PDA

View Full Version : EBAY and more

jti
04-21-2003, 03:45 AM
Hello all,

Well we did it. Thanks to many people's bidding (I don't know if the winning bidder was a WCer or not) - we rasied $28 for our favorite website. If the high bidder was a WC (and you're reading this) - if you don't have a little check mark (i.e. financial supporter icon) by your name then let me know. I'll ask WC if they'll credit us both for the donation (i.e. give me a nice little check-mark as well as you). But, for the rest of you guys/gals - thanks for your support (financial via bidding - and vocal - through encouragment ... a few have mentioned an interest in donating proceeds from a sale to WC as well. I think that's great. WC should make a little forum for notification of the sales for them (I guess other forum members might like to do something like that too). Anyhow, I feel the experiment/experience was a success and you folks helped - so, thanks again.

Below is a piece I just finished this weekend. I call it "Steeple View" . Size is 8.25 X 10.75 inches on 140 lb. CP. It was fun and I'm getting happier with both my skies and painting time (I feel I'm too slow/detailed (I know, I know, there's no race)... but still... Comments and Suggestions welcome although I think I'm about done with this one. Thanks again - jti

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2003/19946-steeple-view-wc.jpg

Yorky
04-21-2003, 04:54 AM
What a wonderful idea, J.

And a lovely steeple view - love that sky!

I just got myself an eBay account and trying to pluck up courage to put some paintings on there. The first one will be my donation to WC.

Doug

M.A.
04-21-2003, 07:03 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
So happy to see your auction went well! That was a great idea you had!

This steeple is lovely, and I really like it. Just one "nit" and that is the portion of roof in the forground ... do you think that if it were darker you'd get a better sense of distance of the hills etc?

Doug - eBay - go for it!!! Your work is wonderful! Please let us know when you start your auctions!

CharM
04-21-2003, 08:31 AM
Congratulations on your Ebay sale! Your sky IS good... I especially like the expanse of pale sky behind the steeple... It draws my attention...

I purchased a watercolour book some time ago, about completing a painting in an hour. It left me feeling that I'm too slow and dogged with my own dabbling and it has been difficult to get that notion out of my mind. It's rather like leaping from shore to shore over a river... If we don't cross the bridge, we'll miss all the experiences of the journey...

artmom
04-21-2003, 08:59 AM
jti--I'm so excited! My daughter-in-law was the winner of your painting! She is excited, too! As soon as I saw it, I knew she would like it AND that it would go with her decor. So, yesterday while having Easter dinner at her house, I pulled up WetCanvas, then Ebay, and voila! she bid on it and won it. That's a good way to help support WetCanvas.:D

BTW, I like the steeple--it is so strong!

Lyn

Little Old Lady
04-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Glad auction went well.
Love the view of your steeple.
JoAnn

M.A.
04-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Lyn - that's so cool!

jti
04-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Artmom, I'm excited too! I'll be eager to learn if the painting meets her expectations once received. Do keep me posted! So glad it stayed in the WC family!

Thanks for the update. jti