GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Curiosity
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Photo crops composition slightly and washes out some of the colors (boy's blue pants and green shirt and girl's yellow shirt).

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Be critical!

jerryW
04-20-2003, 04:29 PM
the sense of wonder is telegraphed - and the figures are fine,
but not as much taekwondo in this gently blended spectral piece as compared to red pelican presentation.
you always could go break some more rules, (and please remove unnecessary detail from the bridge floor).

bocote
04-21-2003, 01:06 AM
I'd like to see more solid attractive color. Pelicans owned hard. Composition is challenging in this one. how do you feel about it?

If it were mine and I was wanting to paint something on the scale of the pelican painting I'd just repaint the bridge with some of your style and perhaps do something adventurous with the tree in the background.

subject matter in this one is very good and I really like the little bird (its prolly not a bird, but to me it is) ontop of the floating thing in the water.

I'm happy with this work, but let us know if you decide to do any changes and please show us the final version.

have fun,

bocote

Niv
04-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Jerry - I'd add more taekwondo, but I don't know what that means. :confused: Thanks for commenting and I do need to think about your thoughts about the bridge. I'm trying to keep things loose, which is always a battle for me.

Bocote - Thanks. The composition is a little weak but would improve (I think) if I had an actual photo of the entire painting I could post. Incidentally, the blue in the water is a turquoise blue flower I added for some pop.