Sert
02-25-2012, 12:08 PM
"Breakfast of crab" by Willem Claesz.
Oil on canvas.
Dimensions: 100 x 100 cm.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Feb-2012/975566-claesz.jpg

Sarah Edgecumbe
03-28-2012, 06:10 AM
I love the painting, but i especially love that soft blending in the background and colour in the white cloth.

Very well done!

ianos dan
08-26-2013, 11:46 AM
l think the original is lighter,or your photo is darker ,but it's a good copy !

AllisonR
08-27-2013, 02:26 AM
l think the original is lighter,or your photo is darker ,but it's a good copy !

Compared to the wikipedia image, it is nearly the same values. I think it depends on the reference. Really stunning. I think you have succeeded in all areas, as a likeness, values, hues, atmosphere... The only thing I see as a difference (and so NOT saying I or anyone else could do any better) - some of your items are more heavy that feel lighter in the original. This is due to all the extra tiny details in the original. For example, the blue bowl and golden goblet above it, have lots of delicately painted little details, which make them still have body but feel lighter in the original. The originals fabric also appears thinner, lighter, more satiny in the original though who knows how this is done. I hope you don' mind my comments, I am learning just by studying your beautiful painting with the original. Absolutely superb. Was it not daunting to start such a detailed, complex master copy? If you have some WIPs would you post them? Would love to see how you work.

ianos dan
08-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Agree with you AllisonR! l found an image on internet that has is lighter and somehow ,warmer.
It seems that in this versions ,the goblet has some carvings on it ,tiny elements that are invisible on other darker versions .
Sert,great work !!!!Just look a this version ,probably with help you in other copies of his great masterhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Aug-2013/1165823-5254983535_323cd5d4b4_z.jpg