PDA

View Full Version : Last fish for Traffic jam

Turtle33
04-19-2003, 05:22 PM
here is an update of the last fish for the Traffic Jam painting. any comments or suggestions would be very helpful!
thanks!
Sarah
oh, and that light was the sun in the window when i took the pciture

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2003/16927-New_fish_001.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2003/16927-New_fish_002.jpg

Yorky
04-19-2003, 05:48 PM
This painting is absolutely fabulous, Sarah.

Sorry I can't offer any criticism - there isn't any. I am fascinated by the way you do the background - always a problem for me.

I look forward to seeing the completed painting.

Doug

Turtle33
04-19-2003, 05:53 PM
thanks Yorky :)
backgrounds are easy for me because i paint just layering and mixing a lot of color. there is hardly ever a real plan when i start mixing. i do touch up areas later in the painting though but only as i go along.
with this painting, i think i am a little bothered by the nothing in the corner problem...bottom right. does anyone think that is a composition problem? i didn't to begin with but now that the last fish is being painted, i am questioning that.

thanks!

Sarah

babybrush
04-19-2003, 06:14 PM
you are doing a great job on this. as for the corner, if it still bothers you when you are done, you could always crop it. i don't think it causes a real problem though.

Bethany

Alan Cross
04-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Nice Job so far Sarah and I don't see a need for anything but your sig in the right hand corner...
Alan :)

Turtle33
04-19-2003, 08:05 PM
thanks Alan :D
if you think it is OK, then cool!
yeah! you are back!

thanks Bethany :) i am going to get painting again soon.

Sarah

CharM
04-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Yorky

Sorry I can't offer any criticism - there isn't any. I am fascinated by the way you do the background - always a problem for me.

Doug

I have nothing but trouble with backgrounds... Sarah, I'm in awe of your backgrounds... and your fish... and your bubbles...

p.s. What IS his name??????

champagneharley
04-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Terrific fishies!
Love the lower one, so 'real' and almost 3-d!
Regards,
Jillian

lyn lynch
04-19-2003, 11:41 PM
I don't know about compositional, Sarah, I think you are going to have to show us a full scan when done. Then, show detail fishy as separate scan.
If the fish in this scan is in the position shown, no, no composition problems.
This is so beautiful. From now on you are to sign your posts:
Little Turtle, PWS

[edit] OK, I go back to scan 1, which I think is the full painting, and I see what you mean. I see if I can get you someone else w/compositional experience to have a look.

mustcreate
04-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Sarah, once again you are doing an outstanding job. I wonder if you know how incredibly talented you are. It is so great to see such a talent being exercised and used to such good use.

From where the painting sits now, it doesn't look like a problem with the space in the lower right. I enjoy some space in a painting, especially in a random type of setting such as these rapidly moving fish. It is quite realistic to me to see all three of them up in one corner of my vision and then the next moment maybe not seeing any of them because they darted away.

I say finish up the third fish and take a look back at it. Post it for us to see completed and to see if that space is still troublesome.

Possibly all it might need is some warming up with the background colours there to unify with the warm tones in the fish.

em

norsky
04-20-2003, 02:18 AM
This is why I want to learn watercolor!! The way the medium takes shape in many different ways.

Thanks for your picture.

Norsky

painterbear
04-20-2003, 06:48 AM
Hi Sarah,

Doesn't this poor little fish who had to wait til last to be painted even have a name?

Looking forward to seeing you develop the color in Numero Trey. He is looking good at this time.

Turtle33
04-20-2003, 09:15 AM
hi Sylvia:) i still don't have a name for the 3rd fish...i will though by the time i am done painting him.
i got really sleepy again last night so i stopped painting but he will be done today.
thanks for looking Norsky :)
thanks Em :D i know that i can paint watercolor paintings alright but i look at other paintings on this forum and there are so many outstanding artists here! i still have a lot to learn but it is fun learning :D
i am going to finish the last fish today so i wll definitely post him.
i took another good look last night and i am happier with that space in the lower right. it is darker as you can see and sort of shows how it matches up with the left upper corner. the only difference is there are no bubbles at the lower right corner.
since i drew the fish all up in one corner, and titled this traffic jam, well i think it might be alright?
thank you Jillian and CharM. i just don't have a name yet :rolleyes:

hi Auntie Fookie :clap:
scan one is the full painting. i will look for another post by you to see if there are any more suggestions. i do think i like it better now that i took a break from it and stepped back.