Dimension: 11 x 9
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Just about done

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any suggestions to end this one? Thanks, Jim

Wes Hyde
04-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Just add your signature, Jim, and it's done.

Wes

Helen Zapata
04-20-2003, 04:05 PM
I agree, all it's needs is your signature.

It's lovely! Those soft colors, the famous woodguy brushwork. And I love that sparkle of burnt orange in the bottom left.

Helen :clap:

jerryW
04-20-2003, 04:19 PM
great angles and shadows.
critical dark fulcra bind it
and give it movement
(kind of a theory of mine)
a joyous chocolate halo
surrounds a distant door

coulter
04-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah! This is great! I agree with Helen, the brown orange is a great, if anything you could add a little of that in the window sill on the left, or ....

just.....

sign it!! :clap:

Mark

bocote
04-21-2003, 12:58 AM
this work is what my friends would say, "the schiznit". I very much like this. I can name off a dozens reasons why, but I'll summarize: great contrast between forms, limited level of detail shows quite a bit, colors are true, intensity is great and I feel like I want to be there.

After looking at it for the 4th time I'm curious as to what is inside the door on the left. Its a little vague in there. Although I am not sure if I like it how it is or if there was something more inside. I'll sleep on it.

have fun,

Bocote

woodguy
04-21-2003, 01:23 AM
Well. this is going to be a little hard to respond to. Kind of like asking a magician how he does an illusion! But this IS a forum of, and for magical people, so all secrets can be revealed. First to Wes and Helen, thank you! I have signed it, but not before adding a little more of the Brownish Orange where I thought it worked best (Thank you, Mark!) To Jerry and Bocote, I have to say that this was entirely made up! The "haloed door" in the backround was an attempt at balance. Just a brush stroke! And what is inside the door? I just scratched through the paint with the heel of my brush in a very haphazard fashion to "suggest something". I guess what I was trying to do was to create an image where every viewer could fill in where they wanted with what they what they wanted! Does that make sense? Especially behind the door.....Who, What, When and Where! I like it, and wish that I could find a formula for it! Thanks to all. Jim

woodguy
04-21-2003, 01:37 AM
Bocote....I had to do a search on google for "the shiznit"; nothing more to say than "thank you", and pass me a thigh, please!

Wayne Gaudon
04-21-2003, 09:53 AM
:D

artinoils
04-22-2003, 01:57 AM
Nice one. I especially like the doorway, it draws you in. Curious about these imagined scenes...is your idea firm before beginning? Do you sketch out your idea or do you allow the brush take you where it will?

qaziasif
04-22-2003, 04:08 AM
Simply, complete painting i will preffer not to change it. its very impresive.

woodguy
04-24-2003, 01:53 AM
Wayne, thanks for the :D Q

Susan....Thank You! The imagined scenes come out of no where! I start with a blank canvas and begin "doodling" with turp thinned B Umber. Then I start wiping away looking for things to happen. At some point, after stepping way back and looking through half closed eyes, I see something start to emerge. Hard to explain, but the image just starts to "pop" out. I am working on another one righ now that has "happened" the exact same way, ( attached).

Qaziasif...Thank you, I do appreciate you looking and comenting.

Thanks all, Jim