PDA

View Full Version : Farmer

ptantono
04-20-2003, 06:25 AM
Hi,

I choosed to paint this landscape in the class yesterday as I thought I still have weekness in painting tree, branches and leafs.

Thanks for your time to view this. Please feel free to critiques and comments.

Best regards,
Patricia

CharM
04-20-2003, 07:28 AM
Beautiful, beautiful detail in your landscape Patricia. The composition is very interesting and tells a story... Your path is painted and shaded really well. I love the wisy branches of your trees. I do think the foliage could use a little more variation in value... They seem to need more darks... Toward the end of your path, the most distant trees seem to blend in with the hill... IMHO, I would like to see them darkened up a bit also...

M.A.
04-20-2003, 08:18 AM
Wow! Everything about this is beautiful!!! :clap:

I love the height and depth and colours and textures and values.

Wow!

10 out of 10!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yorky
04-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by ptantono
Hi,
I choosed to paint this landscape in the class yesterday as I thought I still have weekness in painting tree, branches and leafs.
Patricia

Well Patricia, you need not worry. Your trees are lovely - the whole painting is lovely.

I like the perspective. I would have liked the farmer to be on the path and so a little more prominent.

Doug

Little Old Lady
04-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Lovely painting. Maybe a little variation in background colors and a bigger farmer next time.
JoAnn

tessp
04-20-2003, 09:38 AM
This has a definite van Gogh feel. Very nice. :)

I do agree about darkening the distant tree just a little.

Tess

mpopinz
04-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Its already been said but this is a very teriffic painting.

I love your trees, and the softness. The colors are perfect. This is a 10 of 10!!!!!!!

surreal
04-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Wonderful painting!

Very appealing composition and sense of depth.

I love this painting.
:D

pampe
04-20-2003, 10:36 AM
very very nice, Patricia

what size is this?

Crystal Owl
04-20-2003, 10:47 AM
Very pretty Patricia, reminds me of the villages over in Korea.

Irene

mchew
04-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Hi Patricia,

Lovely landscape... it tells a story... yes, a bit more variation to the foliage would make it looks better.... well done on a beautiful painting.

Starsprite
04-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Wow, Patricia!! This is amazing!! I love the tallness of the trees!! :clap: :clap:

Jprice022
04-20-2003, 11:24 AM
You have done very well Patricia. Thanks for sharing.

Gilberte
04-20-2003, 01:06 PM
very "special" !!!!

lyn lynch
04-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Ah, yes, I like it too!
I love the size of the farmer in realtionship to the trees--excellent figure work, imo. I think the entire picture beautiful just as it is.
But, if you are confronting your weakness in trees [commendable] then listen to Marvin's advice--he is master foilage painter. On Page one of WC! is a step by step tutorial written by Marvin--don't miss it.

Olga
04-20-2003, 03:40 PM
I think it is lovely just as is!

I would not change a thing!

Olga

Alan Cross
04-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Nice one Patricia
Alan :)

ptantono
04-20-2003, 10:10 PM
:o I did not expect to get so many critiques and comments in one night. I learn to see my weekness from your critiques, you all make me improve in my works. :)

CharM, Tess and mchew...... I did not pay much attention on the variation of foliage colours. Did that last, missed it. :D Thanks.

Fookie...I have tried Marvin tutorial. ;) I like it but we have to practice, there are so many different kind of foliage. :)

Fun2cook & Iris ...... 10 out of 10 ? you are too kind. ;)

Pampe....the size is 12x8 inch on student's paper and student's paint. I am still trying to learn as much as I can. I will not use good paper. There were many mistakes. Good paper is not available in my town. I save it for serious painting only, so as the paints. :)

Thanks Doug, JoAnn, Irene, surreal, Patty, Olga, Alan, John,Gilberte for your critiques and nice comments.

Will ask my teacher to give me another landscape with foliage again next week. Practice to improve. :)