting, but i decided to make it look like everything in the landscape is normal, when it's obvious that it's not.

i actually used the red because i had some undiluted pigment sitting on a shelf that i wanted to try, so try it i did and here you go.

thanks again to all for responding, it is nice to have response.

steve

Joni St. Martin
04-21-2003, 01:35 PM
The colors are beautiful, but much too stimulating for me, in such concentration. It doesn't make me feel uneasy as much as it makes me feel hyper. It isn't something I'd want to look at very much, because I like feeling peaceful, not overly stimulated, by the art I surround myself with.

Regards,

Joni