PDA

View Full Version : *** DAILY WASH for EASTER SUNDAY***20 April 2003

painterbear
04-20-2003, 07:04 AM
Good Morning all,

Doesn't look as if anyone has started the Daily Wash yet today, so I will. First, let me wish all who celebrate it a Happy Easter! Hope the day is sunny and bright for you.

We are supposed to have some rain later today, but the morning is dawning bright and clear, just a few clouds in the sky, tinted orange by the rising sun.

Nothing much on our agenda today, traditional ham, sweet potatoes, tomatoes dinner. Probably make some cornbread to go with it too.

We spent yesterday putting a new fence around the garden to keep the "cute" little bunnies out. Nothing keeps the "sweet" little squirrels out though. They've spent the last week digging and burying things in the soil I had amended and raked. Anybody know of any repellent I can scatter in the garden that would keep the squirrel out? Don't want to hurt them, I enjoy watching them and their acrobatics in the trees and on the telephone wires, just want to keep them out of the garden.

Don't know if I will do any painting today. Found a slide I took of a stairwell with masses of flowers in Paestum, Italy, that appealed to me a little, may tackle that.

Have a happy day, enjoy painting if that is what you will be doing, or just have fun whatever you take on.

CharM
04-20-2003, 07:07 AM
Good Morning and Happy Easter to everyone!

First one to start the thread today!!! Even though it IS a Holiday!!! Chocolate and eggs and food and family!!!

We are having a brunch celebration with my family today!!! I have a leg of lamb for this evening, but I suspect that we'll probably eat too much at brunch and I'll have to save the lamb until tomorrow.

It promises to be a gloriously sunny day here in Southern Ontario. A few spring bulbs are finally poking their heads through the ground... I love the freshness of spring...

I wish everyone health and happiness today and every day...

Have a great day everyone.

CharM
04-20-2003, 07:11 AM
Sylvia got here at the same time I started the Wash... Hers is the first post... Off you go!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: LOL LOL

CharM
04-20-2003, 07:13 AM
Good morning Sylvia and all Washers!!! Didn't we just confound the heck out of ourselves? I waited and waited and it seemed that no one was starting the thread. You and I must have had the idea at exactly the same time!!! Yours got posted first, so this is the thread we'll use!!!

coffee_girl3000
04-20-2003, 07:21 AM
Happy Easter! Slept for 17 hours last night so feeling a bit groggy, and my muscles are rather sore. They were continually used for a week and I think suddenly being a couch potato again is strange for them.

Weather is cloudy but bright today. I can't get used to not seeing bright blue skies and the coldness of England. Everyone thinks it's warm, but it was very hot in France so chilly for me :).

Hope that everybody has a wonderful Easter Day, for the younger (or young at heart) ones, don't eat too much chocolate ;). I am going to have to restrain myself!

M.A.
04-20-2003, 08:16 AM
Morning Ruth, Char and Sarah!
Char-I almost started to reply in your thread but here it is instead-
Normally at this time of year I'd be eating as much chocolate as I can get my hands on but instead I find the naval oranges that are on the grocery shelves are better than chocolate. Yup, *better than chocolate* (Sarah McLaughlin song notwithstanding) so I'm not eating any chocolate until they're all gone!

Happy eating, happy Easter!

Uschi
04-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Good Morning everyone and HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!

Washers must be busy elsewhere, namely hunting for easter eggs. Well, I recouperated from yesterdays gardening "overdo" and my two young male grandkids being here. Was too tired to clean their mess after they left (10:30 p.m.) so have to get it done now especially since it is my turn to cook the brunch for my friends.

Yes, absolutely gorgeous day here and my first "early tulip" opened, so have a tiny splash of red in the garden.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!!
Uschi

CharM
04-20-2003, 08:34 AM
Oh... this is so confusing... Please use Sylvia's thread..

artmom
04-20-2003, 09:12 AM
CharM--I'll use Sylvia's thread--BTW--one way that the folk in the UK use to identify the thread is to use ****--that way we can just use the astericks to find it or the EDIT and FIND button!

Little Old Lady
04-20-2003, 09:15 AM
Good day all. It really is slow here today.
Another cold and dreary day here,
Glad you had a good time Sarah.
Nothing special planned for today.
Have a good one whatever your plans!
JoAnn

artmom
04-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Good morning, everyone!

We're off to have Easter dinner at our son's house. We each bring a dish--and I stayed up late last night making potato salad.
Hope everyone has a good day!:)

Happy painting and/or celebrating!

Lyn

mpopinz
04-20-2003, 09:30 AM
Good morning all..

Another beautiful morning here in the midwest. A beautiful day to celebrate Easter Sunday.

Happy Easter & Happy Passover to all. Days to reflect, appreciate and show all family & friends how special they are.

Enjoy your day, enjoy your families, and eat all you want, its a holiday!

L'Chiam

Olga
04-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Hello,
Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

Welcome back, Sarah! Good to hear that you had a such a good time in France.

Lovely day, here. I've been trying to paint a version #2 of a still life with strawberries and wine that I botched yesterday. Hope it will work better today. I want to finish so I can also paint the red lilies that have now opened and are begging to be painted...

Olga

pampe
04-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Good Spring Day, everyone and Happy Holiday

incredibly beautiful here this morning ...glistening snow on the mountains, bright sun and willbe 69 degrees!

AND WE HAVE A TEE TIME this afternoon...YUM!!!!

Have a great day, enjoy family, food and friends.

See you tomorrow

PAm

mchew
04-20-2003, 10:27 AM
Hi guys,

Just finished the Shop along Sophia Road painting... phew took quite a while... woke up quite late today... supposed to go to bed early last night but switched on TV and Red Corner starring Richard Gere and Bai Ling was on.... so decided to watch until 2.30am !!

Painted the whole afternoon and only had dinner at 9 pm!!

I'm off for a shower....

yahooserious
04-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Good Morning and Happy Easter everyone!!

we'll be having an easter egg hunt for the neighborhood kids pretty soon. They all came over and colored eggs with Nick yesterday afternoon out on the patio. What a mess...We have eggs of every possible color and a few not possible!! They had a ball!!

We'll be having ham & my world famous mega delicious sour cream potato salad later, yum, yum.

I dunno about naval oranges being better than chocolate. Sounds impossible to me...:D

Hope everyone has a wonderful,,peaceful and joyful day...

Emilie

Christie
04-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Happy Easter!

Got woken up at 6 am with, "The Easter Bunny came!!!!" from our five year old.

Our eight year old stayed up last night helping us to hide the eggs and baskets. We had a lot of fun, but we got to bed late and we are all tired....

Dinner at my husband's aunt and uncle's house tonight, but, before that we have church. THAT should be fun with our kids wired on chocolate. :evil:

Tomorrow is quieter and I will be able to get some pictures in for framing as well as some quiet painting time. Today is lost to family time... :)

mustcreate
04-20-2003, 11:05 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2003/9879-DSC02123.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2003/9879-DSC02125.jpg

Happy Easter!!

We are off for brunch in a few minutes to my parents and then back later in the day for ham dinner. It should be a fun time :)

Karly and Ellen and I painted these eggs yesterday and I thought I would share them with all of you this beautiful bright sunny day.

have a great day

em

Annetta
04-20-2003, 12:27 PM
....I wish everyone here a happy, safe and blessed Easter :)

lyn lynch
04-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Pleasant peaceful Sunday all.

Sorry no help on squirrls, Sylvia. I have developed an irrational hated of feral rabbits for eating all my vegetation; the wire screening looks awful but so be it. Dinner sounds great. Thinking of your Foccia of the other day. It occurs to me that you and dh have had a wonderful life together, I think of this and am so happy for you both. I equate your wash talks to a letter from a good Mom.

Thanks for the easter eggs, Em, I remember the fun of picking just the right colors to eat. Never actually ate the egg, though, I hate cold eggs. Watch that salt intake, second time this week you ate ham. :p

I take a really good orange over chocolate--I get a belly-ache from chocolate.

Yesterday Shim and I did more transplanting. I got picker points on my forearms from sharp plant edges, and bruises, too. Have a few more Yuccas to transplate. Got a bag of mulch and stakes last night so no excuses. I'm searching for low growing flowers to put in my patio garden. Saw some Calla yesterday but they were hybred [thin stalks and small flowers]; lovely, but I prefer the more hardy variety. I look again. Shim had class yesterday--good boy--I'm working with him a bit daily; as Pom spirit emerges so does "top dog" attitude. High spirited Terrier puppy in class yesterday confront Shim and Shim, w/new confidence, sees he just wants to play and responds. Terrier gets feisty and instead of retreating, Shim tells him in no uncertain terms--don't tread on me. Good to see him happier and emotionally healthier. He likes to chase the quail, and I let him--good excercise for young pup tied to ol' woman.

I began a new work last night and might work on it a bit today--it's a character.
Love, Auntie.

mchew
04-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Hi again,

I don't know if you guys are into digital painting but I thought I'll share it anyway.... did this before I started painting the shop this afternoon... using Photoshop... added colours and then click and drag using "smudge" tool.

Here it is... my first digital painting "Digital Abstract"....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2003/14541-digital_abstract.jpg

Uschi
04-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Not fair, not fair!!!!!! I was 2nd or 3rd in the wash this morning and now, when I checked for updates, I had disappeared. Wondered if I had another "senior moment" until I figured out what happened.

Well, you can't get away without my tuppences worth so copied it.

Good Morning everyone and HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!

Washers must be busy elsewhere, namely hunting for easter eggs. Well, I recouperated from yesterdays gardening "overdo" and my two young male grandkids being here. Was too tired to clean their mess after they left (10:30 p.m.) so have to get it done now especially since it is my turn to cook the brunch for my friends.

Yes, absolutely gorgeous day here and my first "early tulip" opened, so have a tiny splash of red in the garden.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!!
Uschi

P.S. now that I have read everyone elses - em your eggs or your daughters eggs are just great!!

and

Served bought (fozen) Lasagna and baked it and made Austrian cucumber salad, ice cream with mango pulp dripped all over. Yes, that was the Easter Sunday brunch HA! Easy, lazy but yummy!!!

painterbear
04-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi All,

Just read everyone's posts, looks like everyone has had or is having a good holiday--Easter or Passover, whichever fits your religious faith.

I'm happy because I drew the flowers and stairs from the Italian house in Paestum today and it turned out pretty good. Tomorrow I will put some paint on it. Hope I can keep it soft and loose, not tight and controlled.

Have to go and get our dinner finished now. Not much left to do, cook the green beans, slice the tomatoes, mash the sweet potatoes with a little butter, and slice the ham. :music:TRA-DI-TION:music:--as Tevya sang in Fiddler on the Roof.

See you tomorrow.

pampe
04-20-2003, 10:25 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

played 18 holes of golf in the sun with my main man and a friend, had a bite with white wine on the way home.....

life is very very good in Paradise

night night